IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Papers only claim

Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The problem is ... just check how many threads are started or updated on just this Parking board every day - it is HUNDREDS! And there's not that many knowledgeable people able to answer all these threads, so the same few people are trying to help as many people as possible in the limited time they have available.

Therefore there's little time for niceties or pleasantries. (Remember, nobody here is getting paid to do this - it is entirely voluntary. So if someone kicks off and goes in the huff then the people here who can help will get frustrated and exasperated, and will move on to help someone else who appears more appreciative).
  • uselesspleasehelp
    Options
    Thing is I’m so grateful, more than they know, I have told them, I just struggle to understand that’s my problem, but I appreciate all their time and effort. I haven’t seen new posts that apply I just read old ones so it seems.
  • uselesspleasehelp
    Options
    Can I just point out after days of looking through all the posts that seem applicable, not one is the same as my husbands. No one else is avoiding court so how was I supposed to find information, evidence etc that can help when there isn’t any? I see lots of people getting help as examples actually given as ideas of evidence etc, I haven’t had this and it’s all I wanted. I’ve been moaned at for helping my husbands case but others are doing the same and that’s fine. I’ve never been on a forum before, never had this to have any knowledge of and not had the intellect to do this alone. I don’t understand why everyone else got help so easy and because I’m not picking it up as easy as others been ignored and been insulted basically. I feel I’ve been discriminated against because I’m a slow learner ( my husband more so) and not been given the help because I didn’t understand first time. Thankyou to those that did help, but I just tried to get the relevant help but using abbreviations I don’t know and not clearly explaining doesn’t help. No one seems to of understood what I said, I’ll just except that you have to already be intelligent to be on here or no one cares
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's one from last month where they plan to tell the court a couple of weeks before the hearing, to hear the case on the papers:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74802235#post74802235

Nothing different in the meantime.

In the Summer we had a person post a win where they decided it wasn't worth their while to turn up. They had won at previous hearings though, and were confident in their Witness Statement and evidence. I can't find the thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • uselesspleasehelp
    Options
    Thankyou for that, there’s so many pages and posts I didn’t see that one. I’m happy to act on all the advice and my husband is going to fill out the N180 but he is asking what our witness statement and evidence is going to be and that’s where I’m stumped. There were signs apparently he just parked there because the security man and his friend said it’s fine. I can’t fiind anything I can use against them as I don’t have any letters, bar one, and I’ve seen photos on their website, because thinking it was all pointless, threw them away, we have nothing to refer to. This is my husbands concern that we have no justified reason for it to be heard on papers and then no evidence to produce, everyone else seems to have so much they can use.
    Thankyou for helping me and sorry I’m hard work .
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is my husbands concern that we have no justified reason for it to be heard on papers and then no evidence to produce, everyone else seems to have so much they can use.

Once the N180 form is returned, there is about 4 months until a hearing as that is the queue of cases in front of you. Courts are slow which helps you.

Once the form is returned then you send Subject Access Requests to the parking company and the DVLA to get copies of most of the paperwork you need. Someone may have the other bits once we know what you have and what you are missing.

But get the DQ form back to the court / the other side before the date on the court letter (if you have one)
  • uselesspleasehelp
    Options
    Ah thankyou for that. I didn’t know I could ask them for that, I guessed they they just wouldn’t cooperate.
    Ok I’ll get him to contact them. Write or email would you say? What exactly do I ask dvla for sorry? I’m guessing it’s something to do with them giving out my husbands details and the reason why?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What exactly do I ask dvla for sorry? I’m guessing it’s something to do with them giving out my husbands details and the reason why?
    You should email the DVLA and ask which organisations (and for what reason) accessed the registered keeper's data from them between a range of dates which includes the date(s) of the parking incident(s). You need to provide the registered keeper's full name and address, the address on the V5C logbook and the Vehicle Registration Mark of the vehicle involved in the parking incident.

SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Even though you email your request, the DVLA will respond via Royal Mail.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • uselesspleasehelp
    Options
    Have just done this thankyou so much, I feel much relief with just these last few posts alone. I’ve been trying to read back over everything and take it in, please excuse me if I ask anything that I have already been told and missed, I I’ll try and do this. I am still very concerned what On earth I can have as WS and evidence though. Let’s hope dvla give me something I can use, my husband doesn’t have any faith in me right now and I can’t disagree at this stage, it I’ll do my best that’s for sure.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am still very concerned what On earth I can have as WS and evidence though.
    But the WS is merely your husband's story of what the facts are. Easy to write.

Examples are in the NEWBIES thread, along with a list of examples of typical evidence...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure