Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rkelly
    • By rkelly 5th Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    rkelly
    Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:10 PM
    Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace 5th Jul 18 at 10:10 PM
    Anyone else waiting for the so-called 50 bonus which was promised for the Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed

I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending? Raisin customer support is non existent and the bonus feels like a scam.

Anyone else in the same boat? Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.
Page 3
    • derrick
    • By derrick 11th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 7,074 Posts
    • 2,321 Thanks
    derrick
    Anyone else waiting for the so-called 50 bonus which was promised for the Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed

I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending? Raisin customer support is non existent and the bonus feels like a scam.

Anyone else in the same boat? Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.
    Originally posted by rkelly

Calm down, it's not in your account yet is it...

Oh ye of little faith:-

50.00 arrived into my account this afternoon.

Deposited 1000.00, 11-06-18, showing as "pending"
    14-06-18 showing as "deposited"
    Sent Launch Bonus email request 18-06-18.

50.00 deposited into my linked account 11-07-18, well within the 60 days promised, actually 27 days from "deposit", 23 days from Launch Bonus email request.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 11th Jul 18, 6:09 PM
    • 2,415 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    50 received here. Lovely.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 11th Jul 18, 11:15 PM
    • 9,074 Posts
    • 7,881 Thanks
    colsten

50.00 deposited into my linked account 11-07-18, well within the 60 days promised, actually 27 days from "deposit", 23 days from Launch Bonus email request.
    Originally posted by derrick
    50 received here. Lovely.
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    Sounds as if, contrary to the thread title, it is not raisin.co.uk which is a disgrace
    • le loup
    • By le loup 12th Jul 18, 8:47 AM
    • 3,832 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    le loup
    Oh don't be too harsh - the OP will be back in a trice offering a grovelling apology.
    Well, maybe not.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 12th Jul 18, 10:42 AM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 4,308 Thanks
    Zanderman
    So many bloated egos with so little IQ in this thread, getting ahead of themselves...
    I will give a response in time whether they do or don't... But just because a "handful" of people may get the bonus as a token gesture to take the heat from this thread, does not mean that Raisin.co.uk are in the clear.
    Hang fire, I've had no email about payment yet.
    You'd think Raisin would be aware of this thread by now and someone there would wise up and look into the 48 hour response email wording you get from them.... Again like I said, they are amateur hour, do any of you lot work for them I wonder?
    Further response to follow, 60 days fast approaching
    Originally posted by sharpharp
    Er, you write as if you've contributed to the thread before. And that comments have been directed at you.

But this is the first time 'sharpharp' has contributed to this thread.

The person the comments have been addressed to - and the specific person who said, as you're claiming you did, that they are 'amateur hour' - was 'rkelly'.

If you're rkelly why are you writing as sharpharp? Or vice versa. I'm sure forum rules say you can only have one login, otherwise all sorts of mischievous nonsense could take place. Have you logged in as your alter ego by accident this morning?

And as for the comment 'do any of you work for them' - I can say, categorically, that I don't. And I strongly suspect no-one else does either. You're clutching at straws to try to justify your original, thoroughly debunked, case.

(btw I'm reporting your comment above as evidence of a double login)

Edited to add: I see sharpharp's post has now been removed - though it is unclear whether this was done by the forum team or by sharpharp (or perhaps rkelly). The episode is, perhaps, an interesting take on the concepts of disgrace, amateur hour, ego and IQ.
    Last edited by Zanderman; 13-07-2018 at 9:59 AM. Reason: added update about removal of the original post
    • Deneb
    • By Deneb 12th Jul 18, 3:20 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    Deneb
    So many bloated egos with so little IQ in this thread, getting ahead of themselves...
    Originally posted by sharpharp
    You'd think Raisin would be aware of this thread by now and someone there would wise up and look into the 48 hour response email wording you get from them.... Again like I said, they are amateur hour, do any of you lot work for them I wonder?
    Personally, I had the intelligence to realise that
    - I had complied with the claim conditions for the offer.
    - The response was obviously a generic automated email reply, from it's wording.
    - I should not expect a reply within 24 hours because there was nothing new they could tell me, and the timescales and process had already been explained in the conditions of the offer.
    - The auto-generated reply did serve a useful purpose as an auditable proof of receipt of my claim.

At that point I set a 60 day reminder on my email and decided to concentrate on other things in life that were more worthwhile.
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 12th Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    ... Yesterday, 10th July, I got an email saying that Raisin are processing the applications from May and June and that I should get my 50 bonus soon. ...
    Originally posted by Reed_Richards
    And the 50 was credited to my bank account on 11th July. I just waited patiently and it all worked out!
    Reed
    • masonic
    • By masonic 12th Jul 18, 6:09 PM
    • 9,495 Posts
    • 6,649 Thanks
    masonic
    I received my payment today also. Absolutely scandalous! It took exactly 1 month when they said they'd pay it in 60 days!!! And they still haven't responded to the query I didn't send them!!!!! Heads need to roll
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jul 18, 6:14 PM
    • 6,093 Posts
    • 5,459 Thanks
    badger09
    I received my payment today also. Absolutely scandalous! It took exactly 1 month when they said they'd pay it in 60 days!!! And they still haven't responded to the query I didn't send them!!!!! Heads need to roll
    Originally posted by masonic
    Don't get , get compo
    • drob4
    • By drob4 12th Jul 18, 7:09 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    drob4
    Anyone else received two separate payments of 50 into their account?
    • colsten
    • By colsten 12th Jul 18, 7:18 PM
    • 9,074 Posts
    • 7,881 Thanks
    colsten
    And the 50 was credited to my bank account on 11th July. I just waited patiently and it all worked out!
    Originally posted by Reed_Richards
    My 50 arrived sometime today, exactly 1 calendar month after I opened my raisin account. Well pleased

Thanks again also to whoever first gave us the heads up about this on this forum.
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 13th Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    • 8,428 Posts
    • 106,231 Thanks
    karlie88
    Thanks again also to whoever first gave us the heads up about this on this forum.
    Originally posted by colsten
    Yours truly.

rkelly you can thank me later.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • badger09
    • By badger09 13th Jul 18, 12:39 PM
    • 6,093 Posts
    • 5,459 Thanks
    badger09
    Anyone else received two separate payments of 50 into their account?
    Originally posted by drob4
    The additional 50 probably belongs to rkelly or do I mean sharpsharp.

More likely rkelly, as sharpsharp has now removed his/her post, though fortunately it can still be seen in quotes
    • OceanSound
    • By OceanSound 13th Jul 18, 1:20 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    OceanSound
    Calm down, it's not in your account yet is it...
    Probably still not in his account, otherwise he'd be on here quick as a flash boasting about it.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 13th Jul 18, 2:31 PM
    • 2,415 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    The additional 50 probably belongs to rkelly or do I mean sharpsharp.

More likely rkelly, as sharpsharp has now removed his/her post, though fortunately it can still be seen in quotes
    Originally posted by badger09
    Sharpsharp (rkelly) berating others for not being so sharp on at least two (removed) posts on here when it appears they've logged on as each other..

Ooops

#notsosharpsharp
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 13th Jul 18, 2:45 PM
    • 25,767 Posts
    • 15,225 Thanks
    xylophone
    50 received today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

675Posts Today

5,674Users online

Martin's Twitter