PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last night I made a delish spinach dhal which we had with onion seed rice and parathas.

Tonight will be a roasted garlic and butternut squash soup, with homemade malted bread. Yum!
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yesterday we had cod in spiced tomato sauce, spinach with onions and pea pilau all from a madhur jaffrey book, was very simple and tasty.
    tonight we have leftover liver, bacon and onion casserole with broc and cauli which I think i'll make giant yorkshires to serve it all in.
    am also going to make some sort of soup for lunches for a few days, am thinking chickpea and tomato but the chances are the ingredients will change.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Kangaroo sausage & fried egg(or sarnie) for lunch, back to soup tomorrow, one of the Gusto meals (they come enough for two so I just make enough for 1) this is Speedy Minted Lamb & F(eta Bulgar, already cooked & halved the meaty ragu so just the bulgar to do. Have never had feta or bulgar so thats new experience, it includes some ras al hanout (Moroccan spice mix)
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Meat Free Monday for us - I've made a mushroom stroganoff which we will have with tagliatelle. Cheesecake with strawberries for pud.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The food torture continues...

F65_CF037-2_B5_D-4_AAB-947_F-_FB984_F104733.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had hm bbq pulled beef with salad and flat bread.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Griddled lamb steaks, stir fried leeks & cabbage and root veg mash
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    IM your food tour looks amazing.

Have just had sweet chilli veggie stir fry after yoga...because my body is a temple....followed by two chocolates from the xmas gift stash...because I don't want to give my body unrealistic expectations :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Islandmaid - it looks like you're having a great time.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tonight for others, and when i'm home from meeting a pal for drinks, i'm going to bung a beef and veg stew in the slowy. cos I won't be here when people want to eat.
    I thought i'd make dumplings and leave them in the kitchen (which is cool) under a damp teatowel for them to bung in when home from work.
    would this work with dumplings or would they be like stones? or worse disintergrate!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback