Wonga

Comments

• and where did I say Wonga doubled a DD? Nowhere. The DDs are for usual monthly bills due Monday. Wonga took card payment for double the amount due. Bank not at fault. i will say Wongas customer service rep was very polite and helpful despite fact he must have been having abuse all day long
  • I did not say Wonga asked for double DD payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DD referred to usual monthky bills.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Jassers wrote: »
    I am surprised more has not been made of this !!!! up. There are thousands awaiting their money back according to the customer service department. I have yet to get my money back and it is nothing to do with my bank as Wonga asked for too much money out of my account.I have been told my mney is being repaid by close of play ie 10pm tonight. I hope so.................

Then make it your banks problem by complaining to them and telling them that double the AUTHORISED amount has been take and request a chargeback...oh too late now as bank is now closed to Monday. Not contacting your bank was a mistake.
  • bank not at fault as it was not a direct debit!!!!!!!Wonga go through card payments. Read my comments!!
  • Jassers wrote: »
    bank not at fault as it was not a direct debit!!!!!!!Wonga go through card payments. Read my comments!!

You need to read the comments, even if it wasn't a direct debit you should have contacted your bank as advised, it was an unauthorised payment and should have been reported as such, They would have helped
  • not that lucky to live in an area wit the advantage of easy access to a doc!!
  • no point in continuing discussion. people read what they want to read
  • Jassers wrote: »
    not that lucky to live in an area wit the advantage of easy access to a doc!!

Huh?
    no point in continuing discussion. people read what they want to read

The first reply was to contact your bank, you should have done this, Direct debt, or card payment, it was UNAUTHORISED, the bank would have dealt with it
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bank not at fault as it was not a direct debit!!!!!!!Wonga go through card payments. Read my comments!!

No you read the advice given!

The bank does not have to be at fault for you to contact them and dispute the transaction.

Why have you not contacted your bank?

You came here seeking advice.

The advice was 'contact your bank'.

You appear not to have contacted your bank?

WHY?
  • The bank would not have dealt with it as it is a pay day loan. They would have been told to contact Wonga.It is up to Wonga to get their backside in gear and refund all effected customers by the quickest method possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure