No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2019

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 6:05PM
    400ml L’Oreal Fibrology Conditioner 1/1 O.K. but not good enough to buy again.

I am having my hair coloured again, decided that I was looking too washed out, it is expensive so I decided to buy some products to enhance the colour and hopefully make it last longer.

IN
    355ml Hask Keratin Protein Shampoo 1/1
    355ml Hask Blue Chamomile & Argan Oil Conditioner 2/2

Two more hair products on order:D

My skin is playing up ATM, I have swapped one cleanser and one moisturiser and added in an Elemis Pro-Radiance Flash Balm, hopefully will be able to revert to the other items when it has calmed down.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU this afternoon:

REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel 25ml sample WNB. I would never have used this as a face cleanser, as my skin prefers milk or cream cleansers. Used this up as a hand wash and it was a bit drying on my hands. I like the scent though.

I'm going to have a nice bath tonight, so I'll have some more UUs later tonight.
  • sstevo19
    Another UU, I decided to do my evening skincare routine early tonight:

Eve Lom Gel Balm Cleanser 5ml sample WB as a full size. This was nice. I've got a 30ml bottle of this in my stash as well, and this is really nice. I used it as my second cleanse and this really cleaned my skin well. It's left my skin feeling soft and nice.
  • First UU of 2019:

Living Proof Prime. WBA. This is one of my staples.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, I really like her videos, although if she didn't ramble so much they could be half as long and just as good!

TA: Clinique Nude Pop lipstick. This had about 2mm left in it and had gone a bit funny, it was making my lips sore.

I like watching Amber F. She had one of those Clinique lipsticks go bad on her too. Sad it smelt like Playdough. I had a Smashbox one go bad on me that also smelt that way.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    Two UUs this evening:

Lush Bewitched Bubble Bar WDBA. This was such a lovely scent. I will definitely buy another one if it comes back from Halloween at Lush.

Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Bath & Shower Oil 3ml sample WMB as a full size but only as a treat. This was nice. Helped to relax me before I go back to work tomorrow. Very nice.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    I am considering doing a new-year clear-out, I have some older but still in date Lancome face creams that I will try and sell on the more reliable Facebook groups, I'm sick of all the messing about on eBay!

I might even just give it to the refuge near me as it didn't cost me much and might give someone in need some genuine luxury.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kadison wrote: »
    I am considering doing a new-year clear-out, I have some older but still in date Lancome face creams that I will try and sell on the more reliable Facebook groups, I'm sick of all the messing about on eBay!

I might even just give it to the refuge near me as it didn't cost me much and might give someone in need some genuine luxury.

I’ve even found selling on Facebook to be a real hassle lately. I posted recently about this. When I sold that last Cleansing bar the woman sent me her address first, said someone else could vouch for her and then pled poverty after Christmas! She has paid now but only after me saying I’d make it available for sale elsewhere.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    kadison/VALM - I've stopped selling on ebay altogether now, it is just too open to exploitation by the buyers, the seller pays the fees but are hung out to dry by ebay. Shame really as when you have a good transaction it is great.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    A flurry of UUs ths morning:

The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel 60ml WDBA. This is a classic shower gel. The scent makes me feel a bit nostalgic, and I always like the sweet strawberry smell :)

Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub sample WMB as a full size but I'm not sure. This scent would seem better for the summer. Nice scrub though.

Lush Snow Fairy Body Conditioner sample WDB as a full size and I'm glad I received a mini tub as part of a Christmas gift set. Love this scent.

The Body Shop Shea Nourishing Body Butter 200ml WDBA. I love this stuff. I use it on my feet after every shower and it helps soften them a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure