Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lastkiss
    • By lastkiss 2nd Dec 19, 11:24 AM
    • 743Posts
    • 23,528Thanks
    lastkiss
    Facebook Ban Already!
    • 2nd Dec 19, 11:24 AM
    Facebook Ban Already! 2nd Dec 19 at 11:24 AM
    Just started day 2 of Advents and FB won't allow me to post

I didn't do that many yesterday! Does anyone have any idea how long a ban usually lasts? And any tips to avoid in the future? Thanks in advance
    November Wins:- Funky Iron! £200 Bon Accord Voucher and visit to Santa's Grotto. Lily O'Brien's Desserts Collections. Tunisian Crochet book.
    December Wins:- Pet Munchies. Belkin Wireless Charging Pad. Merry Xmas!
Page 1
    • xoxlauraxox
    • By xoxlauraxox 2nd Dec 19, 4:07 PM
    • 3,765 Posts
    • 31,915 Thanks
    xoxlauraxox
    • 2nd Dec 19, 4:07 PM
    • 2nd Dec 19, 4:07 PM
    I've been lucky so far, last year I got a ban after a couple of days, I think it lasted a week
    Thanks to everyone that posts
    • Mariobug25
    • By Mariobug25 3rd Dec 19, 1:46 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,641 Thanks
    Mariobug25
    • 3rd Dec 19, 1:46 AM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 1:46 AM
    Keep getting instagram bans too! So frustrating!
    • Minnibix
    • By Minnibix 3rd Dec 19, 12:52 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 667 Thanks
    Minnibix
    • 3rd Dec 19, 12:52 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 12:52 PM
    My last FB ban only lasted for about 12 hours but as it was on Black Friday I think FB and IG were having issues. Hope your ban is not too long
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 3rd Dec 19, 2:10 PM
    • 9,700 Posts
    • 346,562 Thanks
    BlueBella
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:10 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:10 PM
    I was banned from liking and commenting on Facebook at the beginning of the Advents last year! It lasted about a fortnight. No ban yet so far but I do cringe everytime I like a new page!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • lastkiss
    • By lastkiss 3rd Dec 19, 2:37 PM
    • 743 Posts
    • 23,528 Thanks
    lastkiss
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:37 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 2:37 PM
    I'm feeling fortunate then! Mine lasted a couple of hours. I am being much more cautious now though and only entering for the things I really really want on FB.

Insta do bans too?! Oh jeez it's going to be an interesting advent.

Sorry to all of you who had longer bans, that must have been devastating after all the work put in in the run up. I wish you much luck this year
    November Wins:- Funky Iron! £200 Bon Accord Voucher and visit to Santa's Grotto. Lily O'Brien's Desserts Collections. Tunisian Crochet book.
    • RedCardinal
    • By RedCardinal 3rd Dec 19, 4:11 PM
    • 3,145 Posts
    • 130,104 Thanks
    RedCardinal
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:11 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 4:11 PM
    Feel for you getting bans considering the amount of advertising Facebook itself puts on my page. Think they have a nerve to ban you.
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 3rd Dec 19, 6:32 PM
    • 9,700 Posts
    • 346,562 Thanks
    BlueBella
    • 3rd Dec 19, 6:32 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 6:32 PM
    It is so annoying that many of the companies are asking you to tag people and share! I have stopped sharing because it is against FB rules anyway but I don't like to annoy my FB friends by tagging them so much! I wish more companies were like the PDSA because all they require you to do is comment 'Pick me'!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • xoxlauraxox
    • By xoxlauraxox 3rd Dec 19, 8:04 PM
    • 3,765 Posts
    • 31,915 Thanks
    xoxlauraxox
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:04 PM
    • 3rd Dec 19, 8:04 PM
    It is so annoying that many of the companies are asking you to tag people and share! I have stopped sharing because it is against FB rules anyway but I don't like to annoy my FB friends by tagging them so much! I wish more companies were like the PDSA because all they require you to do is comment 'Pick me'!
    Originally posted by BlueBella

so many more asking to tag multiple people now, its very frustrating
    Thanks to everyone that posts
    • Short-n-Sweet
    • By Short-n-Sweet 3rd Dec 19, 8:13 PM
    • 7,069 Posts
    • 321,170 Thanks
    Short-n-Sweet
    I am on the ban bench but Instagram for me. I can't comment not sure why as I am only as active as usual, perhaps someone has gone to the trouble of reporting me for spam.
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
    • lastkiss
    • By lastkiss 3rd Dec 19, 8:17 PM
    • 743 Posts
    • 23,528 Thanks
    lastkiss
    I feel for you. I hope they lift it soon.
    • EnglishWelshie
    • By EnglishWelshie 4th Dec 19, 10:44 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 18,278 Thanks
    EnglishWelshie
    Feel for you getting bans considering the amount of advertising Facebook itself puts on my page. Think they have a nerve to ban you.
    Originally posted by RedCardinal
    If using a computer or laptop FB Purity browser extension is brilliant at getting rid of all the junk facebook force on you. You can set it up just how you would like it to be.
    https://www.fbpurity.com/

So far this year for my first time I have avoided a ban on facebook fingers crossed it stays that way. Last year I got one on my first day. One thing I do though is keep liking the pages I have already liked rather than unliking them in case they do more comps in the future.
    • Mariobug25
    • By Mariobug25 6th Dec 19, 12:34 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,641 Thanks
    Mariobug25
    Iím very active on insta and rest assured thereís a whole load of us being sent to the ban bench every day. Iím on yet another ban as of 20 minutes ago. They seem to range from 4 hours - 4 days (Iíve just got of a 4 day ban, and now Iím on another after 4 hours or so, ugh!)
    • LemonSocks
    • By LemonSocks 6th Dec 19, 1:50 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,692 Thanks
    LemonSocks
    I'm also a frequent Insta user and suffering from yet another ban. It's been about 2-3 hours so far. I'm hoping it's just a 4 hour and not another 24hr as that seems to be the only place I ever win comps.
    Best 2019 wins: £200 Muddy Puddles voucher + Outdoor Easel; Urban decay GOT vault ;
    • Joolski
    • By Joolski 6th Dec 19, 7:57 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Joolski
    Sorry to be so naive, but what exactly does Instagram ban you for? I'm currently entering comps which mostly require you to like the post and tag a couple of friends. Are you being banned for that??
    • LemonSocks
    • By LemonSocks 6th Dec 19, 8:49 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,692 Thanks
    LemonSocks
    Sorry to be so naive, but what exactly does Instagram ban you for? I'm currently entering comps which mostly require you to like the post and tag a couple of friends. Are you being banned for that??
    Originally posted by Joolski
    Yes. It's for the tagging. I'm not sure, but I suspect there's a limit of how many tags you are allowed to do each day as I often get banned on heavy comping days. You can also get banned for tagging too quickly.

However, you are only banned to continue doing the thing you were banned for - so at the moment I can still post pictures but I can't do any more tag comps and unfortunately most (if not all) Insta comps are to tag people.

I suspect this ban will last 24 hours as it's not been lifted yet, though I have been subject to a 4 day ban once before. Fingers crossed it was worth it
    Best 2019 wins: £200 Muddy Puddles voucher + Outdoor Easel; Urban decay GOT vault ;
    • Joolski
    • By Joolski 6th Dec 19, 10:13 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 839 Thanks
    Joolski
    Thanks LemonSocks for being kind enough to explain. I'll keep that in mind in future...!
    • MJB992
    • By MJB992 14th Dec 19, 8:11 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 1,374 Thanks
    MJB992
    I'm getting Instagram bans that seem to last 24hrs. The following day, if I try to LIKE one post, I get ANOTHER 24hr ban. So far it's been 7 days, and I've missed so many competitions that my friends are still tagging me in, haha!

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do? Why put me on a ban for 24hrs, only to ban me again the next day for trying to comment or like one thing (which doesn't go through)?

Frustrates me that there's no one to speak to on Instagram, either, to try to resolve the issue. Bah-humbug
    • mustafa say ving
    • By mustafa say ving 16th Dec 19, 10:56 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 12,006 Thanks
    mustafa say ving
    I'm getting Instagram bans that seem to last 24hrs. The following day, if I try to LIKE one post, I get ANOTHER 24hr ban. So far it's been 7 days, and I've missed so many competitions that my friends are still tagging me in, haha!

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do? Why put me on a ban for 24hrs, only to ban me again the next day for trying to comment or like one thing (which doesn't go through)?

Frustrates me that there's no one to speak to on Instagram, either, to try to resolve the issue. Bah-humbug
    Originally posted by MJB992
    It's exactly the same for me! I've missed some great comps!
    "Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into someone else's nonsense, tell yourself: Not my circus, not my monkeys." - Mark Borkowski.
    • Saving9
    • By Saving9 19th Dec 19, 11:04 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1,094 Thanks
    Saving9
    asking for tags is against facebook and instagram' s TOS, and instead of punishing the companies who ask for it, they punish the users? that's not fair
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,697Users online

Martin's Twitter