IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone Court Claim - Visitors Bay - Help

Comments

• TRNC
    TRNC Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Currently working on finishing my WS so will upload soon. I also just received PCM (UK) WS and package which seems fairly comprehensive, is it worth uploading here to see if their are any holes?
  • !!!!!!!! is it comprehensive

Sorry, but it really wont be
    It will be template GARBAGE that is massively long, full of errors / new statements of case / assumptions, "written" by someone who has never even seen the site in question.

Yes of ocurse upload it, but you really can do the work yourself - what assumptions do they make that conveniently help THEM but they fail to actually prove? For example if they dont know who drove, they often say "the D drove into..." or "the D failed to purchase..." as if the defendant was the driver, and they hope you dont point out theyre just making !!!! up. Do they include a copy of the site contract? Is it for the right site? Valid on the date in quesiton? Actually signed by someone from the company in question? Are they ACTRUALLY the landholder or just some randomcompany with no obvious standing?> So redacted you cannot understand anything? etc.

So easy to do, done on every thread if you need to go find more examples.
  • TRNC
    edited 25 September 2018 at 12:08PM
    Thank you for your reply. I have been going through more thoroughly since my posts and yes I can find a few things to break apart. Can I do this in my witness statement?

They have a contract but it is signed by the property manager who are most likely not the landowner. It was not clear what position the person was who signed it by after some googling I can see that it is a 'Senior Property Manager'.

Should I hide any of the particulars if I upload it?

EDIT: 'Contract' here: http://tinypic.com/r/1zv73h2/9
  • TRNC
    1. I am xxxxx, of xxxx, the Defendant in this matter. I will say as follows:

2. On 28th August 2017, I was visiting a friend who is a resident at xxxxxx. I parked my vehicle registration no. xxxxxx in the car park.

3. I parked the vehicle with permission from a resident at approximately 23:00pm. The resident had run out of visitor permits as so was not able to provide one for parking the vehicle, however, they were in the process of ordering some. I left the premises the following morning at approximately 10:00am.

4. The process for ordering new visitor permits (residents are initially limited to only 40) is long winded and also costly and there is no alternative offered during the time of residents running out of permits and ordering new ones.

5. I arrived at the car park in the hours of darkness and the signs were difficult to read as they are not lit. The signs were difficult to read in this situation and it did not help that the print was small.

6. The signs at xxx do not conform to the requirements of schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practise, as follows:

a. There are no entrance signs at Liberty Rise as requested in Part E Schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practise (see Exhibit A).
    b. The signs are not all illuminated as requested in Part E Schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practise (Exhibit B).
    c. PCM (UK) Limited have no identified themselves as ‘the creditor’ (Part E Schedule 1 of the IPC Code of Practise (Exhibit B).

7. The terms of the sign are also unfair and a disguised penalty. As stated in the Unfair Terms I Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999:

a. ''5.(1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.
    b. (2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.''

8. Since receiving the penalty charge notice The Claimant has not supplied further and better particulars, even though I have requested these on multiple occasions.

9. The Gladstone Solicitors Limited’s FAQ’s which was sent to me in my reply for further and better particulars did not fulfil any of my requests and was a shameful attempt to do so. They in no way answered any queries I had and this should have been obvious to The Claimant.

10. The Claimant has not notified me whether I am being pursued as the driver or the keeper of the vehicle.

11. I feel that I have not been made fully aware of what I need to defend. I am concerned that the vague automatically generated claims are disproportionate to the time the court needs to spend on such matters and believe the court should use its management powers under CPR 3.3 so as to remove the burden of such template time-consuming claims from the court systems.

12. The Claimant has sent threatening and misleading demands which stated that further debt recovery action and costs would be taken to recover what is owed by passing the debt to a recovery agent. These letters suggested to me that a County Court Judgement would apply if matters were taken to court and that this could affect my ability to obtain credit, pressuring me into paying something I believe is unjust.

13. The Court is invited to dismiss the claim and to award my costs of dealing with this claim and attendance at the hearing, such as is allowable pursuant to CPR 27.14.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    UTCCC was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act in 2015.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Do you understand the purpose of a WS? It is to recite facts
    7 is not a fact but an argument that I presume is in your defence already.
    8 should be rephrased to say you have asked for better explanation of how the sums supposedly became due bt the claimant has refused to supply this information - as theyre not required to serve Further... unbless a court orders them to, but they ARE supposed to keep communicating. SO you need to evidence your requests for this - letter? emai;l? Something?

5) any evidnece of this you wish to adduce? Photos taken at night without flash, for example? This is your ONE CHANCE to get evidence in...

10 is entirely useless, as you are giving away who drove in your WS. So either remove thius section or, I dont know, not tell them who drove?

Have a section at the bottom called "response to claimants bundle" or similar. Position of person is irrleevant, just state that a property magaement company is not, by definition, the landholder and there is therefore no proof the claimant has standing.
  • TRNC
    Thank you for your reply. I have removed section 7 and 10 and provided evidence for section 5. I have also added/edited the following as suggested:

7 (previously 8). I have asked the claimant for a better explanation of how the sums supposedly became due (Exhibit D), however, The Claimant has refused to supply this information.

Response to Claimants Bundle
    12. The ‘Landowner Authority Letter’ provided in The Claimants bundle is signed by a property management company, which is not, by definition, the landowner and therefore is no proof The Claimant has standing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 September 2018 at 4:34PM
    I have been going through more thoroughly since my posts and yes I can find a few things to break apart. Can I do this in my witness statement?
    Yes, but are you still in time to deliver your WS and evidence file to court - in a ring binder, all pages numbered, with a contents page and all evidence, all photos of signs unreadable in the dark, the tenancy agreement, etc?

And the same stuff emailed to the Claimant (and print and take to court with you on the hearing day, proof of sending, as they lie about not receiving evidence and WS when these scammer firms are struggling at a hearing).

If they've sent theirs already, are you late filing & serving yours?

The landowner contract is signed by a non landholder, the Managing Agent, and has no definitions, restrictions, details of contraventions, whether PCM can even enforce a permit scheme, start date, end date, location, site map, site boundaries, nothing that I could see.

I only saw one page, is that all they produced?

It's not a contract, it's a vague letter that tells a Court nothing about the definitions of this alleged service. It could even have expired, or never actually started at all!

Was your friend living there before PCM rocked up? Even if they were not, you need to produce their tenancy agreement in evidence. I'm sure we've already discussed this earlier in your thread, and you need to go to town on evidencing how ludicrous the 'you can have 40 visitors per year' regime is, not just ludicrous, but a 'private nuisance' to the resident and their visitors and a derogation from grant.

The situation is abysmal. You need to evidence the tenant's rights to park that they enjoyed before the ''40 permits'' restriction strangled his/her peaceful enjoyment of the property.

Can the tenant provide a Witness Statement too, saying how this is a private nuisance and derogation from grant and that his/her right to have visitors has been restricted and charges introduced that make residents'lives an absolute misery?

Can the tenant also attend the hearing with you to speak about their own WS & tenancy?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TRNC
    I still have three days to deliver my files to court so that shouldn't be an issue.

That is the only contract they have included in their bundle. There is also a map of where there are signs (some locations are false), examples of the sites up and pictures of some of the locations of signs at the site.

PCM have been there since he has lived. We have not been able to get hold of the full tenancy agreement even after trying and emailing the landlord. They can provide a witness statement but cannot attend the court day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That is the only contract they have included in their bundle. There is also a map of where there are signs (some locations are false), examples of the sites up and pictures of some of the locations of signs at the site.
    You need to attack all of the above in your WS & evidence to prove otherwise.
    They can provide a witness statement but cannot attend the court day.
    OK, a WS and the partial tenancy agreement and the email or letter that tells then they can only have 40 visitor permits would be good evidence, as it gives something tangible from the tenant even if the rest is 'hearsay' (because a WS from someone who doesn't turn up, can be taken with more of a pinch of salt).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure