Debt Demolisher

Comments

• Good luck with your DF journey!
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Hi Macey and thankyou

I am going to need all the luck in the world to get through. But get through I will :)

Any tips or advice from anyone will be gratefully received.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated
    So all relevant paperwork sent off now just to wait to hear from SC.

Still feeling a little more positive about the future and hope that life will get a little easier from here on in. Need to budget every week now and need to take it seriously as theres no going back now.
    My budgets in the past have been too easy to think oh i'll just spend this and make it up next week. Oh i'll just buy this and pay it off next week hence the reason im in the boat im in. Well and truly up sh** creek without a paddle.

Will be budgeting weekly with DHs wages for things like groceries gas electric my monthly wages will budget for the DMP rent council tax and car insurance etc Anything left over from either wages will be saved.

I suppose I wont really see if my plan works out until our DMP is up and running and my budgets are in place and all working out

Heres hoping
    M
  • Hi popping in to show some support, reading through it seems you are really getting things going and steeping up to the challenge. Good luck :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • Just wanted to wish you good luck and offer a bit of support while you wait for the DMP paperwork/confirmation. So difficult to advise until you know what's happening there I think, but maybe posting an SOA would help the experts weigh in? Not so much on the debt repayments as I guess those aren't confirmed, but on any obvious ways to cut outgoings.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Hi angelpye and treadingonplaymobil

Thankyou for popping in and for your comments. Still haven't drawn up a budget but will do this this afternoon. Payday for me tomorrow and I will be busy shifting money around cancelling DDs and setting up new ones with new account.

Need to pop out in a while to get glasses fixed. Hopefully they will do it for free as I haven't had them that long but the arm has fallen off :eek: I will have no cash on me so if they want to charge me I will play the feel sorry for me card. :p. They only need a new screw fitted.

Will leave my purse at home as I don't need anything and this will remove any temptation to buy anything unessessary.
    M
  • motivated
    Back home with one pair of mended glasses free of charge too, the others are broken for good :(
    Anyway we both are due for new eye tests in September so will be saving up for glasses instead of whacking them straight on CC. Not that I will have a CC to use by then anyway so saving it is. A bonus there then.

Getting impatient for payday tomorrow as I need to sort finances out. Will be up and out early then back home to sort bank accounts and DDs once and for all.
    M
  • I'm glad you got your glasses mended...I'm counting down the days until payday too so I can pay a bit more off on my debts :)
  • Good news on the glasses. Good luck getting everything sorted tomorrow, there's something satisfying about seeing it all lined up, even if the numbers are a bit alarming.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Macey I'm always counting the days to payday purely to make sure I have enough to pay CCs and DDs etc. Scared to spend anything until I know they are all paid. Even avoiding any small treats throughout the month and having to stash any spare cash away as I never seemed to have enough when the CC statements come in. Hence the reason we have to go down the DMP route
    So I am looking forward to tomorrow's payday as I now feel I can stop panicking a little and have a bit of breathing space.
    Our budget is going to be our key to success I think. If it's not budgeted for then we can't have it or don't need it.

Treadingonplaymobil I am trying so hard not to think of the overall figure it's too scary :eek: But I am going to set myself small targets like every £1000 paid or every month I survived. I know that with determination and hard work we will get there. As others have said there is always someone with a bigger mountain to climb and when you read some of the success stories and some of the amounts people have paid off so far it's an eye opener and proof that it is indeed doable.

I have also found so much inspiration on here I dread to think where I would be if I hadn't had the balls to face up to it all and ask for advice.

Good luck with your journeys too
    M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family