Dominos pizza drivers wage??

Hi guys & girls,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much Dominos Pizza delivery drivers get paid per hour? Apparently you get petrol allowance as well but not sure how true this is?

Thanks in advance, CC
October Grocery Challenge - £67.18/£135
Save up £500 - £0/£500
NSDs for October - 0/10

Comments

• jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Hi guys & girls,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much Dominos Pizza delivery drivers get paid per hour? Apparently you get petrol allowance as well but not sure how true this is?

Thanks in advance, CC
    Locally it works out at £4 per hour plus £1 per delivery
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jc2703 wrote: »
    Locally it works out at £4 per hour plus £1 per delivery

Really? Thats below minimum wage....

My store is minimum wage (age dependent) + 80p-£2 a delivery depending where.
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    Remember that you need to advise your car insurance co that there are business miles going on and the profession....
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Lokolo wrote: »

My store is minimum wage (age dependent) + 80p-£2 a delivery depending where.
    Which is why the person who I know didn't do it. As Dominos is a franchise each store may be different
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • What is minimum wage btw? I would try and look myself but work computer doesn't let you look up job stuff :(

Cheers for info so far!
    October Grocery Challenge - £67.18/£135
    Save up £500 - £0/£500
    NSDs for October - 0/10
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lokolo wrote: »

Depends on how many deliveries you make surely
  • Lokolo
    Forumite
    dzug1 wrote: »
    Depends on how many deliveries you make surely

I don't think thats the point, as I could work for a week without doing deliveries and get paid under minimum wage.

Its the same with being a waitor, I thought it was illegal to make up the minimum wage through tips.

Same problem surely?

Also when I worked at Domino's, the delivery money wasn't paid with their wages. They would just get the petrol money at the end of the night.
  • My partner works part time as a dominos delivery driver he is paid £5.80 an hour, he gets 80p-£1 for petrol depending on area he is driving too, the petrol money is paid at the end of the night. He also gets to keep tips. He works between 12 and 16 hours a week and can make between £100 and £140 with wages, petrol and tips.
  • Lokolo
    Forumite
    gemstar16 wrote: »
    My partner works part time as a dominos delivery driver he is paid £5.80 an hour, he gets 80p-£1 for petrol depending on area he is driving too, the petrol money is paid at the end of the night. He also gets to keep tips. He works between 12 and 16 hours a week and can make between £100 and £140 with wages, petrol and tips.

That sounds a lot like one the stores I worked in. Wouldn't be surprised if it were the same owner.
  • john_kent
    john_kent Posts: 425 Forumite
    I used to work at Pizza Hut when I couldnt find anything else. I would typically do Thursday Friday and Saturday 6pm til 10pm.

I earned minimum wage plus 80p a delivery and kept tips. I also was entitled to one regular pizza or two side dishes per shift.

Occassionaly I would volunteer for oven cleaning and this led to other adhoc tasks like running to another store to collect stock or even cleaning at another store.

People look down on this job but it kept my head above water fro 6 months and I kept it up after I found full time work until it got to much
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure