taking responsibilty to get me where I want to be

Options

Comments

• efes_shareholder
    Options
    Now its time to put the big girl pants on , dust myself down , move on and have some me time .....................and never to accept less than I deserve

Every day is a school day
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    So today i'm riding the waves and embracing the mixed emotions that come when you part company - however much I thought I had prepared myself its still a bit upsetting , especially if you re count each time you realise you have been hoodwinked and lied too
    My F***it Bucket has reached capacity as I continue to plough these thoughts in to it

In money news , I am living on what I bought home from the holiday spends and I confess my only spends to far are for Chardonnay at £6.00 a bottle
    This is stopping today !!!

The credit card statement is in this morning and its encouraging to see that the interest payable each month is reducing along with the debt - It will be a slow journey I feel however the card has not been used since December and £1500 has been paid off since that point

15 days until payday !
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great that the holiday went ok in spite of your ex and presumably your sister. Well done on credit card reduction.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    thank you , it was better then expected however the sisters antics did put a spin on it and I really hope she thinks twice before pulling a stunt like that again - My mum is really not in the health to cope with filling the shoes of mum to three kids ( albeit two olders ) and didn't manage particulary well which had she stopped to think of anyone but herself she would have known - oh well you can't change people however frustrating that is

In money matters , everything is paid this month including some larger DD's then usual as I changed all of the dates to proceed straight from payday

I have 80 euro in my purse left from my holiday however I am going to visit my dad who lives overseas shortly so rather then convert them back to £'s I will hold on to them and use them for that visit
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Morning to anyone readying

Its not been a great weekend - I've drunk too much and feel like I am struggling emotionally and mentally
    It is difficult to remain focused when you feel dissapointed and despondant about others

Its not made any easier that my mum appears to have sunk in to another bout of depression and is doing very little other then take herself off to sleep and neuturing her farm on farmville

Its hard to be the support to her when I am fed up myself !!

Previously when I have one of these bouts , I'd be looking at something to give myself something to look forward however I have resisted so I guess I can pat myself out of the back for that one

I just have to ride through this - there is no rainbow without a bit of rain , right ?
  • efes_shareholder
    efes_shareholder Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 June 2018 at 10:53AM
    Options
    The Ex is still loitering and trying to be my "friend" I am not sure of his motive other an attempt to stop me moving on or that I may forget he is an idiot and decide to forgive and forget AGAIN ( its a tactic that has worked before )

There is another weekend event coming up at the end of the month which is a similar thing to the holiday albeit only 3 uk days - again it is something we were booked to attend together and have lots of mutual friends there.
    He is pressing me to still attend and said we were able to "adult" on our holiday then I should still go and enjoy myself , this has been paid for by him and is inclusive of food so my attendance is technically "Free"

I am not sure I can do it all again although there will be friends of mine there ( singles girls not couples which make it easier ) and it will be much easier for me to loose myself

I do not think I will make a choice on that until the last minute - It just feels as though as now the situation is becoming known other people may feel uncomfortable that we are sharing but not "together" - inevitably we move in the same circles and our paths will cross in the future so maybe we should get used to be able to be in the same company without it affecting other people.
    on the plus once this is done I am off visiting relatives for a few days so I do not have to entertain any contact and there is no reason for him to make any.

The only thing I appear to be dealing with well right now are my finances !!
    Ok , I'm tettering on the brink of my overdraft but I appear to be managing my fuel consumption well , the same can't be said for the attempts not to smoke which did sadly fall apart with the goings on before my holiday , however once the tax free's are gone , the vape will be reinstated and I only need to look back on the activity on this months account to see the difference this makes to my finances - its never to late to try again

I have a trip to the local sports centre this evening for aqua aerobics , its something i have always enjoyed but I do get out the habit of going - I shall also enjoy a sauna and jacuzzi afterwards

Rather embarrassingly part of the reason that I have decided to go is the fact I can enjoy the showers after , Sadly the state of my mums bathroom leaves a lot to be desired ( a big part i hung in with the ex was so I could use the facilities !! ) and I really try to avoid using it where at all possible
    I don't know if its her depression , laziness or just how it is but she really doesnt see the problem and to be honest I often wonder if I am adopted as we do not have the same care for our homes. This is something that gets me down considering I now share hers again.
    I have considered using my savings to have a complete overhaul and install a new suite which would benefit me , however it would be ruined in no time
    A new kitchen was put in only a few months ago and it is only me who ever cleans it !!

I am not quite sure how I am going to get round this one but I have been turning up at my best friends with a wash bag after work too !!
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    £11.40 for an aqua aerobics and sauna after ! Robbery !!

My friend has a membership for £40 a month which includes all classes and although effectively you only need to go once a week for it to pay itself I am not sure if I will follow suit
    I start work very early so going to the gym before work always seems like it will start my day in a rush and its all i can do to find the energy after work , i am always so drained - typically once the winter comes I will not want to drag myself out the house in the dark cold nights so I think I will tentatively gauge my level of attendance before I commit to anything as I do not want to end up with some kind of contractual tie and not actually using the facilities
    I spent the whole class looking at the clock hoping it would soon be over and the sauna and jacuzzi after was my treat to myself !!!!

Slightly concerning I have had a recall from the doctors for a blood test I had following my holiday - If you recall I had a swelling in my throat and it just didn't feel right. Although the swelling subsided they did suggest I followed it up when I got home.

They won't tell me over the phone , only that one of the results from full blood count was borderline , the receptionist said it was non urgent so I won't fret over it as its most likely that I am bordering anaemic as I have been pretty much all of my adult life

As expected I am in to the overdraft - not massively and considering I used the account for my holiday spends ( I do have these in my savings pot should I need too use them ) I'm not too upset about this - I am going to see where we are at the end of the month and just monitor it as once it exceeds a certain amount there is a daily charge

I have a summer festival on saturday and that is my only expense , you cant take alcohol on site as it is licenced however you can take picnics and soft drinks , its amazing how many places you can conceal your vodka if you really give it some thought !!
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    £7.20 for a 12 minute sunbed yesterday - Now i have a bronzed body I intend to keep it , I do hope our sunny days return soon so that I can do this naturally !

Borrowed a camping chair for the festival at the weekend from a friend , I was going to buy one and then realised that this was a silly purchase and that someone somewhere must have one I can loan for a day !
    Whilst I was there , I borrowed the shower ! and will do so again when I see my DD tonight

Its ridiculous that I have to do that but I can't see an alternative ..................Gonna have to put some thought in to that one
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    So , I've used the credit card !

I hated taking it out and using it however I am visiting relatives in a couple of weeks and need to hire a car , Kindly they have offered to reimburse me although this did take some acceptance as I am a proud person and find it embarrassing to accept gifts

the car needs to be hired in my name and also needs me to put my credit card against for insurance purposes ( Fortunately now days I have the amount available)

It was only a deposit required at this stage , I thought it best to use the credit card in this instance as it offers additional protection and I have never hired a car before ( or driven abroad ! )

The cost is to be reimbursed so as soon as I have it then I will pay it straight off the card

I've also transferred some savings in to my current account which was looking very sorry for itself following my holiday spends.
    I was hoping to get away with not doing this however its still another week until pay day and I do not want any bank charges
    It would also be nice to start pay day on a level playing field , I intend to put at least some of the transferred back in to my account once I have been paid.

Juggling without using the O/D is something I am still becoming climatised too , I have lived in my overdraft for 6 years ! It's easy to forget that this is also a debt.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Just reading through and seems like a nightmare with the ex... I too am a fan of my spends being on wine when life is tough :rotfl:

Have you decided what you are doing about the weekend at the end of the month?

Not bad using the CC as it is being repaid :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback