Lost Train Ticket

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your agreement is irrelevant. I am not asking if I have a case, I am asking who would be best to direct the complaint to. Is everybody on this board this snarky, I am completely aware its my partners fault!

The original ticket was bought from trainline BUT the replacement I had to buy at Blackpool train station?
    Snarky?

I guess we are not telling you what you want to hear.

Good luck... you'll need it.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Options
    My wife lost one of those shiny new fivers the other day. She left it in our hotel room. We have phoned the hotel but they are unable to help. Presumably they have cleared it away.

If we contact the Bank of England, do you think they will issue her with another fiver?

We are sure that no one else has used that fiver.

OP, you are in a not dissimilar situation.
  • kingbuxton13
    Options
    You are 100% correct, you arent telling me what I want to hear.

The question I am asking (and I have asked a good number of times now) is where should I direct my letter too.

I didnt ask about opinions on how successfull you think I would be, I didnt ask about a crap analogy about a shiny new fiver pound note, I just asked where would I direct the letter to. That was all.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

The question I am asking (and I have asked a good number of times now) is where should I direct my letter too.

I didnt ask about opinions on how successfull you think I would be, I didnt ask about a crap analogy about a shiny new fiver pound note, I just asked where would I direct the letter to. That was all.
    Haven't you had the answer to your question?

Or do you want someone to search for the train line dot com's postal address for you?

Do come back and tell us how you get on.
    Any success will be useful to others.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Purely out of interest, would it be the same if it was a ticket for a set train, with a reserved seat, so that you could prove that no one else was using it?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 October 2016 at 7:30AM
    Options
    yorkie2 wrote: »
    No-one, surely?

Surely the person who lost the ticket which in this case its the girlfriend.

OP the train company didnt lose the ticket, you did or your gf did.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Purely out of interest, would it be the same if it was a ticket for a set train, with a reserved seat, so that you could prove that no one else was using it?

How does that prove anything though ? Loads of people don't sit in the correct reserved seats ....
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options

post #5 answered your question.

I, like others fail to see why you should be refunded
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    As a train user I'm not sure why you expect me to subsidise your loss due to your partner's carelessness. Presumably you were also in the same room though but I'm sure there must be good reasons why it was their singular responsibility. Did neither of you do a room sweep before checking out ?

You could write a letter and you might get a goodwill gesture in the form of vouchers for future travel, anything more is very unlikely in the circumstances you've described. As for where to find the address, you could google for it or even tweet the train company for it.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forget all the other answers. Your best bet is to direct your request to Sir Philip Greed along the lines of:

Dear Sir Philip
    I understand you've got loads of money albeit stolen from thousands of pensioners of BHS. As you are so rich I would be grateful if you could reimburse the cost of the train ticket which my wally wife left at the hotel. If you offer me this kindness I will support your cause in keeping your knighthood.

Humbly yours

kingbuxton13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family