Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buttonbear1985
    • By buttonbear1985 8th Dec 19, 11:28 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    buttonbear1985
    CIFAS vm2
    • 8th Dec 19, 11:28 AM
    CIFAS vm2 8th Dec 19 at 11:28 AM
    Hi

I wondered if anyone could help please, i took out a virgin credit card, after only 1 week my account was put under review no explanation and struggling to hear anything from virgin. I have logged on to clearscore and it show a cifas type vm2 has been registered, what is VM2 is this about a review by virgin ? i am really worried as i read horror stories about accounts being closed, i have a natwest account and savings with them, no credit could this get closed ?
Page 1
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 8th Dec 19, 12:08 PM
    • 3,003 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 8th Dec 19, 12:08 PM
    • 8th Dec 19, 12:08 PM
    Hi

I wondered if anyone could help please, i took out a virgin credit card, after only 1 week my account was put under review no explanation and struggling to hear anything from virgin. I have logged on to clearscore and it show a cifas type vm2 has been registered, what is VM2 is this about a review by virgin ? i am really worried as i read horror stories about accounts being closed, i have a natwest account and savings with them, no credit could this get closed ?
    Originally posted by buttonbear1985
    A quick Google appears to show this as a "Victim of Impersonation" marker.

The more "accusatory" ones won't be listed on your credit file so if you see it on Clearscore it's not "bad" although it'll probably mean more checks taking place if you apply for any other credit in the next 12 months.

Is it related to Virgin? Possibly. Have you tried contacting them to find out what is going on?
    • buttonbear1985
    • By buttonbear1985 8th Dec 19, 12:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    buttonbear1985
    • 8th Dec 19, 12:14 PM
    • 8th Dec 19, 12:14 PM
    Hi yeah i believe it is, i have tried calling them but they tell me someone will be in contact and well nothing as yet, my account is still locked out by them so i'm guessing it is , it says PCCC so looks like a credit card and as i don't have credit apart from this too. I read on the forum about someone else with virgin them asking for certified copies of ID, i wish they would of just asked for them as im really worried and don't want anything else to happen to me.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 8th Dec 19, 12:25 PM
    • 3,003 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 8th Dec 19, 12:25 PM
    • 8th Dec 19, 12:25 PM
    Hi yeah i believe it is, i have tried calling them but they tell me someone will be in contact and well nothing as yet, my account is still locked out by them so i'm guessing it is , it says PCCC so looks like a credit card and as i don't have credit apart from this too. I read on the forum about someone else with virgin them asking for certified copies of ID, i wish they would of just asked for them as im really worried and don't want anything else to happen to me.
    Originally posted by buttonbear1985
    A Victim of Impersonation marker won't cause any of your other financial accounts to be closed.
    • maxximus75
    • By maxximus75 8th Dec 19, 11:11 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    maxximus75
    • 8th Dec 19, 11:11 PM
    • 8th Dec 19, 11:11 PM
    "If you see 'Victim of Impersonation' recorded on your credit report and you’re not aware you’ve been the victim of an identity theft (or an attempted one), do not be alarmed. It is likely the record was made by an organisation quickly to protect you, and that there is a letter on its way with an explanation (provided they know your current address and that they’re sure the fraudster will not be alerted).
    If you haven’t received a letter after a week or so, you should contact the organisation that created the record to find out more. Details can be found on your credit report, which you can access through the alert service you enrolled with."

Source: https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/identity-protection/victim-of-impersonation
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,320Users online

Martin's Twitter