Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like a plan JWIL, I have been inspired and endeavour to get rid of 20 things today.... Even if they're bagged up and in the garage for charity at least they won't be in the house!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Todays pads:

£1.36 to Mortgage
    £5.00 to savings
    £1.53 to joint od.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Brilliant news on the permanent job. Just having the security will make things seem more doable.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Have a lovely day :D x
  • jwil
    Brilliant news on the permanent job. Just having the security will make things seem more doable.

Thank you :)
    Have a lovely day :D x

Thank you :)
  • I've enjoyed reading all through your new diary. You're doing so well and congrats on DHs new job, that will really make a difference.

I'm also trying to do some decluttering so it's inspiring to follow your progress :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks for the inspiration Jwil, I have filled two blue Tesco bags with clothes for the charity shop ��. Really need to work on the toys though!
  • jwil
    I've enjoyed reading all through your new diary. You're doing so well and congrats on DHs new job, that will really make a difference.

I'm also trying to do some decluttering so it's inspiring to follow your progress :)

Thanks for reading HairyHandofDartmoor, (great name!). Congratulations on your debt clearance, you've done so well!

Good luck with your decluttering :)
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    Thanks for the inspiration Jwil, I have filled two blue Tesco bags with clothes for the charity shop ��. Really need to work on the toys though!

Well done Missy, that's a great result! I'm struggling with toys too, everything we want to get rid of suddenly becomes the best toy ever! Occasionally bribing works so they get some pennies for their moneyboxes :D
  • Hi. I'm loving all your lists for payments, decluttering and ebay!

I used to sell on Ebay as a business and other people started buying the same stock so it wasn't worth it in the end. I do still list on Ebay on my private account now, mainly children's clothing (my sil gave me a lot of my nieces baby/toddler clothing). Can I ask (if you don't mind) what do you find sells better? (Clothes, ornaments, books, games, shoes etc.). My best sell this year was a JoJo Siwa hair bow from Claires that I had, it was £10 and it sold for £50, I started it at 99p auction and was surprised it went for that much (they were hard to get hold of at the time, now there are over 900 of them on Ebay).

I also only take my girls to the kids movies at the Cinema, Odeon is £2.50 each so £10 for 4 of us, we tend to do this in the school holidays and take our own drinks, popcorn and sweets.

Enjoy your Sunday!

TMD
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • jwil
    Hi. I'm loving all your lists for payments, decluttering and ebay!

I used to sell on Ebay as a business and other people started buying the same stock so it wasn't worth it in the end. I do still list on Ebay on my private account now, mainly children's clothing (my sil gave me a lot of my nieces baby/toddler clothing). Can I ask (if you don't mind) what do you find sells better? (Clothes, ornaments, books, games, shoes etc.). My best sell this year was a JoJo Siwa hair bow from Claires that I had, it was £10 and it sold for £50, I started it at 99p auction and was surprised it went for that much (they were hard to get hold of at the time, now there are over 900 of them on Ebay).

I also only take my girls to the kids movies at the Cinema, Odeon is £2.50 each so £10 for 4 of us, we tend to do this in the school holidays and take our own drinks, popcorn and sweets.

Enjoy your Sunday!

TMD

Hi TMD, thanks for popping in :)

We sell all sorts on ebay, toys, craft stuff, household goods, magazines, things we've collected over the years. I used to sell my books on there, but I find there's no real point unless they are rare or collectible, so rarely put any on now. Same with DVDs and CDs.

I found clothes too much hassle so send those to charity now. I did sell a lot of the baby equipment as well. Now that it's free listing most of the time, I just try something on there at the minimum I want for it, and you only get charged fees if it sells. If it doesn't then off to car boot or charity it goes.

That's a great result with the bow, I love it when things go for unexpected prices!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport