Anyone Into Cross Stitching?

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    rainmac wrote: »
    Wanted to show this coaster as I think it is so cute, not sure if I can part with it (supposed to be a present!). Maybe I've got time to make another...?

th_IMGP2034.jpg

The chart was in World of Cross Stitching magazine a few months ago. I used 16 count aida so my finished design is smaller than the one in the magazine but I like it and love the colours :D

That's really nice!

Last night I got out what I call my sewing chest (its a tool box really but a good size for all my sewing and repairing things :D ) and found quite a few small cross stitch kits in it! I just knew when hubby got my other bits out of the loft there didn't seem enough kits there!

I still haven't got round to actually doing any stitching........and after all my nagging too :o
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    poppett wrote: »
    Hi Rainmac,

I don't usually start one and go onto something else but the Betty Boop is one I started ages ago and I ran out of the Madeira thread to finish it. I am having great difficulty in finding Madira stockists now. I should look on ebay to see if I can get it really.

Poppet,
    Do you still need Madeira threads? I have some colours that I've hardly used. If you let me know what you need, I'll check my stash.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi all

I knwo this is a stupid question but does anyone have any nice christmas card cross stitches?? I would love to get a head start on a christmas cross stitch for the cards asap so i can give them to relatives who i dont necessarily buy for so they can have somethign nice and a keepsake that is hand made and a labour of love.

Does anyone have any nice designs??? Also does anyone have a pretty native american design I could put in a card? maybe feathers etc? as a birthday card for my native american mad mother?

many thanks (of cours ei will update with pictures too! )
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Hi everyone. I used to cross stitch years ago, until I got into card-making. I used to really enjoy it, and I found it so relaxing, but I never used to get around to framing my projects. I have loads of finished projects stashed away in a drawer that are probably covered in dust now! That's why I stopped, but its something I would like to get back into, although I don't really have the time! I might have a look at ebay and see what treasures I can find on there! I wouldn't mind stitching some oriental designs again as I would definately put them on display!
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    oooohhhh sammy

I will have to post photos of to native american pictures i have done..they were the 1st 2 big pictures i did..i also have one that is still to be finished of a medicine woman
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I actually done some stitching on Friday! Found a small (very small :D ) kit of a cottage that comes with a frame for when its done. Now all I have to do is learn french knots for the flowers in the garden :o
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    shelly wrote: »
    I actually done some stitching on Friday! Found a small (very small :D ) kit of a cottage that comes with a frame for when its done. Now all I have to do is learn french knots for the flowers in the garden :o

French knots, they are my pet hate!!! :mad: Never managed to conquer them properly, good luck with your cottage - post a pic when your done!!!
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I used to cross stitch years ago, until I got into card-making. I used to really enjoy it, and I found it so relaxing, but I never used to get around to framing my projects. I have loads of finished projects stashed away in a drawer that are probably covered in dust now! That's why I stopped, but its something I would like to get back into, although I don't really have the time! I might have a look at ebay and see what treasures I can find on there! I wouldn't mind stitching some oriental designs again as I would definately put them on display!

Hi melissa, why don't you frame what you've done and give for presents if you don't want them yourself? Or stich them onto cushions, onto a card, on top of a box (to make a keepsake box)...people love handmade pressies and you've done all the hard work already!!! :D
  • rainmac
    Hi sammy, I haven't thought about Xmas cards yet but summer is a good time to get started to make sure you get them all done in time in between other projects :D .

You could probably get some reasonably priced Xmas charts on ebay? Have you looked here for freebie charts? They also sell charts and have a competition page. Hope you find something you like so can get stitching!!! :T
  • Nicolefury
    Nicolefury Posts: 602 Forumite
    I haven't cross stitched for years, but I've just bought a basic kit of ebay to ease me back into it. If I still really enjoy it, I'd like to make some semi big things for christmas pressies.
    Dooyoo £10.40/40, TopCashBack £17.19/30, Valued Opinions 50p/£10, Swagbucks 0/£20, Ebay £15/£25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure