Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Comments

• Together Energy have only taken over today and you can only call them Tuesday toThursday during the week So before they can call you change to So Panda ie [SoEnergy] and you can also wth a code from a member of this forum or others get £20 when sign up with them, on their site [direct] via google takes 5 minutes.Their office hours are Mon to Friday 9am Fix is for 12months They are the cheapest fix at present and customer service is great I myself will save with them monthly £49 against Together's Energy price [B]You can check this out via[/B] [B]comparison sites[/B] And I am aware of problems voiced within this current discussion Keep Smiling
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    After reading the last couple of pages, I'm getting extremely depressed as OFGEM , in their infinite wisdom, have declared Together Energy as S.O.L.R for the 36,000 hapless souls who were with One Select when it collapsed - and unfortunately I'm one of them:eek:
    How long is it going to take them to obtain/agree credit balances carried over from One Select - and how long to set up accounts so that we can escape?:(

OFGEM's preference is to seek volunteers for the role of SOLR. It may be that Together Energy was the only volunteer, or the best of a bad bunch.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    george1939 wrote: »
    Together Energy have only taken over today and you can only call them Tuesday toThursday during the week So before they can call you change to So Panda ie [SoEnergy] and you can also wth a code from a member of this forum or others get £20 when sign up with them, on their site [direct] via google takes 5 minutes.Their office hours are Mon to Friday 9am Fix is for 12months They are the cheapest fix at present and customer service is great I myself will save with them monthly £49 against Together's Energy price [B]You can check this out via[/B] [B]comparison sites[/B] And I am aware of problems voiced within this current discussion Keep Smiling

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74780609&postcount=279 :cool:

Firstly, there is no 'cheapest fix' - if there were, we wouldn't need any of the numerous comparisons site that exist.

However, I did check a comparison site as you suggested, and the supplier was for me over 10% more expensive than the cheapest dual fuel tariff currently available, and approximately 20-25 down the list (although that was admittedly a mixture of variable and fixed tariffs)

Finally, if I did want to switch to the supplier you suggested, I could earn possibly £34 cashback going via a cashback comparison site
    e.g. https://www.energylinx.co.uk/energy/cashback/

Shop around, you may find even higher cashbacks are available. :money:
    ... and that cashback may even be available for one of the cheaper suppliers/tariffs too !
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    brewerdave wrote: »
    After reading the last couple of pages, I'm getting extremely depressed as OFGEM , in their infinite wisdom, have declared Together Energy as S.O.L.R for the 36,000 hapless souls who were with One Select when it collapsed - and unfortunately I'm one of them:eek:
    How long is it going to take them to obtain/agree credit balances carried over from One Select - and how long to set up accounts so that we can escape?:(
    Ofgem has appointed Together Energy to take on supplying OneSelect’s 36,000 domestic customers. This follows a competitive process run by Ofgem to get the best deal possible for the customers of OneSelect, which ceased trading on Monday 10 December.

Together Energy is offering OneSelect’s customers a competitive tariff and will honour all outstanding credit balances, including money owed to both existing and former customers of OneSelect.

For existing customers, energy supplies will continue as normal as they switch over to Together Energy on Friday 14 December.

Customers of OneSelect will be contacted over the coming days about the changes.
    Together Energy will be in touch with customers in the coming days. Any questions customers have should be directed to Together Energy.
    Together Energy will honour the credit balances of current and former OneSelect customers. Former customers should wait for Together Energy to contact them.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-appoints-together-energy-take-customers-oneselect

Not quite sure why you are suddenly keen to get credit back now, when you seemingly allowed credit to build up with a supplier that has now gone bust.

In most other situations where a supplier goes bust, you would not continue to receive the goods or services ordered, would have to file as an unsecured creditor, then wait months and months to see what if anything you would get back (as assets would first need to be liquidated) ... and usually only at best get a tiny fraction of the money owed back at all.
  • If Together Energy are being given thousands of new customers, it's a disgrace. Their customer service is appalling. Trust Pilot is full of customers whose reviews show that they cannot get a bill out of them. This is a disaster in the making and OFGEM should be ashamed. I can only think that Together was the only company that offered to be S.O.L.R. I advise all ex-One-Select customers to look elsewhere.
    Je suis sabot...
  • If Together Energy are being given thousands of new customers, it's a disgrace. Their customer service is appalling. Trust Pilot is full of customers whose reviews show that they cannot get a bill out of them. This is a disaster in the making and OFGEM should be ashamed. I can only think that Together was the only company that offered to be S.O.L.R. I advise all ex-One-Select customers to look elsewhere.
    Agree wholeheartedly
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    [QUOTE=wavelets;75186821

Not quite sure why you are suddenly keen to get credit back now, when you seemingly allowed credit to build up with a supplier that has now gone bust.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yes, I'm fully aware that my credit balance would be at risk/lost in other circumstances - but there is the OFGEM safety net!!Without that, switching would become far too risky and we would be back with the Big 6 Cartel:eek:

Don't want the money back as cash- its not a huge amount as they had only taken one DD - just concerned about how long it will take for the administrators of OneSelect to agree the carry forward balance with Together Energy.
    I'm still waiting for Usio's administrators to agree credit balances with First Utility and Octopus STILL haven't finalised my account with them because of the Iresa situation!

Fortunately, I never paid either Octopus or First Utility as I always intended to move away from their uncompetitive SOLR tariffs.

I don't intend to pay Together Energy anything either unless they come up with a good deal.
  • _Kismet
    _Kismet Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 January 2019 at 10:10PM
    09-01-2019 Update:

Am I being unreasonable if I'm starting to get angry? The fact that following OneSelect's collapse, OFGEM has handed the reins over to Together without giving consumers any kind of choice or heads up, was not a great start. It was only through MSE that I found out that OneSelect had gone bust.

But talk about out of the frying pan... From the beginning, Together have been sloppy in their communications and late keeping to their promises, if they do at all. Their last email was on Monday 7th where they said the switch to them would be complete by Tuesday 8th January 2019 and customers would then be free to switch. So I went for MSE collective switch supplier Bulb, and started the switch yesterday.

Guess what, that was a lie, because today I get an email from Bulb at 6pm saying that I need to tell Together to cancel the switch.

Going to call Together tomorrow morning to let them know to get out of my way...

Wish me luck :(

Original post, 25-12-2018:
    Together has taken on us OneSelect customers and I find their disorganisation and sloppy communication to be a bad sign.

Their FAQ updated 19th December 2018 stated: "By now you should have received some email communication from us keeping you informed with details of your new tariff."

Nope. I only received tariff information on Sunday 23rd. In any case, the new tariff is more expensive than the OneSelect tariff I was on previously.

I only became aware that Together had taken over when I received a text message from them out of the blue: "You should have an email from Together Energy asking you to confirm your details & give meter reads". No, I did not receive any emails, and had to confirm the takeover for myself to verify I was not being scammed.

That was on Tuesday 18th. It was only yesterday (24th) that I actually received the email asking to confirm details and give meter reads.

Given that yesterday's email (subject line: OneSelect - Confirmation of details & Meter Read Requests – IMPORTANT) was the first and only time that I was provided with the link, I'm a bit offended that it actually seems to accuse me, the customer, of not being responsive: "We recently asked that you click on the link below and confirm the relevant details."

No, Together Energy, you may have "recently asked" by text message but at that time you had not yet sent me the email with the link. I check email and monitor spam folders daily, so if they had sent anything that ended up in there then I would have seen it.
  • Tony_Langley
    Tony_Langley Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 25 January 2019 at 2:36PM
    Did your switch go smoothly?
    Have you had problems since?
    Is it easy to contact?
    The answers to the above questions are:- no it didn't go smoothly
    Problems? Yes, I've had copious problems; incorrect bills, a series of untruthful reassurances that things had been corrected. Sloppy website portal info (old and incorrect bills remain), until recently their "portal" showed out of date balances, now it shows none. I complained to Ofgem, won and they could not even complete Ofgem's instructions competently. The new web portal was faulty when it was enabled recently and would not accept meter readings.
    Easy to contact? No. They don't acknowledge or reply to emails. Long waits on the phone. Incomprehensible call takers (UK not India).
    I've now left with a second Ofgem complaint running due to them double charging for two time periods and not, after 8 weeks of badgering them, being able to put it right.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Together have a new log in page - so I thought I'd try it to see if I had an account yet (following from the One Select transfer) - my email addy still not recognised!! And nothing further on the web site since the updates on 15th Jan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback