Milestone Birthday - Photo to Painting

Options
Hi all,

I have a milestone birthday coming up for a family member who is a petrol head and 100% into cars. I wanted to get something special rather than any old gift, and thought about getting some photos of his current / past cars created as a painting or some form of art he can hang up in the garage. I have been googling but only seem to find apps or software that you try at home, does anyone now of any companies that offer such a service?

Many thanks.
Mortgage Free Wannabe Light Bulb Moment (Early 2012, started May 2012)
Original Mortgage Amount - £147k (Oct 2005) / Term 27 years (To 2032)
Target to Pay off by 2026 by overpaying - Officially Mortgage Free June 2023!
Balance Reduction Progress: May12 £128k / Nov13 £120k / Dec15 £107k / Mar18 £87k / Mar21 £46k / Jun22 £28k / Jun23 £0!!

Comments

• suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    You can have them put on a canvas, aluminium or poster. Google photo gifts.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    getting it printed/rendered into a wall-hanging is one thing, changing a photo into an 'oil painting' is another.

Googling "app change photo to painting" brought this straight up "Prisma is a photo editor app that creates amazing photo effects transforming your photos into paintings. Using Prisma's art filters you can make your photo look as if Picasso, Munch, or even Salvador Dali himself painted it for you!"

Not sure what it costs but the code is out there. You may even find a lite version for free.

It sounds like a nice present, 20vt-rs & you may even get it sorted in time for the 25th!
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you considered commissioning a local artist to do the job - show them the pictures/photos and ask for a price to do a bespoke oil painting?
  • 20vt-rs
    20vt-rs Posts: 674 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, I managed to find a company which also happen to be quite local to me called Letterfest... They created a hand sketched drawing of the cars and framed it all up, it's superb. I would highly recommend them.
    Mortgage Free Wannabe Light Bulb Moment (Early 2012, started May 2012)
    Original Mortgage Amount - £147k (Oct 2005) / Term 27 years (To 2032)
    Target to Pay off by 2026 by overpaying - Officially Mortgage Free June 2023!
    Balance Reduction Progress: May12 £128k / Nov13 £120k / Dec15 £107k / Mar18 £87k / Mar21 £46k / Jun22 £28k / Jun23 £0!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure