The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Most 'un-blues', really.

Halifax HTB newbuild application submitted at 12:38 on 27 April was offered today, 29 April.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Wow!

I see this site's favoured broker is going to get stuck in and carry some of the load the rest of us have been carrying for their benefit for the last few years.

Hopefully, we'll see some good technical knowledge to help people in practice and not just links to web articles.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,443 Forumite
    Options
    So if MSE luv you enough you can respond to posts by putting links to your website up on the Forum?

Our website carries enough information to manage just about half the queries here but I understood we were not welcome to link.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    luvs/pays...
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suspect the rep will be more about brand protection and less about general education.

Happy to be wrong..

Hope you are all well..
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Dave_Ham wrote: »
    I suspect the rep will be more about brand protection and less about general education.

Happy to be wrong..

Hope you are all well..
    Blimey. I missed it was from you, I read it as Dave White in my poor eyesight!

Not bad thanks. Hope you're well too and glad to see you around again.
  • amnblog
    Options
    Dave_Ham wrote: »

Happy to be wrong..

Hope you are all well..

I notice MSE now indulging in a little 'Brand Protection' by starting a thread encouraging viewers to ask L&C questions.

I'll have to empty the bins in the office, cos something stinks.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    I notice MSE now indulging in a little 'Brand Protection' by starting a thread encouraging viewers to ask L&C questions.

I'll have to empty the bins in the office, cos something stinks.

Although it does say they are here to answer "its customers questions" so presumably only L&C clients or MSE?
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • amnblog
    Options
    Presumably worded that way to avoid FCA interest ref promotion Dave.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

• kingstreet
    Options
    First client call re SDLT was at 1.42.

Think that was about two minutes after Hammond said it. Anyone else beat that record?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback