Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ollie88 wrote: »
    your message was replied to post number #1422 (sorry cant link to it but if you just search for #1422 you'll find the response (on page 72 not this page 73)

Thanks ollie88. Have just replied to the follow up post.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Hi
    Just wanted to say thanks to 'E.On Company Representive Malc' for clarifying the position re. E.ON customers and Smart Meters. I've been receiving texts and letters from E.On saying I agreed to have smart meters fitted (I'm on Fix Online v.16) and getting increasingly worried as I simply don't want them at this time (maybe I'll reconsider when all the current issues are ironed out). To date, I'd simply ignored them but thought I'd eventually have to give in. Now, having read up on this forum, I know I'm OK to continue ignoring them!
    I did consider contacting E.On in an attempt to stop their badgering me but other forum users' experiences suggest that's pointless and might only cause more aggro so it's back to the 'simply ignore them' strategy!

Hello Tigertone2000 and glad some of my previous posts about this topic have been useful.

I spoke about Fix Online v16 specifically in post #1373 on 30 August 19 above. To be clear, customers on this tariff have agreed only to be contacted and can turn down our offers to fit smart meters whilst staying on the tariff. The relevant T&C is section 11.1 which says the following.

With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter.

Earlier in the year we had products on sale that did require smart meters fitting as a condition of the tariff. This policy has changed for tariffs like our later Fix Online range and the above term replaced a previous one. Regrettably, the messaging hasn't caught up with the tariff term change. This is something I've raised here and chased again today.

Smart meters are optional. As you don't want them at this time, please ignore the messages you've received. You only need to contact us if you change your mind and decide to go for smart meters.

The issues with smart meters you mention have been improved now we're installing second generation SMETS2 meters. This roll-out is in full swing with around 90% of appointments resulting in SMETS2 meters being fitted. There are still some remaining issues that stop us fitting SMETS2 such as the strength of the mobile phone signal and certain local difficulties. We're working to fix these.

One of the issues sorted is customers with SMETS2 can now change supplier and their meters will stay smart.

Hope this is of interest Tigertone2000 and pleased earlier posts have helped.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Regrettably, the messaging hasn't caught up with the tariff term change.
    Either the people updating your smart meter comms are completely incompetent, or they are deliberately misleading people. Neither of which looks good for E.on.

Hello Kitchen Sink and many thanks for posting this link.

We've a regulatory obligation to offer smart meters to all our customers. As the quote you highlight makes clear, smart meters are optional and it's up to the customer to decide whether or not to agree to them. This is something I've posted about before.

We've also a duty to keep customers up to speed with significant developments. This is a dynamic and ever-changing project and, to meet our obligations, we need to let customers know about advances like the new second generation SMETS2 meters. A lot of customers chose not to have smart meters because of issues when changing supplier. SMETS2 meters have sorted these issues and it's important to let customers know.

I totally accept there are some customers, like Ms B in your link, who won't change their mind. This isn't the case for everyone and a common complaint is where customers feel we haven't kept them sufficiently informed about significant changes that could potentially be of interest to them.

Customers who definitely don't want smart meters regardless of any developments can either ignore all forms of contact or talk to our Outcome Management team. This team will agree a resolution that might be a temporary or long term opt-out. We still might need to be in touch at some point as per our obligations and when there are significant changes as above. It's just that the timings of this contact will be adjusted.

Thanks again for the link Kitchen Sink.

Malc
    I applied to switch to EON via QUIDCO 10 Oct (1 week) ago but had nothing at all yet.

Not even an initial email from EON?

Hello TREVORCOLMAN and many thanks for your interest in joining us.

Once we receive the application, we'll be in touch within 5 working days with a Welcome Pack. We're just about out of time now.

I'd give it until the beginning of next week. If we've still not been in touch by then please ask Quidco if there's a problem at their end.

Thanks again TREVORCOLMAN.

Malc
    David_e wrote: »
    Interesting! I rang the EON helpline this morning and was told that smart meters are mandatory on the tariff I have applied for.

Hello David_e and I'm sorry you were given the wrong information when you called.

I've just replied to another post from you about this at the following link.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76398983#post76398983

To be clear, smart meters aren't mandatory on the Fix Online Exclusive v11 tariff you've signed up to.

Thanks David_e.

Malc
    Evening all.

We're leaving in 3 minutes and will return to reply to the outstanding queries next week.

Sorry for the delay. If there's anything urgent please contact our Customer Services team through alternative channels like Live Chat, phone, Social Media or email. Advisors are available on these channels until 8pm tonight, between 8am and 6pm Saturday and from 8am to 8pm weekdays.

Thanks all.

Malc
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Hello TREVORCOLMAN and many thanks for your interest in joining us.

Once we receive the application, we'll be in touch within 5 working days with a Welcome Pack. We're just about out of time now.

I'd give it until the beginning of next week. If we've still not been in touch by then please ask Quidco if there's a problem at their end.

Thanks again TREVORCOLMAN.

Malc

Malc

Thanks for reply I have contacted QUIDCO and their reply is below:

Quote:
    If you haven't received an Email from the retailer this is out of our hands unfortunately, we don't have any direct links to get in contact.

So over to you please.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • maxcy
    maxcy Posts: 46 Forumite
    I applied to switch to EON via QUIDCO 10 Oct (1 week) ago but had nothing at all yet.

Not even an initial email from EON?
    Malc

Thanks for reply I have contacted QUIDCO and their reply is below:

Quote:
    If you haven't received an Email from the retailer this is out of our hands unfortunately, we don't have any direct links to get in contact.

So over to you please.

When you say you applied to Eon via quidco, how exactly did you do that?
    As I don't see Eon listed on Quidco? :huh:
    e.g. Did you perhaps apply via one of the third party comparison sites that are listed on quidco?
    If so, you'll need to contact that third party.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    maxcy wrote: »
    When you say you applied to Eon via quidco, how exactly did you do that?
    As I don't see Eon listed on Quidco? :huh:
    You can switch via Quidco, although they're just a white label of Energylinx.

I'll never use Quidco again because my cashback from National Tyres was a scam. It was declined last March, but when I reported missing cashback Quidco told me not to worry, always saying that it would all be sorted out. Months went by and nothing happened, but Quidco said payment would be made in August. Needless to say, it was still rejected.

Why am I not surprised a Quidco energy switch went wrong?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback