ipoints & Curry Question....!

Options
Hello :hello:

Does anyone here use ipoints?

I don't use it very often but I logged in tonight and noticed I have enough for a 2 for 1 offer that you can get through ipoints. "Twice the Spice" or some such fun.

Has anyone else used this and do you recommend it? I don't want to turn up at the curry house and be frowned upon for being a right scrooge! (Even though I am - lol!)
Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd been wondering about that offer too.

When I spend Ipoints it tends to be on moonpig cards, though at the moment that link is still stuffed.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't but it sounds like it could be fun!!!
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • pondie1
    pondie1 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i used this voucher in local curry house last year,i have another one to use when we finally go out for a meal,my voucher is valid until 31/12/07 excluding 15/12-24/12 and 31/12-05/01,website is https://www.freeloadoffers.co.uk or call 08703500241,for info where excepts voucher
  • SHEARERBOBS
    SHEARERBOBS Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

We use these vouchers ALL the time as my OH gets them from our local decorators centre (why? i dont know). I'm lucky as I live near the curry mile in manchester so we just keep going to different ones! But, why not?!

Sarah
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Options
    Just remembered I started this thread - d'oh!

So, anyone else used the Twice the Spice vouchers without any bother?

Or if you have a horror story - post that here too!

I have enough ipoints now and am thinking the BF & I could perhaps pop out for a cheap-ish night out soon seems we haven't been out since the beginning of April together :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well I just ordered the voucher anyway as there are two decent restaurants in my city so.....will try it and see what happens! All I am worried about is being treated like a leper or something or them "missing off" the bill our two for one offer and an embarrassing scene thereafter.....
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • Broke_Student
    Options
    No idea what iPoints is but I recieved loads of these 'Twice The Spice' vouchers when signing up for a student Barclaycard.

I gave them to my family and we have never had any trouble using them. On one occasion when calling a restaurant to reserve a table we were told they don't accept any of the 'promotions' they are apart of on Saturdays, but other than that we have never had any real problems (we don't normally book ahead either).

If you are 'scared' to use them then here are a few tips:
    - Don't feel like a scrooge has these are proper high quality vouchers, not tatty newspaper rip out token collects...
    - Ask if they will take the voucher when you call to reserve, or as soon as you enter and ask for a table.
    - Take a print out of the list of restaurants in the area from https://www.freeloaderoffers.co.uk and keep it with you. Sometimes the waiters do not even know of the offer (as the manager has signed up to it in the past) but they are always convinced when you show their name on the list.
    - If you think they will forget to take it off the bill then just give the voucher when you ask for the bill "excuse me can we have the bill please?, and here is the voucher for the second main dish" foolproof.

To be very MSE it's a good idea to order an expensive dish and order another up to the same value. If you are ever going to treat yourself to the expensive dishes, might aswell to it with the voucher.
    They say you can't put a value on life... but I live it at half price!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure