cifas marker category 4, help!

2»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi! What is your purpose for posting this? It's just a half of the story, I will write the full story later

I posted it as it could help other people who come here in the same situation.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm also a little puzzled why you would involve a second person.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If they feel the broker is the one in the wrong, they will take action against the broker and the CIFAS marker should be removed from your file.

You won't get anywhere by bleating on here about how unfair it is. You've been told what to do - go to the FOS.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 December 2019 at 8:53PM
    To make the things simple. The fact is I didn't tell, sign, check or know the information he provided to the lender!

Of course you didn't, you allowed a third party to liaise with the broker on your behalf. If you wanted to oversee the process you should have done what most people do and deal with it yourself. You decided, for whatever reason, to involve a third party in the process and as a result, lost almost all control over it.
    I only know everything few months after another application was declined.

See above.
    It’s is very dangerous for you to believe a signature is not important. If a broker filled in false information without your knowledge, this could cause significant inconsistency in your future application.

It has become absolutely normal for contracts to be signed "digitally" and even then, signatures are really only there to cover people's rear ends in case something goes wrong. And if you gave permission for the third party to deal with this, what's to say they didn't sign something or verbally agree to it over the phone?

It goes back to what I said at the beginning. Offloading this to a third party has taken all control out of your hands and when that happens you can't really complain that you didn't have any involvement. That's what you get when you do something like that.
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I wouldn’t explain anything anymore. I don’t think I can get helpful things in here
    You're only saying that because you're not getting the answers you want to hear.

You have been told several times what your next step is. Do it.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure