PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Comments

• Yay, well done on the 1lb off Izadora!:j:j

Brambling, good call leaving the biscuit at work and have a lovely time with your sister in Chichester tomorrow. :)

Wow BlueDoggy, 2lbs off - fantastic! :T:T

Cranky, that mince pie substitute sounds good, I might try and do a vegan variation. :A

Sillyvixen - woohoo - smaller uniform cudos to you. :beer:

Sirens, those mince pies are a danger to have in the home, I will wait until boxing day before I make mine (actually, it will probably be sooner as my DiL wants to join me for a cooking session next week some time). :o

I had a great time last night and the tribbles were a hit. We all wore our Spock ears and I had made Federaton badges for everyone. The meal was delicious and I was relatively sensible and avoided the cake. My nails are still intact although I will trim them tomorrow. :p
    31.5/100
  • Good morning everyone.

I have lost another 1lb this week despite Saturday's meal, yay! :j:j
    31.5/100
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Well done FrugalLina, Blue Doggy and Izadora :T
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 December 2019 at 10:54PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 4th Quarter

01/10/19 - 31/12/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Bfh /7. STS/STS
    Blue Doggy - 11/14. :):)/STS/STS/:):)/:)/:)/:)/:)/:)/:):)
    Brambling 5.5/12. :D:D:o/:):);)/:):);)/STS/:D/:):)/STS/:):):)/:D/STS
    Cranky - 6/12. :):)/STS/:)/:)/STS/STS/:):)
    DebbieDodge 3/14. :)/:):)
    Dumpling-18/31 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)/:D/:):)
    Frith - -/
    FrugalLina - 19.5/26. :):):):)/:):):)/;)/:):)/:):);)/:):)/:)/:):);)/:)/:)
    Honeythewitch - 1.5/7. :D:o/STS/:):);)/STS/STS/:):)/STS/:D:o
    Izadora - +5.5/14. ;)/:)/:D:o/STS/:D/:D/:D/:D:D/:D:o/
    Millymouse -1/17. :)
    Murphybear /
    Need2bthifty -1.5/9 :D/:):);)
    S_glover - +3/11 :)/:D:D:D:D/STS/STS
    SIRENS - 2.5/16. :)/:D:D:o/:D/:):):):):)/:):)/:D/:o/:D:D:D/:):)/;)
    Tighteningthebelt 14.5/20 :):)/:):)/:):)/:):);)/:)/:):):)/:):)
    Wishus 0.5/7 ;)/STS
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    Well done FrugalLina. :T. Your another person with lots of smiley faces :). I'm glad all the knitting was appreciated and you had a good time at your brother's birthday

I fear I could be on the naughty step this week again as I've seemed to have slipped off the wagon :o. We shall see ....

I had a good catch up with my sister today, even if it involved some discussion on family stuff which I'm determined to stay out of :cool: TBH it's probably for the best as if I get involved I'm not known for my tact and diplomacy. Lunch was a nice pub burger and chips with a side of indigestion (I'm out of practice with that type of food and it was a generous portion) not helped by the free mince pie served with the hot drinks which I ate as well. We did have a glass of wine as it's Christmas :) I've picked at rubbish food all evening which is bad as I have HM vegetable soup in the fridge,I convinced myself not to cook as I wasn't hungry :o
  • Thanks Sirens and Brambling!:A

I too had a bit of an eating situation yesterday. Something upset me and I turned to my most reliable friend and comfort - food! :o:o Even worse, I couldn't sleep, so even ate into night time. I am reining it in today and hopefully I can manage my anxiety.

Fingers crossed you can redress the balance by the time you weigh in Brambling! :)
    31.5/100
  • Good evening everyone :)

Thank you, Brambling, SIRENS, and FrugalLina

Congratulations FrugalLina on another loss. Very glad the party went well and your Tribbles were enjoyed. :j
    FrugalLina wrote: »
    I too had a bit of an eating situation yesterday. Something upset me and I turned to my most reliable friend and comfort - food! :o:o Even worse, I couldn't sleep, so even ate into night time. I am reining it in today and hopefully I can manage my anxiety.

Fingers crossed you can redress the balance by the time you weigh in Brambling! :)

I’m sorry you had a troublesome time, and hope you’ve had a better day. If it helps you were not alone, I’ll be joining Brambling on the naughty step. About 4am Monday, Junior Doggy woke me up wanting to go outside, and since he won’t do his business in the garden I had to put jeans & jumper over my pjs and walk the little [STRIKE]monster [/STRIKE] darling. :mad: When I got back, Senior Doggy had woken up and was shouting to go out. He went into the garden :D. The :mad::mad::mad::mad: mood stayed with me, and although I started well (porridge for breakfast and fish fingers with tomatoes and fennel for lunch), I broke the rule and opened the bottle of ginger wine and had a couple of glasses :o. It did calm me down a bit though. The rest of the afternoon I just pigged out on several bowls of hm muesli.

Last night, although very sleepy when I went to bed I couldn’t sleep until about 3 am. :eek:

Anyway, hopefully back on track today:
    B: porridge
    L: cheese salad
    D: spinach soup, chopped cauliflower bolognaise, cinnamon yogurt
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • Brambling
    I can relate Blue Doggy although my PITA has a litter tray he won't use it and can't understand the concept of i'm not working so don't need to get up yet, at least I don't have to walk him, just open the cat flap :cool: yes I know the answer is to shut him downstairs but I'm a sucker for his big pleading eyes :)

I had the day off as I'm working on Saturday, the horrid weather has meant I've stayed in and found things to do, there a a couple more bags for the charity shop :). It also has meant I was close to the kitchen and its contents

B -
    L - breaded chicken in a pita bread
    D - pack of c&o crisps, cheese and crackers
    S - 2 x fibre one brownies, apple, pear, cheese, pack of star bursts
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Well a teeny, tiny scraping of a loss of 0.5lb

I am rather surprised it wasn't a gain, let's hope it doesn't sneak on me next wee.

Surprised myself with my resolve this week as a new restaurant is opening a couple of doors away and have been tempting local business with a free lunch for all employees for the last two days, I have managed to stick to my packed lunch and kept my hand out of the sweet tin that a customer kindly brought in for us ( despite my manager shaking it under my nose several times yesterday!)

Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep Blue Doggy, it's amazing how much interrupted sleep can through us off, but what would we do with out our furry loves x

I am working today and off tomorrow and Friday then back in on Saturday, so will spend my two days off catching up on housework and wrapping a couple more gifts, might have a walk on Friday depending on the weather.
    Today's food
    B porridge and fruit
    L tandoori chicken and rice, mixed veg, apple
    D jacket potato, cheese and beans.
    S advent choc
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Thanks BlueDoggy, while I wasn't perfect yesterday, I did manage to stay reasonably sensible and so far today, I am doing much better.

Sorry about your interrupted sleep, nothing worse for giving us the munchies. :o

Brambling, you too, we love our pets, but they don't seem to understand our need for rest. :mad:

Sirens, you deserve a huge loss after being so restrained regarding FREE LUNCHES and avoiding the sweetie tin. But half a pound is half a pound off and that is to be celebrated at this time of year.

I am back after cycling over to my sister's house. The BBC weather forecast said it was going to be dry all day. They lied. :mad: Anyway, I am home, dried off and waiting for the coughing to subside (asthmatic wheeze-bag that I am). :rotfl:
    31.5/100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport