Do I have to accept alternative flight?

Options

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 October 2019 at 11:25PM
    Options
    You seem to be picking and choosing what T&Cs and/or regulations apply to you and which don’t to suit your opinion of what you want. ATOL doesn’t apply because your contract is with loveholidays and they are still trading. EU261 is completely irrelevant because that is a regulation applying to airlines and loveholidays are not an airline.

From the loveholidays T&C’s:
    In accordance with EU Regulations we are required to advise you of the operating carrier(s) (or, if the operating carrier(s) is not known, the likely carrier(s)) that will operate your flight(s) at the time of booking. Where we are only able to inform you of the likely carrier(s) at the time of booking, we will inform you of the identity of the operating carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of this. Any change to the operating carrier(s) after your booking has been confirmed will be notified to you as soon as possible. Any change in the identity of the airline, flight timings and/or aircraft type will not entitle you to cancel or change to other flight arrangements without paying charges, except where specified.

I think that probably covers it.
  • dialdfordave
    dialdfordave Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2019 at 11:53PM
    Options
    IvanDP wrote: »
    I can't see how 4 hours is going to cause any major inconvenience, apart from having to sit around an airpot waiting for your flight.

I love how everybody thinks that a 4 hour delay is nothing more than a "minor inconvenience".

There are plenty of repercussions, not least getting back to the UK at 23:30 (assuming no delays) and then still having to drive home when likely already tired (which is as bad as driving drunk, according to studies).

We specifically chose an earlier flight with Thomas Cook even though it was more expensive, so that we could get home at a reasonable hour and without being exhausted, yet we ended up with the later easyJet flight anyway.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im sure they would allow you to change the flights for earlier ones. You would of course have to pay the difference in cost
  • Socajam
    Socajam Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My head is spinning from the OP's antagonistic attitude
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Agree with the above, your attitude is shocking considering these replies are from people trying to help you out of their spare time.

I recommend other posters don’t bother and just let the thread drop to the bottom of the board - invest your time where it’s valued. I certainly won’t be helping.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It bloody does when the original arrangement was broken due to the failure of the airline! This is exactly the kind of scenario that ATOL exists for!

The only question is rather they had to give us the option of a refund.

You are starting to look like a t1t now.

Please google what ATOL is.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Now he’s bleating on another thread about the responses he’s received...:rotfl:

As stated in the other thread, the small stick near the steering wheel of your car will resolve the darkness issue while driving, and driving after an evening flight is hardly a Herculean task.
    I’m about to drive 2 hours after landing at 1am from a 10 hour flight... suck it up buttercup :)
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with the OP - he's asked a question and received the 3rd degree by the opionionati.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I will call LoveHolidays tomorrow and see what they say.
    Good idea. :T
  • dialdfordave
    Options
    Now he’s bleating on another thread about the responses he’s received...:rotfl:

As stated in the other thread, the small stick near the steering wheel of your car will resolve the darkness issue while driving, and driving after an evening flight is hardly a Herculean task.
    I’m about to drive 2 hours after landing at 1am from a 10 hour flight... suck it up buttercup :)

Well you obviously don't think that any consideration should be given to my own, my passengers, or other road users safety! And people think my attitude is shocking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure