What small DFW things will you do w/c 20th Jan?

Options

Comments

• Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, this is such a good idea. I know I'm going to get bored of money saving, and being frugal, unless I can set weekly targets and celebrate the little things :)

I'm not well today. I have a cold and it might be the end :rotfl:. However if I do manage to survive this horrendous affliction and get some energy back, my aims this week are:-

* Baking - rolls, fruit buns, chocolate brownies
    * Make lots of soup
    * Get up to date with house stuff - washing, hoovering, dishes
    * Sort out my catalogue returns
    * Get a battery for my scales so I can weight things to work out postage for eb*y.
    * Advertise wedding dress for sale
    * Packed lunch for the one day I'm in the office and home cook all other meals
    * Experiment with my idea for a hm paper log maker and see if it works.
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2020 at 10:56PM
    Options
    PurpleFairy Thanks for starting this weeks thread :A

I've not read this weeks so sorry for not sending hugs, congratulations, condolences as appropriate.

Today's achievements:
    Shopped and stuck to the list
    Put all the shopping away
    Took snacks and drinks out with us
    Updated spending diary
    Home educated the children
    Prepared tomorrows dinner (we are out a lot tomorrow and have a quick turn around so this will save me stressing or resorting to convenience foods)
    RM survey
    Pmp etc
    Entered a couple of competitions
    Lit the stove
    Kettles on top, giving us plenty of hot water
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

I’m planning on a relaxing day seeing some friends, I didn’t sleep well so will be planning an early night :)

My list for today:
    Said I would treat friend to lunch, have voucher and some cash in personal spends pot. Think the last time we ate out I was on mat leave 7 years ago so it’s not like it’s a regular occurrence :o
    Check banking, TT my account, paid some money back to current account from house pot
    Washing, out on airer
    Fly lady bathroom
    Breakfast and tea from stores. Breakfast is hm muslei including some seeds from my use up box.

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning purps thanks for starting the thread yesterday :D Your day sounds fun. Hope you have a great time :D

Welcome to the thread Elisheba, Daphne16 & sunflowerlady (from last week!) stick with us and keep plodding and you'll get there. I know there are several of us who have been posting on here for years! (I think I'm up to around 12 :eek:). It has been a source of comfort and solidarity. We've laughed and been excited through the big events, virtually held each other's hands through the hard times, cheered each other on as we've watched ppl become df. Hope you'll all stick around :)

I have been up since 5. I would :eek: but this is my new reality. Had 6 hours last night so that's a win...

Today:

* have cut out fabric for baby wipes - part of baby gift for dd. she's due mid Feb so could be any day now :j Will sew these up later
    * TOMM
    * hang up washing in machine
    * go for a run at 10
    * all meals from stores
    * I'm going to dig out my Portuguese stuff from years ago and look in to using my free time in the evenings a couple of times a week to pick it up again. Be good to get to a point where I can converse with oh and surprise him :cool:
    * make a loaf of bread - oh & I are in a mexican stand off. He's won!
    * call dentist :eek:

Ok that'll do me
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    A day late but thank u to purps for starting off a new thread.

Welcome to the newbies, its a great thread that keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Off in to town to get a couple of storage boxes this morning and then on to Tesc@. Needing cat litter, its either expensive or impossible to get. Had to spend out on a wood chip one which does not go down well. The only thing i could get on Sunday and at £4 a bag i was not a happy bunny

Banking all checked, everything good.
    Checked quidco last night, small amount so cashed out.
    New phone up and running, so old phone has been sent off, hopefully £22 back from it.
    Cat cleaning all done
    Meeting tonight, did some prep yesterday.
    Just about to put DW on, eco setting
    Worked on my budget last night for the next 4 months. Happy with everything.
    Efficient last night, put a big load of washing that didnt need ironing away. A stairlift footplate comes in very handy for piling on stuff to take up upstairs!!
    Meals from stores, need a few use ups to use

Can't think of anything else but im sure there is, i always forget something!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Today is very busy, I will be spending my afternoon and evening ferrying the children here there and everywhere. We need to make the most of the time we are home this morning, mainly lessons and chores.

To do:
    Using the water heated on the stove last night to make my breakfast cuppa, I stored the water in the flask overnight and then brought it up to the boil in the electric kettle
    Swallow a frog
    Work out our order for the wholesaler
    Washing to dry on the airer
    Check bank accounts
    Home educate children for free
    Plan for an NSD
    Record any spends
    B/L/D & snacks & drinks whilst out and about from stores
    Submit meter readings
    RM survey
    Pmp etc
    Get ready for tomorrow

I've not been sleeping well over the last couple of nights, I would like to get to bed at a more reasonable time tonight.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Decided not to go food shopping yesterday to drag everything out for another day - which meant I had a NSD!

Today I have/will:
    * Check banks
    * Do foam rolling
    * Take lunch to work
    * Turn microwave off at the wall
    * Turn hoover off at the plug as OH had left it on (it has a little red light so using at least a small amount of electricity!)
    * Defrost car with warm water rather than a product
    * Park for free and walk the mile-ish to work
    * Continue eating OOD cereal with communal milk at work
    * Go to the gym at lunch
    * Work out why bathroom radiator is leaking and see if I can fix
    * Check OP/PA
    * Make meal plan
    * Make shopping list
    * Shop to list
    * Dinner from stores
    * Count up piggy bank - must do this and decide what to do with it (depending on what is in there, although I don't expect there to be a lot!)

That's everything I can think of for now. Hope you all have a good day.
    Starting again..
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 21 January 2020 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Morning all and welcome to Elisheba, Daphne16 & Sunflower :) Its a lovely thread so I hope you stay with us.

Todays list (a day at home as still not feeling 100 % but I still want to be productive so I'm setting timers for 15mins doing stuff then 10mins rest, I always find it surprising how much I can get done)
    :grinheart Cheap but healthy porridge for the kids for breakfast this morning with a few sultanas thrown in for good measure! ✅
    :grinheart De-iced my car with a scraper that I've had for at least 15yrs - on my 15 min drive to get the kids to school and back, I didn't see a single other person de-icing that way, everyone else I passed was either using a kettle/hot water or de-icer spray ✅
    :grinheart Check banking/update spreadsheet - ✅ the moneys come in for the phone I sold for my mum so that was the last selling thing I was waiting on completing
    :grinheart Cook two chickens at once in the oven - ✅ and pulled apart, juices in the fridge for a leek and potato soup I'll make later in the week and the carcass is in the slowcooker to make stock
    :grinheart Make banana bread or banana/peanut butter muffins for packed lunches (and to use the bananas I bought yesterday but when I've unpacked them they're not very good)muffins it is, out of a bag of 7 bananas only 3 are good enough to eat normally, so I've made (kind of ) double muffin batter (put less sugar in for health and less peanut butter.. well because I ran out! :rotfl:) I'm using a new silicone mini muffin tray I got from Lakeland ages ago but not got round to using til now, so first batch is in, will have to keep an eye on them as I'm not sure about cooking timings as I'm thinking they'll need to be out a lot sooner then normal size muffins!
    :grinheart Spot clean the carpet in the front room that the kids use, much quicker and easier then getting the whole carpet cleaned ✅
    :grinheart Dishwasher is on a quick wash, will need emptying - ✅
    :grinheart Put away the dried washing from yesterday ✅ - I'm hopeful none of it will need ironing as I try to only iron work shirts/trousers✅ It was a couple of shirts and a pair of trousers - but I now do have an empty wash basket! :T
    :grinheart Get the duster out (not :money: money saving but if I put it down on here I've got more chance of remembering to actually do it!)
    :grinheart Make families lunches for tomorrow

That's my start. Hopefully I'll be back to update in my next mini break!

Take care all. :beer:
    ✅ ✅ grilled the last of the pack of cooking bacon I got to try last week, will chop up with some of the chicken and a bit of mayo so that dh & the kids can have this in their sandwiches tomorrow for a change
    ✅✅ Whilst under the sink for the carpet stain remover stuff, I tidied that cupboard, still a few bits in there that I wouldn't usually have (I kept and used stuff left in rental house when we cleared it) but its getting better and there was some mould spray in there so I used a bit of that around our bedroom window.
    ✅✅ Continuing using up the green tea bags - no waste here!
    ✅✅ Sewn up a small hole that was forming in the back of a jumper of dh's - I'm gutted as he's only had it since October and wasn't a cheap purchase! :mad:
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2020 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Well, it was supposed to stay above freezing last night, but it is in fact very icy indeed this morning, with added fog :(

I will be looking after GS for most of the day, and as he stays firmly clamped to me at all times, I will not be getting much done while he is here. However, I have a bit of time before he gets here, and some time after he goes, so will aim to do the following:
    All food from home Bits from fridge for lunch, pesto pasta (home made pesto from the basil jungle I grew last summer) for dinner :)
    Sort out washing on airer - I bought a huge box of various linen, mainly old tablecloths, at the weekend for £1. Only a couple look saleable, which is fine, as I only paid £1 for the lot. I was wondering if I could make cleaning wipes from some of the others, or even tea towels. Seems a shame just to recycle them all. May have to get my ancient sewing machine out. Turning the edges over and machining is within even my limited capabilities! I won't be doing this while GS is here needless to say! Managed to get them ironed while he was asleep. There was a lace curtain thing that can go to the CS, a large catering size tea towel that has gone in the tea towel drawer, about 4 saleable tablecloths and several with holes / marks / fraying etc that can be used for something else. OH has bagsied one for his workshop (uses rags to apply oils, stains etc on the wooden things he makes). I will think about the others.
    Quick kitchen clean up Done, but needs doing again now :cool:
    Continue transferring stuff to my second new computer (had to return first one as faulty). Bored of this now! Ought to do some of this
    Not a very ambitious list today :o
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good evening all and thanks to PF for a lovely new thread. I am just exhausted, twisted my ankle last night while running after finally coming back from fall before Christmas. I think my asthma makes me a bit unsteady when I try really hard! Very annoyed. But will do core for the rest of the week and see how it goes.
    Am technically having a NSD day today except I just dropped £106 at the postoffice for my ds first UK passport. It has been planned since 2017 and he needs it now, it's all done. A bit of a milestone really and it means it's just me left in the 'other' line when we come back from visiting family.

Went straight for the couch when I got home as am cold and dont want to cook dinner. I think it will be sausages, vege and sweet potato bake and I will have to start it in a bit.

Otherwise it's tidying up in all the stuff I isn't do last night as ankle was defunct.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure