Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Comments

• bubbs wrote: »
    I didnt have too,but then i was pay

Happy Birthday :bdaycake:
    Well done on your loss:j:j:j

Hello and welcome :D
    Why was your stomach gurgling ? wind or hunger as you should never be hungry:cool:
    I am not keen on SW stuff from Iceland but do like the curry sauce but others say its horrible, but i make a syn fry curry out of it, add garlic, onions, chicken and mushrooms, i usually put my pictures on here :D
    Does you wife WANT to lose weight though? because if her mind is not set correct she wont do it as will eat other things behind your back in secret.
    Good luck on your journey as it is a lifestyle change and i for one didn't think i would do it but i did and my dh embraced it after he couldnt get in his trousers:rotfl::rotfl: i have maintained now since last March
    Congrats on your efforts, and maintenance of your weight.

My wife is committed and wants this, she knows nothing will get better without effort and dedication, I know I wont get to where I want to be without the effort.

I don't know why I was cramping and feeling so hungry to be honest, same happened last time I started, cramping, constantly feeling hungry, muscle cramps, then after 4 weeks bloat and wind, then over time it went away.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Congrats on your efforts, and maintenance of your weight.

My wife is committed and wants this, she knows nothing will get better without effort and dedication, I know I wont get to where I want to be without the effort.

I don't know why I was cramping and feeling so hungry to be honest, same happened last time I started, cramping, constantly feeling hungry, muscle cramps, then after 4 weeks bloat and wind, then over time it went away.

Thanks,
    That's good she wants it :T that's half the battle, but remember it didnt go on over night so won't go away over night.
    Wind is always there unfortunately:rotfl::rotfl:
    I have been prepping this morning for the coming week, i have made a massive 6ltr pot of beef stew for lunches for work for dh and I, we take food flasks, i have boiled eggs for snacking, made a crustless quiche and done the veg for dinner later and potatoes for chips tomorrow. Pictures will be later:D
    I know tomorrow we are having home made burgers, Tues cottage pie, weds not sure, Thurs Curry, Friday we have fakeKFC, Sat we have "picky" tea, this is where we have our syns for the week:o, its a standing joke on here , but i have done it from day one:D
    If we can help in any way just ask, usually someone knows the answer ;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    curl_girl wrote: »
    What's the procedure tweets?
    I've got my Mag, do I phone to book in ?
    If I register with my real details will I get chased for payment for not attending further meetings if I decide it's not for me?

No just go to class with your coupon filled in.

Then sit with newcomers and listen to talk then fill in form they gave you.

Don't get books though you have to sit and listen to class that starts when all regulars have signed in ,

I got bottie ache sitting so long on hard plastic chair :(

When class finished newcomers go pay weigh in and tell consultant what you want goal to be .

I not going again :D

Don't think you will get chased for payment. I didn't last time I went years ago just went once and never again til yesterday :rotfl::rotfl:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Lost .5

3 cheers hurray hurray hurray clap clap clap

Poppy dog went woof woof woof :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    tweets wrote: »
    Lost .5

3 cheers hurray hurray hurray clap clap clap

Poppy dog went woof woof woof :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well done
    clapping-hands.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Afternoon everyone.

I know I sound like a moany get, especially as I was once a newbie
    , but I'll be glad when February comes and the crowds die down - was worse than a cattle market yesterday ....& I know of one person who decided not to go at all because of it.

However pleased to say that WI saw -3.5lbs which was surprising as i hadn't done any exercise.

I did go running this morning & was surprised at how easy it was to get back into it - even though I'd been doing some exercise whilst I was away.

Not sure what's on the menu tonight - might even be something simple like an omelette.

Have a good evening everyone
  • bubbs
    Afternoon everyone.

, but I'll be glad when February comes and the crowds die down - was worse than a cattle market yesterday ....& I know of one person who decided not to go at all because of it.

However pleased to say that WI saw -3.5lbs which was surprising as i hadn't done any exercise.

I did go running this morning & was surprised at how easy it was to get back into it - even though I'd been doing some exercise whilst I was away.

Not sure what's on the menu tonight - might even be something simple like an omelette.

Well done :D
    My consultant said she had 117 new members last week, she does about 8/9 groups, times like this glad im not social team taking money any more:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Afternoon everyone.

When i re-enlisted (god that sounds like i'm doing a stint for the armed forces), There was very big cues of people, and the hall was ram packed even with people standing, and it could seat 30-60 comfortably, we saw this last time we enroled over a year ago and by march that 30-60 ended up being just 7 of us regulars.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy Birthday Haylaluru and well done on your loss. You're quite right, nothing counts on your birthday! Well done too Tweets and GTS

Welcome TheTalkingDead. Don't go hungry - I find that's when I overeat to compensate. Bubbs has good ideas about preparing foods to 'fill the hole'. I find eggs brilliant for keeping that full feeling.

Today's menu (an SP day?? I've never properly got my head around it)
    B Porridge made with half and half milk and water, 1/2 tsp sugar, large orange
    L Omelette with lots of mushrooms and tomatoes, apple
    D steak with lots of veg (no potatoes) - plannng onions, grilled tomatoes, carrots, green beans, cauli and broccoli
    snack - fibre one bar, maybe a yoghurt later

Happy Sunday!
  • Another good week - lost another 2lbs :)

Just about to do my menu plan for the week - have left it a bit later than usual and already had the shopping delivered so will be working in reverse this week but I've got plenty in so it should be fine.

Keep up the good work everyone.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport