Slicethepie?

Anyone tried this site?

https://www.slicethepie.com/

Comments

• Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Used to use it, pretty awful pay and now they refuse your submissions pretty easily or give you low scores which ruins your account. I don't think it's worth it anymore- not for music reviews. I used to only do the fashion reviews which paid at a decent rate. But don't even get the emails about those anymore.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,215
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I do it and have a decent level on there so I aim for a quick $1-2 per day doing mostly fashion reviews which are alongside the music reviews. I tend to dip in whilst I'm doing other surveys and tasks just to mix it all up.
    Everytime they update their website they seem to lower their rates of pay, but I don't mind doing a little every day and cashing out each time I hit threshold.
    NF 04.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£233.00 (46%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£042.00     NPt 12.24 £250.00/£080.95
    FD £3600.00/£0900.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0450.00

• Wizzbang
    Forumite
    I do it and have a decent level on there so I aim for a quick $1-2 per day doing mostly fashion reviews which are alongside the music reviews. I tend to dip in whilst I'm doing other surveys and tasks just to mix it all up.
    Everytime they update their website they seem to lower their rates of pay, but I don't mind doing a little every day and cashing out each time I hit threshold.

Thanks I just logged in again and the site has changed. If fashion reviews are more frequent- I'll be giving it another whirl.
    Minimalist

• Wizzbang
    Forumite
    They used to pay 50 cents per fashion review, this is now no better than the music reviews. Not a fast way to earn cash like it was! IMHO, I think there are better ways to earn cash. I will get my account up to $10 eventually and cash out.
    Minimalist

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,215
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    They used to pay 50 cents per fashion review, this is now no better than the music reviews. Not a fast way to earn cash like it was! IMHO, I think there are better ways to earn cash. I will get my account up to $10 eventually and cash out.

I agree it isn't what it was, but I just open a tab whilst I'm doing a survey and do a few things on there and typically pull out $10-15+ a week for a bit of pottering. I find it oddly relaxing sometimes, unless I do the music stuff and get the misogynistic rap!
    NF 04.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£233.00 (46%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£042.00     NPt 12.24 £250.00/£080.95
    FD £3600.00/£0900.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0450.00

• cauldron
    cauldron Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Could anyone help please? Slicethepie have started doing beauty reviews, and I managed to get 1 review through, but it keeps saying i'm not being specific enough, and refer to the product I'm reviewing. I keep doing that, tried it so many different ways, but it's having none of it.
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 530
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just logged in to Slicethepie for the first time since the end of January!
    I like how we can now choose which category to review, but I did one music and one homeware and only got paid 5 cents each. Don't mean to put people off too much, because have previously done music ones for that amount, in amongst others for 15-20 cents.
    Do we still get paid that much for some of them?

Cauldron... both my reviews just now went through fine, but yes, it's annoying when it says you're not being specific enough or your reviews are sounding repetitive! I really think their autochecker needs to be more lenient and better able to tell the difference between genuine reviews and people posting gibberish.

I don't have any beauty reviews to do, but they seem to require that you use a certain number of keywords - I think that's set too high as well! - so for the homeware one I used words such as design, style, texture, colour, mentioned the colours used, mentioned the product, and used a few suitable words from the given description.
  • Frognostic
    Frognostic Posts: 26
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I gave this site a try a couple of years back, before I started writing for content mills.

After earning a little bit of money on there they froze my account because I was rating things too similar for their liking. I emailed them and I think they allowed me back into my account but said I needed to give vary my ratings more. I never bothered after that.

For the money on offer I thought their standards were too high and it was not really worth my time. I have no intention of ever going back there and wouldn't be surprised if it was even worse than it was before.
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 530
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Email from Slicethepie:

"For this weekend only we have amazing bonus payment of $0.50 on selected homeware items".
  • fewgroats
    fewgroats Posts: 774
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    For "selected homeware items" read "7 or 8 sofas". Shame it couldn't be more, really.
    Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure