Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    New week and new determination for me.
    I can't really do SP days due to what I'm allowed, and I struggle to get 1 HB in, never mind 2, but I'm going to try as close as I can, by increasing my speed and protein.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - SW quiche. They are at least 50% veg
    Lunch - salmon and cottage cheese salad. It is 60+% speed
    Dinner - Stir fry and noodles
    Snacks - orange, strawberries, Quavers, cereal bar

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bar
    Syns - Quavers (3)
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooh Quavers are even lower-syn than Pufts!

Well done Mrs R, you must feel such a weight has been lifted now that's done!

Good luck Kathryn, menu sounds good today!

Congrats on the football, GT!

Just hopped on the scales and they're showing a 1lb gain on last week which doesn't really seem fair, does drinking loads of water really help?
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Ooh Quavers are even lower-syn than Pufts!
    It's the Aldi version that are so low, mainly because of the bag size at only 12g.

Aldi 12g - 3syns
    Quavers 16g - 4.5syns
    Quavers 20g - 5.5syns
    Quavers 25g - 6.5syns
    Tesco 17g - 4.5syns
    Lidl 12g - 3.5syns
    Morrisons 17g - 4.5syns
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Just hopped on the scales and they're showing a 1lb gain on last week which doesn't really seem fair, does drinking loads of water really help?

I believe it does long term, but obviously if you weigh in just after you've drunk loads then the weight of the water is going to be in your body.
    I think you need to allow your body time to get used to you drinking more.
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I feared that was the case with the water. I'll try to up my intake today and tomorrow and hope it makes a difference for Friday morning.

Thanks for the info on the crisps, just goes to show that not all Quavers were created equal!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Out of interest, if you attend a class and help out on the social team - do you get any perks for doing this?
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Out of interest, if you attend a class and help out on the social team - do you get any perks for doing this?

You don't have to queue. At our group we get weighed first, and this tends to be done by the consultant.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the crisps, just goes to show that not all Quavers were created equal!

:rotfl:

Lunch: Batchelor's rice (free),

That's true of savoury rice too saver-upper. They changed the recipe some time ago so unless you have an old pack then there will be a few syns. I fry fishcakes but I don't put flour on them. I find making them up and chilling them first seems to help keep them a bit firmer but I do sometimes end up with hash!:D

Well done on the play off result greentiger. All to play for on Friday at home.:) We managed to go up a place last night without kicking a ball. Not hopeful for tonight though.

That's great news about your degree MrsR and congratulations on STS! When I did my dissertation for my Masters I felt I should put thank you to M&S for all the ready meals in the opening statement!:D

So the news wasn't as bad as you feared kathrynha. Onwards and upwards!! You'll soon be at 3 stone loss.

Good to see you back starry eyed and FE and well done on your loss mad with money.:T

Not quite sure what's happening today. DH will be out at teatime so may have an early dinner with him. If it's just me then plans might change. I'll either go into town early and have a salad or something or find something here from the freezer like a burger. This is the plan:

EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickles
    D: savoury mince, carrots, new potatoes, cauli, broccoli and cabbage
    Syns: probably half a Crunchie at the game
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not in the best of form. Found out I didn't get the job by seeing it readvertised again!!!!

Not the nicest way to find out but then neither of the other two people got it either so I've not lost out to anybody just wasn't suitable at all obviously!

Fed up.com, cant even be bothered talking about it.

Cant wait to get into bed tonight.
  • kathrynha
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    Not in the best of form. Found out I didn't get the job by seeing it readvertised again!!!!

Not the nicest way to find out but then neither of the other two people got it either so I've not lost out to anybody just wasn't suitable at all obviously!

Fed up.com, cant even be bothered talking about it.

Cant wait to get into bed tonight.

Hugs Lantanna. It is so annoying and rude when companies don't contact job applicants, especially when they have got as far as interview stage.

Try not to let it get to you too much.
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family