Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stellastevens2008
    • By Stellastevens2008 15th Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Stellastevens2008
    CPP Card protection - am I too late?!
    • 15th Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    CPP Card protection - am I too late?! 15th Dec 17 at 9:34 PM
    Hi there

I'm new! Mainly because I have this query; my husband took out a credit card with NatWest in 2006. Last year, we recieved a renewal letter from CPP - I put it on the side ready to deal with and it just got filed away in 'stuff' and therefore forgotten about. I've just found it and remember I saw a charge on our statement for £35 earlier this year. I googled the company and saw all this about claiming charges back. My husband has always been convinced he was missold card protection.

What do we do next? Do we ring the bank and ask them to refund us the monies or does it have to be a bit more complicated?

TIA!

Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    • 20,413 Posts
    • 11,311 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 15th Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    • 15th Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    You are years too late I'm afraid.
    • granthar
    • By granthar 10th Jan 18, 2:00 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    granthar
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:00 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:00 PM
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 20,413 Posts
    • 11,311 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    That article was archived (as out of date) in October 2016. You should no longer link to it, as it is now irrelevant.
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 11th Jan 18, 3:43 AM
    • 1,662 Posts
    • 789 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:43 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:43 AM
    Yes and no. Irrelevant for the OP as the CPP scheme has ended for post-2005 policies.

But, of course, people still have the ability to reclaim for pre-2005 policies.

Indeed, there appears to have been a flurry of claims re HSBC's CardGuard of late and they are refunding re this unnecessary fraud cover. Presumably from a cohort of people who were students in the late 1990s and unearthed it (along with their store card PPI paperwork from Burtons etc) in their childhood bedrooms over Christmas.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

995Posts Today

8,364Users online

Martin's Twitter