How to obtain credit reports

Comments

• sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    I tried to get my credit score with Equifax and at the last stage said they can't proceed because my card isn't registered to my current address. I really need to check it though! Anyone know how?

Google Experian. Click 2 Statutory Report. Click Order by Post. Download and complete application form. You won't need a card registered to the same address to pay but it's slow and they may need extra ID

You don't need your score. No-one does as it's irrelevant. All you need is your report

If you're trying to find out your score because you've been declined credit, the fact your card isn't registered to your current address is a big negative. If you've moved recently, forget applying for anything until you're on the electoral roll and Experian and Equifax both show this
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I'm on the electoral roll and I've lived here 2 years.

Unfortunately it NEEDS to be Equifax because I suspect they have incorrect information about me.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • sfax
    I'm on the electoral roll and I've lived here 2 years.

Unfortunately it NEEDS to be Equifax because I suspect they have incorrect information about me.

So why is your card registered somewhere else?

Same applies to Equifax. Apply for your £2 statutory report by post from them. No need for card address checks. The checks are for online viewing where you need extra security because your report isn't being sent to your home address
  • analyst_2
    analyst_2 Posts: 296 Forumite
    I've been trying to sign up with Noddle for a "free for life credit report" for about 10 or 11 days now. Any suggestions on how to do it, because all I get every time is this:

Noddle1.jpg

A free for life credit report isn't much good if you have to spend your whole life just trying to get it. :mad:
    The bankers stole my pension (and everyone else's). It should have earned a lot of money, but they took their bonus pot first.
  • sfax
    analyst wrote: »
    I've been trying to sign up with Noddle for a "free for life credit report" for about 10 or 11 days now. Any suggestions on how to do it, because all I get every time is this:

Noddle1.jpg

A free for life credit report isn't much good if you have to spend your whole life just trying to get it. :mad:

I got this with my Halifax credit card but when I switched to my bank Visa Delta card, it worked. Noddle can't verify some cards and they won't provide the report without identifying you using a card
  • analyst_2
    analyst_2 Posts: 296 Forumite
    OK, this time tried my Visa/Delta debit card and it worked . . . or so I thought!!!

No verification email has been sent, despite their sign-up page saying it had, so I am still up a blind alley.
    The bankers stole my pension (and everyone else's). It should have earned a lot of money, but they took their bonus pot first.
  • sfax
    analyst wrote: »
    OK, this time tried my Visa/Delta debit card and it worked . . . or so I thought!!!

No verification email has been sent, despite their sign-up page saying it had, so I am still up a blind alley.

From memory, the email wasn't instantaneous. You should get one from noreply@noddle.co.uk with a PIN
  • Chickabiddybex
    Forumite
    sfax wrote: »
    So why is your card registered somewhere else?

Same applies to Equifax. Apply for your £2 statutory report by post from them. No need for card address checks. The checks are for online viewing where you need extra security because your report isn't being sent to your home address

It's registered to my mums address because I don't think it is secure to have bank stuff delivered to rented accommodation due to security reasons. I know 2 people whose new cards and pins went to incorrect previous addresses. I'm paranoid now I guess! I only want to change adds when I have my own home.

If I get the £2 report will it give me info on what loans I've had etc? Equifax seem to think I took out a mortgage when I was 12 for some reason.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • sfax
    It's registered to my mums address because I don't think it is secure to have bank stuff delivered to rented accommodation due to security reasons. I know 2 people whose new cards and pins went to incorrect previous addresses. I'm paranoid now I guess! I only want to change adds when I have my own home.

If I get the £2 report will it give me info on what loans I've had etc? Equifax seem to think I took out a mortgage when I was 12 for some reason.

That setup will create issues because your credit report will show agreements at an address that differs from the electoral roll. If a card or PIN goes missing, you're not liable providing you weren't negligent.

Your report should show all active and some closed accounts. Usually goes back up to 6 years
  • Chickabiddybex
    Forumite
    It never caused any problems with my credit rating in the past. It used to be good! It should be still. I just need to see the possible errors. I'll send off for that £2 report in the post, hope they don't mind the card I'm paying with isn't registered to the address it is being sent to!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure