MSE 'We test eBay vs Facebook' blog discussion

2»

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    pammyjayne wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to Facebook - never really wanted to use it but recently been interested in selling via market place etc. Ive tried twice and subsequently had my account disabled, I'm about to try again with a new email address - any tips?
    Im confused regarding why this happened and despite many attempts to make contact via various fb forms, I've had nothing back to help resolve what i may have done wrong.
    I opened a private account and then a business page and next i joined as many local selling groups as i could. Next thing i new, account disabled!????

Business accounts are not usually accepted on local FB pages.

My local one allows small local businesses to advertise, but only one post per day - no bumping

There are also quite a few rules about what you can sell laid down by facebook and then each group has its own rules

My local one for example insists that each item has a selling price, none of this PM me, best offer scenarios

Its a good idea to read the rules of the selling pages as well as FBs
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Business accounts are not usually accepted on local FB pages.

My local one allows small local businesses to advertise, but only one post per day - no bumping

There are also quite a few rules about what you can sell laid down by facebook and then each group has its own rules

My local one for example insists that each item has a selling price, none of this PM me, best offer scenarios

Its a good idea to read the rules of the selling pages as well as FBs

As you say each site is different, I belong to many that are happy for business sellers to use the site as much as a private seller.

However, I find virtually all my sales are currently via marketplace and not the local selling sites, and around a third of my items are paid by PayPal and posted.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure