Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 11:29 AM
    • 5,698Posts
    • 70,555Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 11:29 AM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 11:29 AM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Tine; 17-05-2019 at 1:22 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 6
    • Apple1985
    • By Apple1985 18th Apr 16, 5:34 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Apple1985
    Sorry you are leaving cats! Good luck and keep us posted.

Fingers crossed tinks! X
    • Tinks05
    • By Tinks05 18th Apr 16, 6:19 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Tinks05
    Did a Clearblue digital test tonight (yes I'm impatient!) and it confirmed BFP 1-2 weeks! It's all feeling very surreal as I really thought we were out this month.

Sorry to be another one of those people that doesn't seem to have been here very long at all. Please don't hate me!

Baby dust to all, I will still be reading every day and hoping for lot's more BFPs!
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 18th Apr 16, 6:27 PM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    newthrift
    Tinks fantatsic news xx Congratualtions xx
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Boy Newthrift arrived July 2017
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 18th Apr 16, 6:38 PM
    • 5,698 Posts
    • 70,555 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Yay! Congratulations Tinks - here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy. x
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    • Meepmeep
    • By Meepmeep 18th Apr 16, 7:35 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Meepmeep
    Big hugs to Cats - here's hoping that you'll get some good news soon. Will look out for you on the 12+ thread. X

Congrats Tinks!!! Great to hear, wishing you a smooth 9 months x

I'm taking the wine and chocolate zone seriously, munching my way through a bag of chocolate... Just back from the acupuncturist. Apparently my kidneys are stressed...
    OH said he'll go for sperm test, so been looking on line for places and inadvertently reading about success rates - blimey, they really do go down after 40. I wanted to cry (but just shovelled more chocolate in my face!!)
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 19th Apr 16, 4:02 AM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    newthrift
    Well tested in FMU again and still BFN. However not getting my usual PMS signs, what I do feel is so much like how I was when j previously got BFP so quite frustrating. I'm now 4 days after missed AF. I'm going to ring my DR's see if they will book me in for a blood test/what hey advise. I don't feel stressed so don't see that it's that effecting me. Fingers crossed for hopefully some good news
    • Apple1985
    • By Apple1985 19th Apr 16, 6:06 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Apple1985
    Congrats tinks and yes newthrift I would ring docs

Well I'm in turmoil. Last night after two faint positives at the weekend I wiped and there was blood?? I did a clear blue digital
    This morning and it's saying pregnant 1-2 weeks but I'm so scared of this blood. There's been a little bit when I wipe this morning? Do you think I'm going through a chemical pregnancy or maybe it's implantation bleeding? I've got period like pains and lower back ache xx
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 19th Apr 16, 6:43 AM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    newthrift
    Apple fantastic that it's showing pregnant on digi Congratualtions xx for peace of mind I would speak you your Dr as it could be absolutely nothing to worry about as I believe it can be common during early pregnancy, you just have to make them aware.
    • clarabell1984
    • By clarabell1984 19th Apr 16, 6:49 AM
    • 1,152 Posts
    • 410 Thanks
    clarabell1984
    Cats, so sorry to see you go

Congrats tinks, hope you have a healthy 9 months!

Apple congrats on your BFP, sorry I can't give you any advice, I'm sure everything will be fine xx

I've decided I'm going to just lurk for a bit. Nothing is happening here and the more I see the CD days bump up, the more upset I've been. There have been pregnancy announcements and births all around this last week and I'm just not coping with it.

Hubby took sample to hospital yesterday and won't get results until 4th may, I'll prob be even later than that for bloods results- feels like a lifetime away.

And although we've been taking a laid back approach with BDing, It's all just getting too much not knowing what is happening with my body.

Baby dust to everyone xxx
    Last edited by clarabell1984; 19-04-2016 at 6:51 AM.
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 19th Apr 16, 7:26 AM
    • 682 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    Congratulations Tinks. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. I certainly don't want you to feel bad, we're all rooting for eachother from what I can see

Congratulations Apple. Unsure on what is the norm here so maybe ring GP/Practice Nurse for advice? Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy also.

Lovely news.

Good idea to ring GP Newthrift. Let us know how you get on.

I'm testing tomorrow (OH been away since Sunday)
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 19th Apr 16, 7:35 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    MancMama4
    Congratulations Tinks, wishing you a wonderful 9 months x

Apple that's fab about the digi BFP, I would definitely give the GP a buzz about the bleeding but I've heard its very common in early preg around when AF would be due - best to check though.

Newthrift hope you get some answers too soon!

Goodness me you're a fertile bunch this month, send some of that baby dust my way please haha!! X
    Last edited by MancMama4; 19-04-2016 at 7:39 AM.
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 19th Apr 16, 7:37 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    MancMama4
    Sending hugs clarabell, I know how you feel it's so difficult when you can't escape your own thoughts. Take care of yourself Xx
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 19th Apr 16, 7:55 AM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    newthrift
    Clarabell Sending hugs your way x

Update: GP telephone call was quick and easy this morning basically they are telling me it is quite normal to just "miss" a cycle at this stage following my MS in January. As long as I have no funny brown discharge (TMI sorry) and no horrendous pains in my lower abs, fainting ect that it's just normal and we are to carry on trying. And I have no need to do another HPT unless I skip my next AF. (normally I have a 34 day cycle).

Lets just say that being on CD40 and wondering how the heck to work out next OV time is going to be fun I'm glad i'm able to post here and just get things out sometimes, thank you
    Last edited by newthrift; 19-04-2016 at 8:07 AM.
    • newcook
    • By newcook 19th Apr 16, 11:19 AM
    • 4,894 Posts
    • 8,260 Thanks
    newcook
    I dont know - I dont come on for a few days and you all get knocked up massive congratulations to you all with your BFP's and here's hoping for some more this month!!!! xxx
    • Keekee
    • By Keekee 19th Apr 16, 1:33 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Keekee
    Congratulations Apple and Tinks! Hoping you both have a very happy and healthy 9 months.
    Hugs to all those that need it
    xx
    • Milliebob
    • By Milliebob 19th Apr 16, 2:48 PM
    • 246 Posts
    • 1,705 Thanks
    Milliebob
    Just a really quick update from me - CD1 today.
    Happiness can be found in even the darkest of places, if one only remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
    Happy Comper since Dec 2013
    Baby #1 Sept 2012
    Wedding 21st May 2015
    TTC Baby #2 since 5/15
    • pink petal
    • By pink petal 19th Apr 16, 3:11 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    pink petal
    wow lots of positives this month!! Congrats everyone...now pass that baby dust onto the rest of us please!!

Sorry to hear that Milliebob, I'm expecting the witch tomorrow as well

PP x
    • angel11
    • By angel11 19th Apr 16, 5:22 PM
    • 411 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    angel11
    Wow, so many bfps recently I can't remember who I've congratulated & who I've forgotten!!! So if I haven't already said so, congratulations & here's to a very happy & healthy 9 months. Now, share some of the baby dust with the rest of us please lol.

Clara sorry you're having a horrible time, fx for some progress soon.

Mille sorry the witch got you

Meep I like your style, choc & wine are what get me through every AF lol.

Afm, CD25, AF due Friday. Had started to feel a bit of PMS, but has kinda disappeared today. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, not sure I could handle the disappointment. Although tbh, PMS has been so horrendous the last few months that AF PMS-free would be a welcome change. Had a hot stone massage this afternoon & I have to tell you ladies, I feel like a new person The therapist was amazing, she managed to get rid of all my knots & tension (and trust me, there were a lot!!!) It was kinda a wake up call to how stressed I've been, & reminded me that I need to take better care of myself.
    Last edited by angel11; 19-04-2016 at 5:25 PM.
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 19th Apr 16, 5:38 PM
    • 5,698 Posts
    • 70,555 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Hugs Milliebob - I was so hoping this was your month. I hope the rest of your holiday helps to take your mind off it a bit. xx

Congratulations Apple - I had spotting in the beginning of my pregnancy with my son - it was around 6 weeks of pregnancy and it lasted for a couple of days. I went to A&E as it was over a weekend typically, and they said they couldn't scan me until Monday when the EPU was open again. They took lots of blood though. They scanned me on the Monday and they found a heartbeat and all was ok. Unfortunately it will be a case of wait and see until that point as before 6 weeks, it's impossible to see a heartbeat, though they may offer you a reassurance scan at your EPU beforehand if you're very worried to check that the sac and everything look good. Fingers crossed it will be nothing to worry about. xx
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 19th Apr 16, 5:42 PM
    • 5,698 Posts
    • 70,555 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD20 MancMama4 - 2DPO
    CD25 angel11 - 10DPO
    CD24 Rachylou1981 - 11DPO
    CD30 Keekee - 14DPO
    CD40 newthrift - 22DPO
    CD36 pinkmagpie - 23DPO

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD7 big5 - Awaiting ov
    CD6 sexymouse - Awaiting ov
    CD9 little angel - Awaiting ov
    CD10 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov
    CD10 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD10 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov
    CD17 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    CD20 newcook - Awaiting ov
    CD20 Meepmeep - Awaiting ov
    CD27 pink petal - Awaiting ov
    CD34 the_insider - Awaiting ov
    CD36 Jojo_fry - Awaiting ov
    CD84 clarabell19894 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 Milliebob - Awaiting ov
    CD4 VicVics86 - Awaiting ov

Those we haven't heard from in a while

chocolatelover93

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 20-04-2016 at 7:17 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

1,935Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin