Concert cancelled and I won't be refunded booking fee's - fair?

We were due to attend a concert in Liverpool in December.
Yesterday I received an email advising of a refund to my PayPal account and then later on, an email from the agent I booked through advising that the show was cancelled (no reason given).
The refund amount didn't match the amount I paid in total and when I enquired, I was told that booking fee's are non refundable. The T's & C's do state this, but even though this cancellation is beyond my control, and despite an email to the agent (ENTS24), they are refusing to budge and won't refund me the additional £14.00.
It may not seem a lot, but it's wholly unfair.

Is there any advice on how I should proceed, or is it even worth pursuing? I fully intended to attend the show (travelling 150 miles to do so, though thankfully hotel booked was flexible and had not yet bought train tickets).
Advice welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• JP._2
    JP._2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    I think you are unlikely to get anywhere with this. Uncork a bottle of wine, relax and try to get over it.

Although it seems unfair, the agent has protected itself against just such a cancellation, and you ticked the box saying that you agreed with the terms and conditions.

From the agent's point of view, it provided the service of booking the tickets and deserves to be paid for it (although £14 seems a lot for that). It is the artist or producer that is responsible for the cancellation, not the agent.

Having said that, I do think this is something that should be made clearer at the time of booking, rather than hidden in the terms and conditions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure