Ikea Oven v John Lewis Oven

Need some help deciding!

New kitchen going in and have pretty much decided on either the Ikea Finsmakare

Or John Lewis JLBIOS635

From what I can see they are basically AEG clones. The John Lewis seems to be the highly rated AEG BSE792320M and I *think* the Ikea is likely the BSE774320M (although only around 75% certain).

Really can't decide between the 2 and cannot find any "Which" style reviews!

Appreciate input from anyone that has either (or anyone that can confirm 100% which ovens they are clones of) :)

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    John Lewis has a 3 year warranty. Ikea doesn't.

We haven't bought anything electrical from Ikea since a table lamp blew the main RCD. When Mr S checked the wiring, he threw a hissy fit - wires seemed to have just been thrown in with hardly any attempt at fitting them properly.

Customer services weren't interested - made out that they were doing us a huge favour by paying a refund.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ikea have 5 years warranty.
    Also most of their 'black' coloured appliances are actually black/brown, if that makes a difference to your colour scheme.
    I thought they were Hotpoint and Whirlpool re-branded product mostly.

The John Lewis one does look more of a bargain, assuming the reduction is genuine.

Have a look at the AEG models in AO or Currys, as they sometimes have a cashback offer running. Check AEG website for lonnnng lists of which models get how much re-paid, currently and the retailers don;t always let you know (I found out myself, on recent washing machine purchase got me an extra £50!)

VB
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 January 2020 at 9:12PM
    vansboy wrote: »
    I thought they were Hotpoint and Whirlpool re-branded product mostly.
    And John Lewis ovens used to be manufactured by Electrolux/Zanussi.

In fact the JL one linked to above looks very similar to this https://www.appliance-world.co.uk/pyrolytic-single-oven/electrolux/eoc5851fax

Having said all that AEG are part of the Electrolux group also.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    John Lewis has a 3 year warranty. Ikea doesn't.

Ikea have FIVE years

Ikea are usually whirlpool

I have a hob from them, it failed 4 years and 8 months down the line. Whirlpool were a nightmare to deal with so Ikea had it sorted for me within 24 hrs - went and picked up a new hob and they paid for the electrician

Yes the customer service line is a nightmare but as long as you have all your receipts ( which for one I did as it was part of a kitchen refit so I had a whole folder ) you will get there in the end :)
  • mintster
    mintster Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    neilmcl wrote: »
    And John Lewis ovens used to be manufactured by Electrolux/Zanussi.

In fact the JL one linked to above looks very similar to this https://www.appliance-world.co.uk/pyrolytic-single-oven/electrolux/eoc5851fax

Having said all that AEG are part of the Electrolux group also.

Yes - looks similar but are very different. The JL one has a steam function and it also specifically mentions a "sous vide" option which only seems to be offered on the AEG model!

Is proving to be a real PITA just shopping for ovens!
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mintster wrote: »
    Yes - looks similar but are very different. The JL one has a steam function and it also specifically mentions a "sous vide" option which only seems to be offered on the AEG model!

Hmm, it must have a very accurate electronic thermostat for that, which would be worth having. The old suck-it-and-see thermostat on an IKEA-Whirlpool oven I had was useless, though perhaps things have improved since then.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    All my Ikea appliances purchased four years ago are Electrolux. My dishwasher broke down within the first year and I had to have the Electrolux repair folk out. After the third failed attempt to fix it, I managed to get Ikea to just take it back and give me a refund + compensation for the hassle over the process.

Given I'd previously had an AEG washing machine fail within two years and had the same people out for that too, I'd recommend you steer clear of anything made by Electrolux (AEG, Ikea, John Lewis, Zanussi).

Granted the other Ikea appliances I bought have been fine so far - but I won't go that way again in the future.

My Siemens dishwasher hasn't missed a beat - and that's made by the Bosch lot. Go Bosch!
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The following may help with regards who manufacturers what and for whom. https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/about-the-appliance-industry/manufacturer-information
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I stand corrected about the IKEA warranty.

Still won't buy anything electrical from them.
  • smiffy
    smiffy Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mintster said:
    Need some help deciding!

New kitchen going in and have pretty much decided on either the Ikea Finsmakare
    Just found this thread, as also considering the FINSMAKARE but can't seem to find and reviews. I'd be looking at the Microwave Combi, and the Full Size oven too. 
    What did you go for in the end? If the IKEA - hows it going?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback