Travel insurance for self arranged US trip

I'm arranging a family trip to Florida next April, We have already found and booked a villa, paying a deposit of half the cost and will be booking flights ourselves this week direct from the airline.

Can anyone let me know the best travel insurance to cover us? There will be four adults and a teenager travelling for 15 days in total and there are no medical issues.

Thanks in advance :beer:

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Depends on what cover you are wanting. Standard Travel Insurance or one that includes extra cover for problems independent travellers might encounter. When you book a trip made up of different parts, you don't have ATOL protection.

Search for Travel Insurance including 'Independent Traveller' optional cover and compare premium with that of standard Travel cover.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Just to let you know . i own a villa in Florida and over the years we have had a few cancellations for various reasons and in every case i have told them to call their insurance company. I had various communications with different insurance company and in some cases they refused to pay for the villa.
    What i tried to do then was to try and re rent those dates and refund the original booking, or if it was some time in the future refund or change the dates if i could .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure