Simon mayo Reclaim ppi wants paying for a free ppi check!

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just make a complaint to them that they have not produced a signed letter of authrority that could legitimise their requests for payment and that as far as you know you did not enter a contract with them and you are waiting for their response to your complaint.
    Tell them as per guidelines, they have 8 weeks to respond. Also tell them that you do not believe you have a contract with them and in the abence of proof, i.e. a signed letter of authroity you wil be taking your complaint further.

And have a look this board, there's another thread with a couple fo users who have experienced the same thing.

And write this to them, do not phone, do not email.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    For anyone interested, apparently one Simon Mayo is the MD:
    My name is Simon Mayo. I’m the managing director of two companies: The first company is ReclaimPPI, and I am also the managing director of The Better Mortgage Company.

https://conversion-rate-experts.com/reclaimppi-testimonial/

He could at least include the disclaimer "No, not that one" where appropriate.
  • Dan_himalayan_man
    Options
    Hi guys, so randomly I received a response from them saying they will cancel the fee if I can prove my claim came from resolver! Luckily I kept my resolver open and have the messages and paper copies of my claim reward so I will be forwarding this onto them and hopefully closing the issue! Thanks for the research peeps!
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi guys, so randomly I received a response from them saying they will cancel the fee if I can prove my claim came from resolver! Luckily I kept my resolver open and have the messages and paper copies of my claim reward so I will be forwarding this onto them and hopefully closing the issue! Thanks for the research peeps!

Keep in mind what the are likely asking here is not evidence you submitted a claim through Resolver, moreover that any successful claim was a result of your resolver claim and not any action they undertook.
  • Dan_himalayan_man
    Options
    Thanks bermonia, yes NatWest issued me a reference claim number via resolver which is plastered all over the final offer letter I received through the post. Reclaimppi have no idea about this reference number!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks bermonia, yes NatWest issued me a reference claim number via resolver which is plastered all over the final offer letter I received through the post. Reclaimppi have no idea about this reference number!
    If the Claim Company have been copied the result of your complaint, it means the Bank have a Letter Of Authority appointing them your representative in PPI complaints. How do you account for this if, as you claim, you didn't agree to such an arrangement?
  • Dan_himalayan_man
    Options
    This is my point exact point, how do they have this?? I haven't given authority!! I have asked these questions but were ignored!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This is my point exact point, how do they have this?? I haven't given authority!! I have asked these questions but were ignored!
    Did you ask these questions of the Bank or the Claim Company? I suggest you ask the Bank.

What you need to be most aware of has already been mentioned;
    brettcta wrote: »
    Quite often these ‘free PPI checks’ have full authorisation to lodge complaints hidden in the small print which they know no one reads.
    Others have been caught out this way, I'm afraid. Did you read the terms and conditions of your "free" PPI check?
  • Dan_himalayan_man
    Options
    This does not make sense to me, why send out welcome packs with a letter of authority for people to sign if they don't actually need to (as this company does) and why, over a period of 3 months, send me 7 emails requesting me to START my claim if they have already logged it?? They even sent me a 'last chance warning' email before deadline, again why if they have already logged it?!?
  • Dan_himalayan_man
    Options
    I will be contacting bank to ask them about it 👍
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills