alleged sleeping on post

Options

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    shiwen55 wrote: »
    True, the disiplinary hearing was meant to be next week Friday, has been postponed, because I've taken time off sick.

Union rep said they must produce CCTV images, well, that's something to consider. First they said sleeping and now they say, nodding off.

No difference between the two, the outcome is still you are not aware of what is happening around you, and/or not capable of performing that security role properly.

Your employer will not wish to risk losing their contract with the company whose premises you have been working at, so at the very least I would be expecting them to look to replace you in that particular location.

What does your C of E say regarding workplace placement, in others words, how much freedom do your employer's have to simply move you to another location elsewhere?
  • shiwen55
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    No difference between the two, the outcome is still you are not aware of what is happening around you, and/or not capable of performing that security role properly.

Your employer will not wish to risk losing their contract with the company whose premises you have been working at, so at the very least I would be expecting them to look to replace you in that particular location.

What does your C of E say regarding workplace placement, in others words, how much freedom do your employer's have to simply move you to another location elsewhere?

I don't know. I'm under huge pressure and this can and will have serious impact on my health, knowing my triggers.

I'm going to have to speak to my GP. He might advise me to take time off sick, I don't know how long honestly.

My health is deterioting again.

Thanks
  • Blatchford
    Options
    I was on the phone with my union rep this morning. He said if they client does not want me on site, then they must do that in writing and the company must present this letter if requested.
    I am sorry but that is complete bull. Either you have misunderstood or they don't know what they are doing. There is no legal requirement for the client to even provide a letter to that effect, never mind for the security company to give you a copy of it. The client simply picks up the phone and says "Don't send Shiwen55 here any more, we won't have them" and that is the end of the matter. Your employer is not, under any circumstances, going to put you before a paying client. The client owes you nothing, not even an explanation. Certainly not a letter.
  • shiwen55
    Options
    Blatchford wrote: »
    I am sorry but that is complete bull. Either you have misunderstood or they don't know what they are doing. There is no legal requirement for the client to even provide a letter to that effect, never mind for the security company to give you a copy of it. The client simply picks up the phone and says "Don't send Shiwen55 here any more, we won't have them" and that is the end of the matter. Your employer is not, under any circumstances, going to put you before a paying client. The client owes you nothing, not even an explanation. Certainly not a letter.

I swear that's what he said !! I'm with GMB so he's going to be my rep. Unless I don't know his plan.
  • Blatchford
    Options
    I swear that's what he said !! I'm with GMB so he's going to be my rep. Unless I don't know his plan.
    Regrettably, I hope his plan is better than his advice.
  • shiwen55
    Options
    Blatchford wrote: »
    Regrettably, I hope his plan is better than his advice.

Handed in three months sick note and the company has taken me off suspension. A bit relieved although they could put me back on.

I think Union rep wants to play his game, that's my perception.

For the moment suspension is called off. I've taken sick leave. Let's hope for better.

Thank you
  • polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well suspension should be on full wage and sick leave will be under whatever is in your policy so could be Statutory Sick Pay.

It's a delaying tactic and your employer will know that! Obviously, they could go down a capability process for sickness as well. Personally I'd be looking for another job
  • shiwen55
    Options
    polgara wrote: »
    Well suspension should be on full wage and sick leave will be under whatever is in your policy so could be Statutory Sick Pay.

It's a delaying tactic and your employer will know that! Obviously, they could go down a capability process for sickness as well. Personally I'd be looking for another job

I'm sorry I don't buy that !! Before jumping into conclusion, read previous posts and I bet you're not a lawyer neither.

Most comments don't take into consideration the law and almost every one is giving their personal opinion, which mostly has no base or based on facts, just what they think might be right or what they heard from a friend of friend. Apart from few who really helped and shaped the idea.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You do realise your employer may now go to disciplinary and the hearing can be held in absentia.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lol not a lawyer but spent three years on Employment Law as part of my Masters and more than 10 years in HR practice so I think I know a bit more than you.

Admit that you may have been struggling to stay awake, apologise and promise to not to come to work if you are not able to perform...and you might keep your job.

Play games and take the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport