Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shambles321
    • By Shambles321 4th Jan 18, 3:44 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Shambles321
    PC World - PPI Claim?
    • 4th Jan 18, 3:44 PM
    PC World - PPI Claim? 4th Jan 18 at 3:44 PM
    Hi All,
    I just wanted to see if I could get some advice from you.
    I contacted HFC Bank to find out if I had paid any PPI on a bank loan that I took out with them.
    They told me that I hadn't paid PPI on the loan, however I had paid PPI on one of my credit agreements with PC World.
    I had purchased a laptop, and paid it off in time and had no idea about the PPI? He said that I had, already had it refunded when I settled the balance?
    My question is, how can I have it refunded, when I didn't even know that I had it in the first place, and when I phoned up to settle the balance, I wasn't told anything about this?
    Please could you advice me, if it if worse putting in a claim for mis-sold PPI as I don't even know what I paid in and what I got back? Lol
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 92,955 Posts
    • 60,333 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    My question is, how can I have it refunded, when I didn't even know that I had it in the first place, and when I phoned up to settle the balance, I wasn't told anything about this?
    If you paid it off early, they refund the premium. Typically relatively pro-rata. The refund is handled within the settlement figure. If you paid it off before the actual repayments kicked in, then it would either have not been levied or contra'd off
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,499Posts Today

8,537Users online

Martin's Twitter