Car insurance successes stories

Options

Comments

• saurus672
    Options
    Just renewed my TPFT insurance on Volvo estate.
    Using Quidco & through Lloyds TSB managed to get a years cover for
    £28 (yes twenty eight pounds)
    Chuffed!
  • Shiggaddi
    Options
    Got mine for just on the £100 mark (give or take a few quid) from Prudential. This includes the £100 from quidco. I paid with my egg money card, so I got 1% cashback on the premium paid (£200)

I'm sure a female in their 50s, with full no claims for 30 years, driving a 10 year old car in the lowest insurance group, and living in the right postcode area, could possibly end up getting paid to have a 3rd party insurance policy!!
  • Rumman
    Rumman Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    mine was 451!!!! new driver student, 3rd party fire and theft.
  • Rumman
    Rumman Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    mine was 451!!!! new driver student, 3rd party fire and theft.
  • barnsleyjon
    Options
    fully comp for 82 quid! 2 yrs no claims, 1.2 clio
    quote from barclays, 148
    renewal with bradford & bingley 133
    barclays deal, 132 + £50 cash back (got to send them renewal quote from existing insurers) = £82 = happy
  • carl3418
    carl3418 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    i got my car ins for just £71 with swiftcover after £50 cash back! that is the cheapest ins i have ever had,thanks MSE.
    :j looking after the housekeeper sir !!
  • Annando
    Annando Posts: 458 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    jenski wrote:
    Who/what is quidco? how do they work to give you money off?

Quidco is a cashback company. They give you cashback if you buy any kind of product through them. There are various cashback companies around, Quidco, Topcashback, Greasypalm, Linemypocket, Rrpoints Fivers etc... Quidco and Topcashback are usually the ones that pay the most cashback.

Last year I got £175 cashback just for renewing my car and home insurance...this year I hope to get both insurances for under £100 and bag £370 in the process.

The way they work is that you register with them, whenever you want to buy something you use their link (and only theirs) to buy whatever it is you want. You will pay the full price of it, in my case my car insurance quote came to £201. So I paid £201 with my credit card. Quidco traced my transaction and in March I will be able to claim my £120 from them once they have received it from Lloyds.

They list the different cashback amounts for the different companies. And you can get cashback for loads of different things. Opening a bank account, getting a credit card, searching for things in kelkoo or pricerunner, booking holidays, buying plants, furniture, wine, clothes... usual things.
  • ellou02
    ellou02 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    My colleague had her insurance due, so i offered to check the deals available. Her quote was £160 TF,F&T so I thought a few quid could be saved - was really surprised to get Swiftcover offering £103, and the £50 cashback - making a total of £53 for a year!

I was amazed! Confused.com has always saved money for me and friends, but I've never found anything this cheap!
  • Nickydemus
    Options
    Thanks Martin, my renewal was £158.
    Through confused.com got a quote of £127 from Swiftcover
    plus £50 off - total £77 !!
    Result eh...:rotfl:
    Nicky.
  • sleeponit
    Options
    £27 with Post Offfice after £50 cash back. Yes £27.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback