Everest Home Improvements.

I feel that I need to warn people about getting involved with Everest Home Improvements.
I have two large office type A4 files of emails and letters from me to them.
I have had two solicitors and have now had to take the decision to instruct a Barrister to try to get it sorted.
EVERYTHING is factual and is backed by emails and letters.
It will not let me share the link but type

everest home improvements george pas

in to your search engine and find it there.

PLEASE think VERY CAREFULLY before getting involved with them.

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2019 at 3:17PM
    [/QUOTE]https://www.georgepas.co.uk/everest-home-improvements

Also:some background -

" Sergeant George Pas served as a Reservist with 6th Battalion The Rifles for over 14 years, completing tours of Afghanistan, Ukraine, America and Cyprus. An exemplary soldier, George rose through the ranks, earned a Lord Lieutenant’s Certificate of Commendation for Meritorious Voluntary Service and a Colonel in Chief’s commendation signed by HRH Prince Philip.

But in 2011, just before George was due to start his third tour of Afghanistan as a newly promoted Platoon Sergeant, disaster struck. He was involved in a serious road traffic accident whilst travelling on his motorbike and sustained catastrophic injuries, including breaking his back in eight places. George was paralysed from the chest down and now relies on a wheelchair for mobility.

Yet despite the debilitating nature of his injuries and the effect they have had on George’s day-to-day life, his thirst for a challenge has never waned. Determined to still do as many outdoor activities as possible.."
  • hollydays
    edited 30 August 2019 at 2:57PM
    " ....George had already raised part of the £14,000 required towards the price of the Overlander through completing a number of challenges, including a sky dive and an abseil, before Service charities, including The Soldiers’ Charity, stepped in to make up the difference.

Life before the Overlander meant that George would have to stay behind at home whilst his family went on outings, such was the extent of his limited mobility. Thanks to the help of The Soldiers’ Charity, George is now able to take part in outdoor adventures with his friends and family including his wife, Emma, and their three children: Dana, Carl and Piper.

“We’ll even go down to the beach, go to the forest…It just means that I can now do stuff that there’s no way I could have done before; stuff that the kids would want to do.”
  • hollydays
    edited 31 August 2019 at 4:16AM
    Omg George!, I''ve now sifted through the reviews .:eek::eek:
    Despite the obviously fake 5 star ones:(
    This is like Teletext mark 2( regulars will know what I mean)

There's something seriously wrong at this company....

Apparently a HIGH TURNOVER IN STAFF , at EVEREST ( online suggests they were paying staff late)
    ( see. https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Everest-Limited/reviews?start=80&sort=rating_desc)

" A salesperson told ....that communications had suffered after a rapid turnover of call centre staff and claimed the company’s reputation was being compromised by ' embarrassing'embarrassing” customer service.

A SENIOR MANAGER complained that the operations team had “consistently failed” to respond to his requests for updates on the...case and that he felt “desperation” over the “unjustifiable” customer experience."

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/apr/21/everest-home-improvements-contract-faults
    ( Poor, terrible complaint handling and as seen here, a pattern online of blaming the customer in the Press , by saying the customer refused to pay. ^^

Nasty little blaming response here from Everest when they were featured on BBC Watchdog
    ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1dnwn9yRZHpNqplkjxR1zcW/everest-not-always-the-best)
    Also noticed some spam from 'one post wonders' on mse praising Everest);)

"Accounts for 2016 show significant drops in revenues of over £10m and a big squeeze on pre-tax profits. "
  • hollydays
    edited 31 August 2019 at 12:20PM
    From the BBC Watchdog link:

"Barry Cross ( Chartered Surveyor) inspected the window and told us: "This window does not even comply with the most basic SAFETY requirements. The window opens fully and you can see the height of the sill, this is so DANGEROUS for children particularly who can open the window and fall straight out."+

"So, POOR workmanship, leaky roofs and UNSAFE fittings - all from the company that prides itself on being 'The Best'"
  • hollydays
    edited 31 August 2019 at 12:20PM
    Caught out in the Guardian article ,of blaming the customer yet again :

"When the Observer raised ..Ford’s ..issue, Everest ACCUSED HER of “steadfastly refusing to make payment” for the installation.

It later RETRACTED this, since Ford had signed a credit agreement which started as soon as installation was complete."

Oh dear oh dear.
    CEO Joanne Holland needs to sort this out.Thats the same Joanne Holland that allegedly never deals with the public.
    Take them to court , everyone.
  • hollydays
    edited 31 August 2019 at 12:18PM
    #Everest Home Improvements Limited is it in trouble, heading towards liquidation?

A number of questionable reviews on the disreputable "Trustpilot"..
    A number of reviewers have commented:

"Also, why are ONLY the 5* Trustpilot reviews shown on the Everest website"

"Am I alone in wondering why NONE of us who have submitted 1* and 2* reviews are shown with the ‘verified order’ note next to our entry?"

"I am also wondering why they respond to so few reviews on here these days (perhaps they are inundated with complaints?!!) and why they have
    *REMOVED their customer service Twitter account*"

" THIS COMPANY IN MY OPINION SEEMS DESPERATE FOR MONEY, IS THIS SOMETHING THEY ARE STRUGGLING WITH?"
  • hollydays
    edited 31 August 2019 at 12:14PM
    For google
    Everest Home improvements is owned by BETTER CAPITAL LLP

"Better Capital II is a wreckage: I wish I hadn't started my fund, says fallen private equity titan who has lost millions"

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-6247817/I-wish-hadnt-started-fund-says-fallen-private-equity-titan-lost-millions.html
  • hollydays
    edited 31 August 2019 at 12:18PM
    "...but a comparison with his unfortunate youth will do little to soften recent blows suffered by ...Jon.. Moulton and his financial backers, who include Phones4U founder John Caudwell.

LOSSES on Moulton’s second and last Better Capital fund – launched in 2012 – have been estimated at more than £140 million, thanks to the troubles of City Link, fashion brand Jaeger and double-glazing firm EVEREST"
  • hollydays
    Any update op?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business