IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP rail station parking - F3 PCN

Options

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That is not a POPLA appeal. That is the template to use for your initial appeal to the parking company. Do not send that to POPLA. Re read post 3 of the stickies section. You have already been told what to look for - by Wammo: "If you are doing a POPLA appeal chuck the kitchen sink at it. Not relevant land for POFA is a good starting point.

After that challenge everything form landowner authority to the size of their signs.

It's up to them to prove their case so make them prove their signs are big enough. Look around for a few examples. Hint post 3 of the Newbies thread might just have links to winning appeals.

Please follow his advice.

The OP has two outstanding PCNs. One needs an initial appeal, and the other needs a PoPLA appeal. You are right that the one above musn't go to PoPLA, but it is the correct one for "the other" PCN that has not yet been appealed.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it meant to be a POPLA appeal? I didn't read it as that stage!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tempsc
    tempsc Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    The OP has two outstanding PCNs. One needs an initial appeal, and the other needs a PoPLA appeal. You are right that the one above musn't go to PoPLA, but it is the correct one for "the other" PCN that has not yet been appealed.

Hi. Thanks for all the advice there from everyone. 'As keeper' deleted at sign off but address remains.

Fruitcake is correct. This is for the initial appeal to NCP for the 2nd PCN. I have already made an initial appeal to NCP before coming to his board. They (NCP) have refused it and so will go POPLA with the 1st. I had parked for three days but found two separate PCN's on my windscreen on my return.

Thanks again to all. Invaluable advice which is much appreciated.
  • tempsc
    Options
    Hi.

I'm just about to post my 1st appeal with NCP, using the template per above.

On the NCP page, there is an opportunity to provide 'additional supporting information'.

Can I safely just ignore this?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tempsc wrote: »
    On the NCP page, there is an opportunity to provide 'additional supporting information'.

Can I safely just ignore this?
    Yes you can.
  • tempsc
    Options
    Thank you Keith.
  • tempsc
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Thanks for all the previous advice. So. Here's an update...

PCN *1. (Non payment of car parking fees). So. this is still going through a POPLA appeal. It has been marked as pending since 17th July but on re-checking once again, it remains as pending.

PCN *2. (Not parked in bay markings). On following all the advice, I sent the template letter and some time later heard from NCP that they were not pursuing it and the matter was closed.

PCN *3. (Not parked in bay markings). So. I was awaiting the outcome of the PCN *2 as PCN *3 was issued on the 2nd of a two day parking period. Stupidly I didn't use the same template letter as I was awaiting the outcome of the 1st attempt for PCN *2. Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd with a demand of 135.00Pds. It also includes a reference to just the advice and info on this site and makes the suggestion that I visit https://www.supremecourt.co.uk/uksc-2015-0116.html. I assume that this is just scare tactic but would, as always, very much value yr advice on the current situation due to me not appealing. Is it worth appealing now with the same template letter and referencing the fact that the first PCN was cancelled?

Thanks as always.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As per the advice in the NEWBIE sticky, you ignore debt collectors and their letters.
    With regard to appealing, are you still in time to appeal? The deadline should show on the PCN.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it worth appealing now with the same template letter and referencing the fact that the first PCN was cancelled?

Never hurts to send a late appeal, albeit sending it to DRP just gets a reply saying you are too late to appeal and then a load of guff headed 'MY FINDINGS' (Google DRP my findings and read ahead, see it for yourself!).

The advice is in fact to ignore DRP.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tempsc
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    With regard to appealing, are you still in time to appeal? The deadline should show on the PCN.

I've taken a look at the PCN. Only advises reduced fine if paying within 28 days and on the reverse, that should I appeal, they will respond within 35 days. Nothing about time limit for making an appeal though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure