NRAM Appeal for AP removal

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has successfully managed to have AP markers removed from NRAM?

I have markers on my report from 2011 to 2015 when the debt was paid. I have successfully managed to have markers removed with Barclaycard but I wondered if it was worth approaching NRAM with the same request?

Unfortunately, this was for a secured loan rather than a credit card so I am guessing these debts are treated differently.

Comments

• Why would they remove an accurate representation of your account?
  • !!! wrote: »
    Why would they remove an accurate representation of your account?

Because if I had just not paid and been defaulted in 2011 then this debt would now be off my record.

But I paid it in full I am being penalised because this record will remain on my report until 2021.
  • ICO guidelines state that AP markers should only be used for a short term (as in 6 months). After that you have technically defaulted on your debt. Then it is reported for 6 years on your credit report.

However, a lot of companies now (Barclaycard) are using AP markers for years.

So I have now been penalised for 10 years instead of 6.
  • Indeed, guidelines.

Of course, there!!!8217;s the obvious solution to it not being there in the first place.

You can ask them but if they say no the accept it
  • !!! wrote: »
    Indeed, guidelines.

Of course, there!!!8217;s the obvious solution to it not being there in the first place.

You can ask them but if they say no the accept it

Hmmmmm I am sensing someone who hasn't had to go through a traumatic and expensive divorce.

The only reason why this is on my record is because I couldn't afford to pay mortgage and rent after leaving an abusive husband.

I think the term is walk in mile in a person's shoes before judging?
  • To be frank here, that's nothing to do with anything.

Anyone can give a background story to come off as the one that was hard-done by.

Lender's tend to not care about that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport