Iii

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,274
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Linton wrote: »
    The ISA Yes/No markers are often wrong, or may mean that the fund manager does or doesnt provide an in-house ISA. I am not aware of any equity funds that are ineligible for ISAs. I believe there are restrictions on short dated bond funds, but there arent many of those around.

AFAIK SIPPs can invest in any fund.

It would be interesting to know which funds you have that are not provided by II. I havent found any, though I guess there are some small obscure fund managers around. If your funds arent on II's list suggest you talk to them.
    They are provided but not in an ISA according to their factsheets.
  • DiamondLil
    DiamondLil Posts: 647
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm currently considering moving my directly held funds over to either III or Charles Stanley Direct.
    Looking at the comparisons, it would seem to be much cheaper to go with III for these investments, but I also want to start monthly savings plans with relatively small monthly payments, and these seem to be expensive with £1.50 per month charges. Or am I reading the info. wrong?
    It seems to me to be very confusing; or, again, I'm more dense than I thought...
    I have to say Charles Stanley have been very helpful in dealing with my numerous questions so far...
    I'm struggling with the III website in trying to gather all the information.
    If anyone on here can shed some light I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    how have people actually initiated the transfer from HL to III?
    ........online with III? on the telephone to them?
  • amandajc
    amandajc Posts: 217 Forumite
    DiamondLil wrote: »
    I'm currently considering moving my directly held funds over to either III or Charles Stanley Direct.
    Looking at the comparisons, it would seem to be much cheaper to go with III for these investments, but I also want to start monthly savings plans with relatively small monthly payments, and these seem to be expensive with £1.50 per month charges. Or am I reading the info. wrong?

As far as I understand it the £1.50 per regular payment is correct but the first £20 you spend is covered by the quarterly charge which does help keep the price down.

After I signed up I watched their video tutorial through a couple of times and I'm quite confident that I know my way around the site now. I have been quite impressed with their customer service so far. But then this is the first time I've done any online trading (my S&S ISA was previously held directly) so I've nothing to compare it with.
  • Mattygroves2
    Mattygroves2 Posts: 581 Forumite
    amandajc wrote: »
    As far as I understand it the £1.50 per regular payment is correct but the first £20 you spend is covered by the quarterly charge which does help keep the price down.

You need to check the regular investment charges as the way I read their website is that it only applies to regular investments in shares, ETFs and Investment Trusts. So not funds where you'll pay £10 a trade although you do get the £20 credit each quarter.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,062
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    amandajc wrote: »

After I signed up I watched their video tutorial through a couple of times and I'm quite confident that I know my way around the site now. I have been quite impressed with their customer service so far. But then this is the first time I've done any online trading (my S&S ISA was previously held directly) so I've nothing to compare it with.

£1.5 trades arent covered by the £20/qtr charge, only standard price trades.
  • foofi22
    foofi22 Posts: 2,199
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 March 2014 at 10:17PM
    Linton wrote: »
    £1.5 trades arent covered by the £20/qtr charge, only standard price trades.

Unless I've misunderstood you, I think they are.

Say you have £20 trading credit and make 2 regular (fund) trades. Your trading credit will now be £17. It was for me last month!
  • amandajc
    amandajc Posts: 217 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2014 at 10:17PM
    You need to check the regular investment charges as the way I read their website is that it only applies to regular investments in shares, ETFs and Investment Trusts. So not funds where you'll pay £10 a trade although you do get the £20 credit each quarter.

Thanks. The wording on the site isn't clear but when I spoke to someone from II on the phone I definitely came away with the impression that the £1.50 charge referred to funds as well.
    I've sent them a message to ask for confirmation one way or the other.
  • Sparky47
    Sparky47 Posts: 314 Forumite
    planteria wrote: »
    how have people actually initiated the transfer from HL to III?
    ........online with III? on the telephone to them?

I opened an II account online this week.
    You can download a transfer form from their site and post it off to them, they will then arrange it with HL.

Don't forget to write to HL and complain about the exit fees, you should then get a letter agreeing to waive them.
  • DiamondLil
    DiamondLil Posts: 647
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you everyone;
    amandajc - if you get a response, please could you let me know the answer ?
    I'm hanging fire at the moment until I feel I've gathered all the relevant info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure