What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2018 at 7:46AM
    Morning guys :) am up earlier than expected thanks to madam! I suppose the extra time gives me a little longer to do begger all! Just need to wash my hair and iron my skirt, other than that all prework things were done yesterday ;)

Not many small things today as working 8-8 :eek: seemed great having 8 days off but seems harder to get the motivation to return today!

Dawn congrats on your db getting his place :) the most important thing is for him to get through the next year and get out of the temporary tenancy phase. If he loses his job he needs to get housing benefit set up asap! Enjoy the time with oh x

* all meals from store - I made tonight's tea last night ;) it is spiced chicken ala Jack Monroe and had run out of lemon juice so put in a desert spoon of lemon curd. It's turned out blooming lovely!
    * oh having lo stew for lunch and there's a portion to freeze
    * checked banking & did a couple of small transfers
    * checked meal plan in case something needs to be defrosted for tomorrow. Nope :)
    * submit expenses for last month
    * check onepoll? I'll try...
    * Hopefully get a pair of plimsoles for madam off of ebay for around £5 :money: (when I got her some from Clarks they were £10 and she's hardly worn them at all!) Yesterday I got her some trainers for £9 :money:
    * get petrol on way to work
    * apart from petrol NSD
    * go for a walk at lunch
    * get lunch, bag, clothes ready this evening for work tomorrow

Ok that's all I'll do
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello:

Thanks goodness it's Friday. It's felt like a long week! Things for today:

Really don't want to go to the shops, so got a portion of cooked chilli out of freezer for DH and mines tea
    Packed lunches all round apart from smallest small who is on hot dinners free at school. Experimenting using frozen avocado in a salad, will see how that works out
    Hot drink for commute
    Washing shuffle whilst radiators were on first thing
    Put washing away tonight
    Quick shower, hair to dry naturally
    Out for a walk with a good friend from work at lunch time
    Send Mothering Sunday card, didn't do this yesterday, have stamp already
    Ask at work about hotel that I might be able to get cheap for a family wedding we've been invited to
    Make a list tonight in my book of the things I want to achieve between now and end of March.
    DH and I to gym tonight

Right, best get moving or we will all be late.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning

I was able to get on yesterday due no access to the Internet, I'm blaming the snow.

Today the children both have sports training in a local city which is going to take about 5 hours out of our day.

Today's plan:
    Wash hair and let it dry naturally
    LSD only pay for training
    RMsurvey
    Take packed lunch, snacks and drinks with us
    BLD from stores
    Stick to meal plan
    OH to work from home
    Home Educate children
    PAD
    Arrange break down cover for both of us
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2018 at 8:50PM

Dawn congrats on your db getting his place :) the most important thing is for him to get through the next year and get out of the temporary tenancy phase. If he loses his job he needs to get housing benefit set up asap! Enjoy the time with oh x

Temp tenancy would have actually been an improvement on his situation DNMS, he would ricochet between an ex partner, us, sleeping in his car, and has had periods on the streets, despite having good employable skills, and always trying to work. He has some kind of issue, DD2 thinks Asbergers / Autism spectrum - he has never had a diagnosis, tbh when we were kids these things weren't known about, but DD teaches teenagers with these conditions and says she recognises some of the behaviours. He has also had a gambling addiction (which worries me he might slip back into). As you say, if we get through a year, we might be getting there! I can so see how people with these problems end up homeless, but they are not easy to help by any means!

Anyway, plans for today:
    Did a Yougov survey
    Stripped spare bed and got washing machine on
    Load of washing out on line It rained! Boo! Now on airer, and the woodstove is lit, so it will dry overnight :)
    More to do :(Another load done and hoping for better weather tomorrow!
    OH gone to the chiropractor this morning, so definitely a spend day! He had the car washed as well. It is sufficiently cold and rainy to make the prospect of doing it ourselves very unattractive :o
    Thoroughly clean spare room and ensuite Done :D
    Also washed main bathroom floor and hoovered both sets of stairs :)

Ebay and RM surveys parcels to post Done
    Take some items to sales unit while I am out Done, managed to fit a whole boxful onto my shelves, so must have had some sales :T On the downside, I spent £10 on a new bathroom mirror from another dealer :o
    Pop into Iceland for tomatoes, which I forgot to get at the market yesterday, bananas which they didn't have, and tuna which is way cheaper there than at Sainsburys. Will use some shopping vouchers from RM surveys to minimise spends :D£4.64 of actual money spent :)
    Think what to do for dinner, will be something out of the freezer! Pork steak things, with chips and peas - not very diet friendly, but probably better (not to say cheaper) than a Friday night takeaway!)
    Listed 2 more items on ebay
    Freecycler coming round to pick up some strawberry plants later :)He came, despite the rain :T
    Check banks Done
    Update spreadsheet with spends, bank info etc Still to do
    Look for more surveys later One for Ipsos so far - I was screened out, but got 10 points anyway. They add up!
    Emptied cupboard in spare bedroom that is going into OH's den to replace the chest of drawers that he has promised DD2 for little ones' clothes. Fear not, I have something to replace the cupboard, a table currently wedged on the landing :o No shortage of furniture here :eek:

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 March 2018 at 1:52PM
    Hi March Money Magicians,

Work later. Begun morning by cleaning up after poorly DW. :( Heating is on to dry bed-linen.

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Cook something DW might be able to manage later. She is currently consuming a homemade banana and mango smoothie. Boil in the bag fish for lunch from freezer.

* Prepped invoice for 7 weeks' work DW has done. Used a recycled envelope.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello Friday Frugalistas,
    Useful sort of day. These are the money saving bits:
    *Free fitness with brisk walk to the post box followed by a pleasant morning of gardening.
    *Sowed several trays of seeds, including 3 of 'edibles' - lettuce, basil & lemon basil. All the flower seeds I sowed were free packets from my Mum's gardening magazine habit.
    *Cut the very last of my autumn sown rocket, as I need the space in my greenhouse. Have popped it in a container to serve with tomorrow's meal.
    *Potted up my autumn sown lambs' lettuce plants into a trough. They are big enough now to be cutting a few leaves, so watered them & talked to them nicely.
    *Topped up worm composter with more scraps as I want to maximise free worm compost this year, to boost a few plants which could do with a bit of help.
    *Finished next week's meal plans.
    *Write shopping list (am starting that in a minute)
    *Did a couple of surveys.
    *Finish knitting socks - I am nearly at toe-shaping so these could be finished tonight if I am in the mood.
    *mr f saved his money by not doing his planned Friday night stop-off for beer-buying purposes. This change of heart, I hasten to add, was not financially driven, but due to gridlocked traffic in town & he cba to sit in it any longer! He did come in with a 'man with no beer' face, but I reminded him that he still had his money. What a little ray of joy I am, in his no-beer crisis.
    Think that's it.
    Take care, all.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Good Afternoon

today were at our Xmas gift from the in-laws very peaceful just the break i was needing
    we have had a NSD
    been checking banks etc and budgets
    going to start to bank one for car repairs and birthdays and gifts
    i have re started ebay
    are there any good survey sites i could try

hope every one is warm and well xxx lppxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 March 2018 at 8:22AM
    Hello Everyone

I have had a good week this what I have got up to

- 3 NSD days
    - Food from Stores, Internet shopping was finally delivered after the snow 4 days later!
    - Collected World book day book for DD
    - Paid a little of the CC to round it down and make sure min payment is made on time
    - Signed DD for holiday club not as expensive as I thought
    - Went into town to buy cleaning stuff as cheaper than supermarket even with parking
    - Put flyers up for charity day, as I promised to do

Tomorrow
    Afternoon tea for mothering Sunday we never go out on the day as it too busy, so tend to go before the weekend afterwards.
    - DD at dance class pre paid - Never got there as she is full of cold
    Did a handful of surveys and competitions

Met lovely friends for dinner - Priceless :j
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 March 2018 at 8:39AM
    Morning :) Day 2 of my 3 day working week :D it wasn't so bad, except I get hungry! It's going to take some adjusting to food wise!

Foxgloves your comment made me laugh! Mr F is very lucky to have you reminding him how lucky he is! tee hee!

I am running slightly behind schedule as I haven't put together my lunch but as I don't have to get madam ready I don't think it'll be a problem :)ready and have 10 mins before I need to leave :D

Things for today:

* NSD
    * all meals from stores
    * check meal plan for tomorrow and get anything out of freezer that's needed
    * hang up washing
    * oh & madam making mother's day art & going to visit the inlaws
    * get clothes and food ready for tomorrow
    * last of the (not frozen) BNS soup for lunch, 6 egg muffins out of freezer for breakfast to take, and 1/5th of ys greek yogurt. My breakfast,
    lunch & dinner is sub 50p :D
    * ask oh if he'll make a couple of extra pancakes so I can take for breakfast tomorrow :D
    * checked banking
    * checked cc and received £100.20 in cashback. Which neutralises the spending spree I had a few weeks ago!

That's all I can think of! Am sure there'll be more! Happy weekend guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello:

Glad your work day was ok determined long may it continue.
    Dawn hope you and DH are enjoying your house again
    Foxgloves you could have been talking about mr PF somenights with the beer. Not last night though.

Today's list:
    Last of blueberries and strawberries for breakfast, mixed some cheap Greek yogurt with more expensive lemon curd to make it go further
    Mince out of freezer for tea, use up lots of veggies to go in it to make cottage pie
    Freeze half a tin of anchovies that won't be eaten in the next couple of days
    Check fridge for anything else
    Update freezer list
    Small shop after doing this weeks meal plan. Have £5 off coupon
    Check banking, still need to jig a couple of pots around
    Order fruit plants for garden
    If it's not raining later walk into town from dd activities and get them to tighten my glasses
    Both of us to the gym later
    DH may have work on tonight as well as tomorrow, if so it'll be an early night all round. And a bit of extra cash.
    Lots of washing to catch up on it seems, have made a start and airer is at the ready.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure