Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ronbell101
    • By ronbell101 6th Dec 19, 6:42 PM
    • 135Posts
    • 12Thanks
    ronbell101
    Avro Energy
    • 6th Dec 19, 6:42 PM
    Avro Energy 6th Dec 19 at 6:42 PM
    I switched from Avro Energy to The peoples Energy back in January this year.
    I have just received an email from Avro(11 months after the switch) that i owe them 115 seems very strange to me...Im worried it could be a scam
Page 1
    • SilverMan
    • By SilverMan 7th Dec 19, 7:32 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SilverMan
    • 7th Dec 19, 7:32 AM
    • 7th Dec 19, 7:32 AM
    Apparently it is. If you owe, they would be notified immediately.
    I would not pay, it is better to contact support.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 7th Dec 19, 8:55 AM
    • 604 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    cranford
    • 7th Dec 19, 8:55 AM
    • 7th Dec 19, 8:55 AM
    Surely you can check the readings on the final bill against the opening reading of the new company and the readings and amount in credit or owed on the bill before that?
    Looks like it could be that you have had a loan from Avro for nearly a year.
    • danthemoneysavingman
    • By danthemoneysavingman 7th Dec 19, 9:48 AM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    danthemoneysavingman
    • 7th Dec 19, 9:48 AM
    • 7th Dec 19, 9:48 AM
    How have People's Energy been as a supplier?
    Let me Google that for you...
    • ronbell101
    • By ronbell101 7th Dec 19, 2:15 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ronbell101
    • 7th Dec 19, 2:15 PM
    • 7th Dec 19, 2:15 PM
    Ive had no problem at all with the peoples energy
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 9th Dec 19, 1:43 AM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 4,887 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 9th Dec 19, 1:43 AM
    • 9th Dec 19, 1:43 AM
    Ive had no problem at all with the peoples energy
    Originally posted by ronbell101

Neither did I. They even told me the reference to quote to my previous supplier for the switch readings as they had told me they hadn't got the end of supply readings. When I used that reference number the previous supplier backed off rapidly. So far - love them.

I get an email let us have your readings, give them the readings & email within the hour saying your bill is ready. Last major supplier at least 2 days!
    • rae73
    • By rae73 9th Dec 19, 7:22 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rae73
    • 9th Dec 19, 7:22 PM
    • 9th Dec 19, 7:22 PM
    I've had exactly the same! Switched from Avro to the People's Energy in november 2018 after non stop problems with Avro. Took months of chasing them to send the reading to our new supplier. Never heard from them after November 2018 when we paid what we thought was our final amount.
    Just had an email today saying we owe them 95 and it is due within 7 days!!!
    Cannot believe the nightmare is starting again!
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 9th Dec 19, 7:32 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 776 Thanks
    Gerry1
    • 9th Dec 19, 7:32 PM
    • 9th Dec 19, 7:32 PM
    Did the email contain a fully itemised bill and/or an explanation of what had triggered this unexpected demand for payment?

If not, request an explanation immediately. Find the contact details from a previous bill, don't respond to any address in the email, which could be a scam unrelated to Avro.
    • ronbell101
    • By ronbell101 10th Dec 19, 7:55 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ronbell101
    • 10th Dec 19, 7:55 PM
    • 10th Dec 19, 7:55 PM
    checked everything against a previous Bill and it all looks good
    I`m puzzled at how a supplier can demand payment (which I thought had been paid) within 7 days when the account was closed 11 months ago!!
    • DELOU66
    • By DELOU66 13th Dec 19, 5:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DELOU66
    AVRO final bill demand
    I've had exactly the same! Switched from Avro to the People's Energy in november 2018 after non stop problems with Avro. Took months of chasing them to send the reading to our new supplier. Never heard from them after November 2018 when we paid what we thought was our final amount.
    Originally posted by rae73
    This is really worrying, I left AVRO nearly a year and a half ago for British Gas. I'm even on my second switch with them and I received a bill from AVRO for 99 for my final amount. I've never seen a final bill from them before this month. I've tried ringing but they just don't answer the phones. Really don't know what to do.
    • DELOU66
    • By DELOU66 13th Dec 19, 5:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DELOU66
    AVRO final bill demand
    Originally posted by rae73
    This is really worrying, I left AVRO nearly a year and a half ago for British Gas. I'm even on my second switch with them (British Gas). After total radio silence from Avro for over a year, last week out of the blue I received a bill from AVRO for 99 for my final amount - payable in 7 days!!!!. I've never seen a final bill from them before this month. I've tried ringing them just to check as at this time of year that is a lot of money to fork out. But they just don't answer the phones. Really don't know what to do.
    • jamesperrett
    • By jamesperrett 18th Dec 19, 1:12 AM
    • 916 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    jamesperrett
    [QUOTE=DELOU66;76606539I've tried ringing them just to check as at this time of year that is a lot of money to fork out. But they just don't answer the phones. Really don't know what to do.
    [/QUOTE]

Are you sure that you are calling the right number? I've had to call them a couple of times over the last few weeks and I've always been able to speak to someone within a few minutes. However, they only work daytimes until 5:30 on Monday to Thursday or until 4:30 on Friday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,935Posts Today

9,857Users online

Martin's Twitter