Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smipsy
    • By smipsy 10th Dec 19, 6:03 PM
    • 133Posts
    • 99Thanks
    smipsy
    Switching to e.on the same day I've moved into a property
    • 10th Dec 19, 6:03 PM
    Switching to e.on the same day I've moved into a property 10th Dec 19 at 6:03 PM
    Hiya guys,

Messy energy situation! I've been with Toto, which crashed, then edf took over. I've moved into a different property today, and advised edf of that, and they'll just end my supply.

Now, at the new property I had to contact Scottish Power, and let them know I'm the new occupier, and they said it's all done, but it takes a few days to get the account set up, paperwork and whatnot. Then I found out what their tariff is

Anyway, I've put their tariff into the Energy Club for comparison, and surprisingly the cheapest available tariff was actually e.on! Which surprises me, because you know, big names aren't supposed to be cheap?

So of course I took the e.on tariff before it disappears. Now, is this going to become messy? Two hours I've informed Scottish Power I'm here, and now I've already initiated a switch to e.on.

All fine, or should I have waited?

Many thanks in advance, and sorry for the stupid question!
Page 1
    • danthemoneysavingman
    • By danthemoneysavingman 10th Dec 19, 8:18 PM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    danthemoneysavingman
    • 10th Dec 19, 8:18 PM
    • 10th Dec 19, 8:18 PM
    What is the question?
    Let me Google that for you...
    • smipsy
    • By smipsy 10th Dec 19, 10:11 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    smipsy
    • 10th Dec 19, 10:11 PM
    • 10th Dec 19, 10:11 PM
    Can the switch to e.on fail if they're faster than scottish power since i've done both on the same day? aka, e.on tries to switch my supply at the property before the scottish power even fully "added" me to that property?
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 10th Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    • 1,260 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    Gerry1
    • 10th Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    • 10th Dec 19, 10:14 PM
    There will be 14-day cooling off period before E.On starts to get going. But it's all a bit irrelevant anyway, if it doesn't go through you just start again.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 13th Dec 19, 2:18 PM
    Switching to E.ON
    • 13th Dec 19, 2:18 PM
    Hiya guys,

Messy energy situation! I've been with Toto, which crashed, then edf took over. I've moved into a different property today, and advised edf of that, and they'll just end my supply.

Now, at the new property I had to contact Scottish Power, and let them know I'm the new occupier, and they said it's all done, but it takes a few days to get the account set up, paperwork and whatnot. Then I found out what their tariff is

Anyway, I've put their tariff into the Energy Club for comparison, and surprisingly the cheapest available tariff was actually e.on! Which surprises me, because you know, big names aren't supposed to be cheap?

So of course I took the e.on tariff before it disappears. Now, is this going to become messy? Two hours I've informed Scottish Power I'm here, and now I've already initiated a switch to e.on.

All fine, or should I have waited?

Many thanks in advance, and sorry for the stupid question!
    Originally posted by smipsy
    Can the switch to e.on fail if they're faster than scottish power since i've done both on the same day? aka, e.on tries to switch my supply at the property before the scottish power even fully "added" me to that property?
    Originally posted by smipsy

Hello smipsy and thanks for joining us.

As the gaining supplier, it's our responsibility to drive the switch. We'll be in touch with Scottish Power to request your account. It usually takes about two and half weeks for a switch to go through. As Gerry1 says, part of this is the 14 day cooling off period where you can change your mind.

We'll send you a Welcome Pack with details of your chosen tariff and what's happening. We'll also ask for meter readings to start your account and send these to Scottish Power so they can use them to close their account. This stops the same energy from being charged twice.

If you register with our website, you'll be able to see how things are going by using the 'Track My Switch' tool.

Hope this is of interest smipsy and thanks again for joining us. Please let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

2,174Users online

Martin's Twitter