Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 3rd Dec 19, 3:04 PM
    • 5,125Posts
    • 373,290Thanks
    sleepyjones
    What advents are you missing this year?
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:04 PM
    What advents are you missing this year? 3rd Dec 19 at 3:04 PM
    Any, usually good, advents that we're missing this year so we can keep an eye out for them?

Notable ones for me are

BeoPlay
    Heart Radio
    Hexus
    Barbour
    Hermes
    Ryobi Tools
    T3

I'll mention Scottish Widows and Hunt the Haggis 'cause everyone's always bangin' on about them

The Debenhams Beauty club always seems to come up too (but I seem to remember that was a late starter last year).
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
Page 1
    • Surfermom
    • By Surfermom 3rd Dec 19, 3:22 PM
    • 1,398 Posts
    • 19,625 Thanks
    Surfermom
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:22 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:22 PM
    There seem to be a lot less with good prizes this year. Some that I seem to have entered every year that are missing

My cat,
    Lakeland (have won a couple of nice prizes in the past),
    Gentlemans Journal
    M&S

Hopefully some companies will do 12 days instead.
    • hertzyabazas
    • By hertzyabazas 3rd Dec 19, 3:40 PM
    • 31,611 Posts
    • 5,776,741 Thanks
    hertzyabazas
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:40 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:40 PM
    UK2
    Gentleman's Journal
    One of the voucher websites used to have good prizes
    Stuff.tv
    Nectar
    Black Circles don't appear to have one running at the moment
    • xoxlauraxox
    • By xoxlauraxox 3rd Dec 19, 3:58 PM
    • 3,765 Posts
    • 31,915 Thanks
    xoxlauraxox
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:58 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 3:58 PM
    Pandora

I am thinking there will be some just doing 12 days that will start later in the month
    Thanks to everyone that posts
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 3rd Dec 19, 5:40 PM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 373,290 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:40 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:40 PM
    BlackCircles was a good one, as far as prizes but man, it was a pain with all the RT's, pretty sure I get a Twitter ban every year from that one.
    • gentleorange
    • By gentleorange 3rd Dec 19, 5:50 PM
    • 1,778 Posts
    • 30,140 Thanks
    gentleorange
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:50 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 5:50 PM
    Isn't there one on Heart? I've been entering... This one https://win.heart.co.uk/christmas/index.php?locid=ken&utm_source=heart&utm_medium=po dlink&utm_campaign=christmas
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 3rd Dec 19, 6:06 PM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 373,290 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    • 3rd Dec 19, 6:06 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 6:06 PM
    That's the one! ... it's exactly the same.

Not sure how I missed this but I would assume a lot of people must have missed it 'cause I haven't noticed any posts in the Advents over 100 thread ... actually, I don't think it's been posted on here?

I'm second guessing myself 'cause I can't believe this hasn't been posted on here and assuming that I just can't find a thread?

Looking at that Heart comp, if you go back to : https://win.heart.co.uk/christmas/index.php

It asks you to choose a location, which are Cambridgeshire, Chelmsford, Kent or Peterborough ... so you might only be eligible in those counties (I can't be bothered to check the terms )
    Last edited by sleepyjones; 03-12-2019 at 6:10 PM.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 3rd Dec 19, 7:26 PM
    • 4,697 Posts
    • 15,777 Thanks
    dontone
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:26 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:26 PM
    BlackCircles was a good one, as far as prizes but man, it was a pain with all the RT's, pretty sure I get a Twitter ban every year from that one.
    Originally posted by sleepyjones
    I was thinking that I hadn't seen that one.
    Also, the STABILO one, STHIL (the chainsaw company)

And I still do miss the Haggis Hunt. That one was a lot of fun.

It really isn't the same now. It's still fun in a twisted sort of way, but there are a lot missing now, and some of the prizes are a bit naff.
    Never mind, we are still daft enough to do them.

Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 3rd Dec 19, 7:33 PM
    • 14,145 Posts
    • 73,930 Thanks
    I luv cats
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:33 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 7:33 PM
    Pringles was always good a while back.

Vouchercodes game was generous last time around

Heart nationwide *shame current is localised*
    • mustafa say ving
    • By mustafa say ving 3rd Dec 19, 8:24 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 11,988 Thanks
    mustafa say ving
    The molton brown Christmas comp - not so much an advent but a really fun comp

I remember eons ago when BBC used to run advent comps - one for every area
    Last edited by mustafa say ving; 03-12-2019 at 8:48 PM.
    "Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into someone else's nonsense, tell yourself: Not my circus, not my monkeys." - Mark Borkowski.
    • gentleorange
    • By gentleorange 3rd Dec 19, 8:26 PM
    • 1,778 Posts
    • 30,140 Thanks
    gentleorange
    That's the one! ... it's exactly the same.

Not sure how I missed this but I would assume a lot of people must have missed it 'cause I haven't noticed any posts in the Advents over 100 thread ... actually, I don't think it's been posted on here?

I'm second guessing myself 'cause I can't believe this hasn't been posted on here and assuming that I just can't find a thread?

Looking at that Heart comp, if you go back to : https://win.heart.co.uk/christmas/index.php

It asks you to choose a location, which are Cambridgeshire, Chelmsford, Kent or Peterborough ... so you might only be eligible in those counties (I can't be bothered to check the terms )
    Originally posted by sleepyjones
    Sorry for not checking. I should have, I just assumed it was already listed.
    • sleepyjones
    • By sleepyjones 3rd Dec 19, 8:56 PM
    • 5,125 Posts
    • 373,290 Thanks
    sleepyjones
    I would have assumed the same to be honest
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 3rd Dec 19, 9:12 PM
    • 4,399 Posts
    • 63,759 Thanks
    Zanzib
    I looked at Heart the other day and didn't see an advent competition, but the stations have changed so it may not be running across them all this year.
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 3rd Dec 19, 9:28 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 41,515 Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    I miss the instant wins!

l'occitane was a great one.
    Nectar.

I feel like there are loads missing. I guess a lot of the social media ones have moved to Insta which I don't have.
    • xoxlauraxox
    • By xoxlauraxox 3rd Dec 19, 10:06 PM
    • 3,765 Posts
    • 31,915 Thanks
    xoxlauraxox
    I miss the instant wins!

l'occitane was a great one.
    Nectar.

I feel like there are loads missing. I guess a lot of the social media ones have moved to Insta which I don't have.
    Originally posted by bubblebobble23

Theres so many on insta now, and so many people tag 30+ people as the more you tag the more chance of winning usually!
    Thanks to everyone that posts
    • Hollbeach
    • By Hollbeach 3rd Dec 19, 10:18 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    Hollbeach
    It wasn't necessarily an advent but always came out at Christmas... But the currys pcworld one I remember from the last couple of years where you can win your tech list from your basket. I think someone here won it last year if I remember rightly
    • Ashgate
    • By Ashgate 3rd Dec 19, 10:33 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 33,104 Thanks
    Ashgate
    No Pets At Home advent yet, but then they seem to have stopped running the competitions in their magazine so I'm not holding out much hope. There were advents from Grazia and Zizzi last year which had some nice prizes but no sign of those either.
    • Ashgate
    • By Ashgate 3rd Dec 19, 10:38 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 33,104 Thanks
    Ashgate
    Also no Bloom and Wild advent yet (but then they do seem to provide prizes for everyone else's comps!)
    • gozaimasu
    • By gozaimasu 3rd Dec 19, 10:45 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 1,939 Thanks
    gozaimasu
    Whiskey Advent Calendar. I miss that one because it only required an email address. Without trawling through all the advents I won't be able to find the email only ones so I'm not doing any advents this year.

Also British Turkey. I won a thermometer from them a few years ago! Crackin' prize.
    Forum etiquette - Be nice to all moneysavers.
    • Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 4th Dec 19, 10:46 AM
    • 1,560 Posts
    • 18,215 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    There used to be so many good advent comps with very Christmassy themes for example Random House. Haven't seen that one for years.

Last couple of years also was Scottish Friendly which was just send an email and that had some good prizes.

Stylist used to offer some good prizes at Christmas as did the male equivalent of that mag (name escapes me just now). Edit just came back to me...Shortlist.

More and more are now on Social Media so I really don't bother with these. Yesterday Warren James on FB you only need to "like" the post. Within the first hour of them posting there was already over 9,000 likes on that post.

Likewise, tag three friends or tell us who you will be spending Christmas with or what's you favourite xx, I just cannot be bothered with these as I don't want all and sundry knowing my likes/dislikes and what I am doing for Christmas. It really has gone way over the top now.
    The best things in life are free.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,257Posts Today

8,342Users online

Martin's Twitter