New comer in UK and credit score funny story

Comments

• Rocksolid
    Rocksolid Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, I can't register to Experian or Halifax because of missing 3 years full UK address... And there I should be able to find my real credit score, and eventually remarks that are not visible in moneysavingexpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    This is painful.

You've already registered with Experian via MSE.

Halifax are not a CRA.

You will not see your "real' credit score anywhere as there is no such thing..

There are no 'remarks' you need to see which will be of any help.

Look at your Clearscore and Noddle files.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Rocksolid wrote: »
    Credit card will show up this month, but I paid in full the first month so no issue.

Credit card will be shown as the balance owing on the day that the data is reported by the lender.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 4 December 2019 at 9:08PM
    You say Money Saving Expert is not an official institution. Not sure what you mean by that. Are you suggesting credit reporting should be nationalised? if so, suggest it to Jeremy Corbyn.
    Nobody except perhaps Mystic Meg will be able to tell you when you can apply successfully for a credit card or any other financial product like a loan or mortgage without being rejected as every lender will have their own acceptance criteria.
    As previously stated Experian, along with Equifax and TransUnion, are CRA's who you can contact to obtain your credit files and to whom providers of credit report. Halifax is a bank, you cannot obtain your credit files from them and no providers of credit report to them (or at least I hope they don't!).
    If you had £50,000 in your account (you are another poster whose keyboard appears to lack a £ sign I notice) it would make no difference.
    There is no such thing as a 'real' credit score and myself and others have repeatedly told you this but for some reason you don't seem to want to understand. The CRA's provide a credit score based on their opinion of your general credit worthiness based on information contained in the credit files held by them which lack very important information (salary, employment status, residential status, affordability etc) which will be taken into account by providers of credit. This score is useless as an indication of the likelihood of you being accepted for a specific credit product. The score is also used as a marketing tool by the CRA's to get individuals, usually those with lower scores, to take out financial products to improve the aforementioned score for which the CRA advertising the product will receive a financial consideration.
    As to what remarks you expect to find, perhaps you could clarify? Any such remarks would of course only be the opinion of whoever wrote them.
    You appear to have a problem with the idea of providers of credit requiring some stability such as three years address history in the UK. This makes sense to me. You say you successfully applied for a credit card and were given a credit limit of Euro 2000.00 in another country after only 2 months residency. In my opinion the issuer of this credit card took quite a gamble. Do you still have this card? Do you still use it? Have you repaid it in full?
  • I will have a look to the other websites to check the credit score, but I'm quite sure I can't register to see it...

Yes my card was 2k euros and was issued after 3 months, so we can say the 4th month.

Probably was due to my kind of blue card there, here is also with biometric data, is not necessary but I remember was a requisite to speed up the process and get it so early, I've done it as soon as I landed. Does it have any effect here for credit application?

I always paid in time my card, never paid any interest and always used that card as suggested from the bank (probably data collection), even to pay 0.1 euro candy.

That was a top level bank, a premium one that I was paying per month for their service, here the same service would cost around 16 pounds per month, but those plans are tight with your salary, so if you just want to pay for it you can't take it, the salary is a presequisite... Probably with this sort of bank accounts I should be able to have the credit card even the next month...
    Here it looks every bank account is for free, thanks, they give the worst service ever, neither the 2fa with the sms code or push notification, or notification of transaction done in somehow by email or sms, completely behind the central Europe... No offense for people eh, just reviewing my experience.
    Here is just implemented a stupid machine learning that have been oiled several times, and for my understanding if it doesn't work for some reason the transaction is simply allowed, do not stop the business.
    Just my consideration guys, don't take it personal.
    Another thing is the missing verification of full name and bank coordinates, here just numbers, mistakes in transactions are frequent I've heard... Am I surprised? No ��.

Anyway the whole story is that I don't need a cc, but I need to boost my credit score.
  • I'm still waiting to see a kind of insurance if someone !!!!s your bank account or credit card, the security here is granted ����, or like the time to take back a misleading bank transfer.
  • Rocksolid
    Rocksolid Posts: 317 Forumite
    Ok guys, good job, just reporting 3 addresses to Credit Karma helped to register this damn account, so or you have 3 addresses or 3 years of address history. (I've relocated recently and now tried again to register)

I see few more info there and things to work on, for example I see already something weird, 50 pounds on 200 are seen like high credit usage, I'll work on that tomorrow on what the hell it means.
    It looks like a suggestion rather than a real problem, because below in the negative factors there is nothing...

So, as before was suggested to use the full balance and then pay it full every month, now I'm not considering anymore that idea :D, what do you think about this guys?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Rocksolid wrote: »

Anyway the whole story is that I don't need a cc, but I need to boost my credit score.

The most important thing is to make sure your credit score is an even number. Never odd
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    The most important thing is to make sure your credit score is an even number. Never odd

probably one of your most helpful credit score posts.
  • Terry_Towelling
    Terry_Towelling Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2019 at 9:01PM
    @Rocksolid, you keep banging on about your credit score - why? It means Jack and Didley. It is irrelevant. It is simply a tool to manipulate your borrowing behaviour. As has been pointed out, the important thing is your credit 'history' and you can't magic that up out of nothing. A good, solid credit 'history' takes time to amass. I understand the 'catch 22' nature of 'needing a credit history before you can get credit, but can't get credit without the credit history' and that is just tough - deal with it (just my consideration, don't take it personal).

There is no point in examining your credit history if you don't have one. It occurs to me that the only time your credit history is worthy of examination is where you suspect something in it may be wrong. I've never checked mine in the whole 147 years I have been alive.

If you can't get a loan, then you can't get a loan; likewise if you can't get a CC with a decent limit. No amount of examining your credit history (assuming it is correct) will alter that, so stop doing it.

Just use the card you have and pay it in full each month - things will soon change.

As a matter of interest, what did you do with the credit cards and bank accounts that you maintained in other countries?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure