* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sorry to hear you’re struggling NIC, work can have such a huge impact on your whole life if you’re unhappy there. I hope things improve for you so you can find your way through. Sending you hugs. xx
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday Murie.

Nic sending you hugs. Hope you can find a way upwards. Just take each day one at a time and try and make sure you have people around you who care and you try to let them in. Not everyone will have the answers but knowing you have the support network is a help
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes- I had a great couple of days x

Nic- As the others have said, don't struggle alone x. Have you been to the GP ? I know medication and therapy isn't for everyone, but if it can help in the short term then its worth trying. That said, it's hard taking that first step xx. I really hope things start to look up for you soon xx.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Nic, nothing to say that hasn't already been said, but hugs to you, hang on in there and keep posting here when you feel able.
    Journey accomplished, diagnosis made, solutions offered, successful day. So glad l took her.
    New baby arrived Saturday evening, lovely little girl, both well, l love being a great aunt.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nic - sorry you are feeling this way and i know this will sound a bit over the top maybe but have you considered talking to the Samaritans ? My Dd needed to unload a shed load of things and someone suggested she talked to them , we decided a face to face chat was better for her and after an hour she came out looking like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders . You can email /call/text or turn up for a f2f .

Christmas wise nothing going on , Dd's birthday is sorted and i know what i am getting hubby but will leave it to nearer the time incase he buys it for himself .Although i have decided to start saving on an Asda Christmas saver card as my work in their wisdom have decided to change our pay date from the 25th to the last working day of the month which means i won't get paid until Dec 31st so organization is a must now .

Belated birthday wishes Murie:bdaycake:
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Congratulations MRSINVIS
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Happy birthday to junior_j! :bdaycake: Many happy returns.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy birthday Jess!!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes murie and birthday wishes today junior_j

Feeling a teeny bit under par tonight so will be back later to properly update
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• freespirit66
    Options
    NIC I’m so sorry to hear you are feeling so low, I have been in that black hole many a time and everything feels overwhelming and impossible. Listen to your body, if it wants to sleep then have a nap before the kids come home from school, or put the kids to bed and go to bed early to read a good book, or just to drink a coffee in peace. Re: the housework concentrate on one room, the messiest at a time and spend 30 mins, then stop. You will start to feel achievement in baby steps. Can you talk to your sister or a friend about how low you are feeling, sometimes this really helps to talk out loud. And don’t feel a failure because you are not, you are a fab mum, who makes fab memories with her kids, we are all here for you x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure