Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hey a lovely new thread, thank you Savvy :D

Blimey, I now have no idea what I read catching up on thread no. 3 so sorry, no individual mentions :o

I completely forgot to buy some Promarkers last night on the Pollycrafts site, what a numpty :(

Did a huge supermarket shop this morning so feeling knackered, the trolley was so heavy but DS2 was an angel. He needed a wee towards the end of shopping so I dashed himn off to the loo and then when I got back I couldn't find my trolley, I thought I'd have to do all the shopping again but then found it, I'm sure someone had moved it :p

Have a good rest of the day everyone and hugs to everyone who needs one/wants one x
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    Options
    Lyndach wrote: »
    Oh no your making the spendy elves head my way!
    Although I nipped out the range today, it's only 2 mins up the road! and bought this http://www.craftie-charlie.co.uk/my-mind-s-eye-penny-lane-12-x12-specialty-glitter-cardstock-54.html for £12.99
    Gonna have to save up and go to the papermil shop, there's 2 in the next city or get OH to drive to Swindon, anyone know if the swindon one is big?

£12.99 that's a brilliant price :T :T :T If anyone finds it online for that price can you please let me know, I love with those papers x
  • rainmac
    Options
    I seemed to have missed this freebie flower vase freebie when it came out... http://the-creative-cottage.blogspot.com/2010/01/bags-of-style-and-this-months-freebie.html. You need to scroll down the page a bit to find it x
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Lyndach wrote: »
    Oh no your making the spendy elves head my way!
    Although I nipped out the range today, it's only 2 mins up the road! and bought this http://www.craftie-charlie.co.uk/my-mind-s-eye-penny-lane-12-x12-specialty-glitter-cardstock-54.html for £12.99
    Gonna have to save up and go to the papermil shop, there's 2 in the next city or get OH to drive to Swindon, anyone know if the swindon one is big?
    rainmac wrote: »
    £12.99 that's a brilliant price :T :T :T If anyone finds it online for that price can you please let me know, I love with those papers x

I bought penny lane papers this morning :j ... from boundary mill for £12.99 I want the bella bella ones now!!

Rainmac I have only seen them for nearly £19 online, will keep looking though!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Skiergirl
    Options
    Thanks Savvy for a shiny new thread

And thanks to Choccy for the stamped images that came today :T

Wifey - glad you are feeling a bit better, your cards are lovely

wanna-b-rich - fab 40th birthday kit

Gemma - lovely distressed card

Melissa - have voted for you too, yours was definitely the best

Popkins - hope you improve soon x

Saucy - hope you feel better soon, well done on you sale

Ali - your cross stitch are so cute

Rainmac - gorgeous cards and box on your blog

Thrifty - glad you had a good weekend away

Sunrise - fab cards

Marg - hope you have/had a lovely holiday

Rusty - gorgeous MD cards and fab wordle card

Peppop - fab card

Choccy - lovely cards, I may have to copy you and enter the FF blog challenge :o

Padster - glad you had a fab holiday

Tomsmum - lovely MD card, hope you feel better soon

Hope I've not forgotten anyone, changing threads has confused me (easily done :rotfl:)
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    The Wife wanders in, has a look round, there's posh! All shiny & new.

Have I been asleep or was me head in a cake but I can't find funky fairys blogspot? Have they still got their online shop?
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    Flourgirl, that was a bargain at papermill as their refillable brown boxes of card were £5 last time i was there.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• wanna-b-rich
    Options
    Phew - have a day off and have pages to catch up on and a new thread!

Did anyone order the Tim Holtz TSV yesterday? I had it my basket 3 times (along with cropadile) and removed it each time, so was very good, but am kinda regretting it today. I was going to buy it using the cheque method (so that I could be sure it wasn't an impulse buy!), but am still not 100% how it works:o I'm assuming that if I order and say I'll pay by cheque, if I later decide that actually I don't want it, I can simply cancel the order? Can anyone confirm this as I've read of people doing it, but can't remember where!

The-Wife - those flowers sound great and after yesterdays QVC Tim Holtz extraganza I'm so going to have a go at doing something with script and sepia tones. You've clearly started a trend:D

Rusty - great cards. Love the male card it's brilliant. Thanks for the link.

Chocolate.orange - lovely cards. Really like the Mother's Day card.

Ali B - love your cross stitches, can't believe how quickyl you are making them.

Sunrise 27 - love those fairy cards and box

Tomsmum - sorry your down in the dumps, think it's this never ending Winter. Lovely card on your blog.

Lei - love those candles.

Thriftyscotslass - love the girls on tour card

Saucysecrets - can you send me a link to your blog, please.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, but it has been a marathon trying to catch up!
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o:o:o

What does "lignin free" mean? I've always thought it was some kind of typo :o:o
  • wanna-b-rich
    Options
    PepPop wrote: »
    :o:o:o

What does "lignin free" mean? I've always thought it was some kind of typo :o:o

It means it hasn't got lignin (a natural component found in wood) in which over time will breakdown and become acidic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure