Equitable Life with profits pension / takeover.

Comments

• Joey_Soap wrote: »
    I'm really sorry, I am about 9000 miles from my documents and not planning on being home until middle of April-ish. We might know more by then. Sorry about that.

JS.
    Thanks for letting me know Joey.

Maybe someone else on this forum will be able to help?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just a warning if you are thinking about taking a lump sum withdrawal.

I rang them over a week ago for the relevant paperwork to complete and was told up to 10 days to receive it. I am yet to receive it.

My husband rang today and was told 20 days.

Apparently they have been inundated with requests.
  • To those who have with-profits AVCs with the Equitable, via their employers’ pension schemes:

Going back to summer 2018, I'm trying to find out when people first heard from their pension trustees/administrators about the proposed takeover of the Equitable.

The trustees/administrators would probably have got a letter from the Equitable dated “July 2018”, and maybe they passed that on to you as pension scheme member?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

eltacano
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    eltacano wrote: »
    To those who have with-profits AVCs with the Equitable, via their employers’ pension schemes:

Going back to summer 2018, I'm trying to find out when people first heard from their pension trustees/administrators about the proposed takeover of the Equitable.

The trustees/administrators would probably have got a letter from the Equitable dated “July 2018”, and maybe they passed that on to you as pension scheme member?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

eltacano

I confirm I have received no information whatsoever at any time from the NHS Trustee about this EqL takeover.
  • Ok, so I've been told over the phone how much my pension is now worth after the uplift. At the same time (around three weeks ago) I was also told that I would be sent details of the uplift calculation and the transfer pack that I requested. They are yet to arrive. I believe that I can initiate a transfer from the HL end alone as they will contact Utmost. Question is, how do I know what my pension value is now, over three weeks after the uplift, and my policy number (is it the same as Equitable)?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    Ok, so I've been told over the phone how much my pension is now worth after the uplift. At the same time (around three weeks ago) I was also told that I would be sent details of the uplift calculation and the transfer pack that I requested. They are yet to arrive. I believe that I can initiate a transfer from the HL end alone as they will contact Utmost. Question is, how do I know what my pension value is now, over three weeks after the uplift, and my policy number (is it the same as Equitable)?

It would appear they have hugely underestimated how many would take the money and run!
  • Ok, so I've been told over the phone how much my pension is now worth after the uplift. At the same time (around three weeks ago) I was also told that I would be sent details of the uplift calculation and the transfer pack that I requested. They are yet to arrive. I believe that I can initiate a transfer from the HL end alone as they will contact Utmost. Question is, how do I know what my pension value is now, over three weeks after the uplift, and my policy number (is it the same as Equitable)?

Yes, policy number is the same. You don’t need to know the exact value.
  • keiran wrote: »
    I confirm I have received no information whatsoever at any time from the NHS Trustee about this EqL takeover.
    Thanks Keiran. Seems par for the course for trustees.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    It would appear they have hugely underestimated how many would take the money and run!
    It's not just the changeover from Equitable to Utmost driving any rush to switch away from Utmost: - for the last 18 months ever since the takeover was first announced, the flow of Equitable's members taking out their funds will have dropped sharply. So it's inevitable that a large number of members who've been waiting to draw their pension will be starting that delayed process this month - my partner is one of them!
  • cronshd
    cronshd Posts: 71 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2020 at 1:13PM
    Further to my post #329, on Saturday I received a letter from Utmost, which contained the following:

1. Covering letter
    2. Pension wise leaflet
    3. Policy Factsheet
    4. Risk warning statement (gravity and such)
    5. Money Advice service ('time to choose')
    6. Options form (45H300)
    7. Prepaid envelope (for return of aforementioned Options).

Comments
    - The policy factsheet states the fund value (in my case it has increased by 0.0099% since the at phone call 2 weeks ago, sitting in the cash fund).

- The options form is headed 'For more information tick one or more of the options below'. So it is the start point to execute your preferred option.

The options are:
    a. Keep savings invested with utmost
    b. Use your savings to buy an income drawdown policy
    c. Use your saving to buy an annuity with another provider
    d. Take your savings as cash
    e. Transfer your savings to another provider
    f. A consent option (if you go for annuity with another provider) to share your data with Canada Life.

So you tick your selection and return the form in the prepaid envelope, and call with any questions on 0330-159-1530.

That's more or less it I think. Good luck everyone.

========

Update - After talking to utmost this morning, for a transfer, the easiest way to expedite the process is to print the transfer forms from their web site and send those in.

PS - They are not doing any drawdown until March.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback