PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• LannyLee
    LannyLee Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    adelight wrote: »
    Another GC :D
    Can I be put down for £25 please?
    I've got a free £10 dairy delivery coming and lots of frozen meat to use up so it should be a cheap month!

I did this, am so looking forward to it on Saturday, Free really is my favourite price :p
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for the new thread Pink :A

I'll be back later to sort out and tidy up the Recipe Index - keep 'em coming boys and girls :D
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Thanks for the thread everyone :) good luck :)
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    LannyLee wrote: »
    I did this, am so looking forward to it on Saturday, Free really is my favourite price :p

Wish I had that dairy delivery near me, I would use it even if it wasn't free :(
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • LannyLee
    LannyLee Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wssla00 wrote: »
    Wish I had that dairy delivery near me, I would use it even if it wasn't free :(

I wouldn't feel too bad, it's very expensive, that's why I only order stuff if I've got a voucher.

We splurged & ordered bacon & cheese, things that we've been trying to cut back on as they're getting more & more expensive.

How bad do things have to be if we consider cheese a luxury item :p & not anything posh just bog standard mature cheddar :rollseyes:
  • lbr102
    lbr102 Posts: 192 Forumite
    Just thought I'd say a proper hello now the november thread has started as this is my first GC challenge!

I've already spent most of my £70 budget...that isn't as bad as it seems though as our month started on 25th October and we got a lot in. Looking forward to seeing how well I can do! :)
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Can I go down for £300 please. I've been sticking to the challenge but not posting last couple of months as been busy doing house stuff but the challenge helps me stay focused.

Very optimistic this month as have half a lamb and lots of other whoopsies in the freezer
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 October 2010 at 3:15PM
    Hiya, can I rejoin please
    Can you put me down for £375.00
    please, when I did this last time, I was way way over, I'm sure, but I think (famous last words), I'm better now.

Month will start 29th October and finish 26th November.

I've worked this out like this, last time I wanted to be lower than £300.00 but never acheived that, I don't think I spend £75.00 a week at the moment, but seeing as these 5 Fridays in this month I've put £375

I'm hoping it will be much lower than this.
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 28 October 2010 at 3:23PM
    Hi Mrs M - here's my total for last month in case you missed my post in October: OCT=£355.20 Please put me down for £355 for November. (For those who are interested this is for me and DH who is following a high protein low carb diet at the moment) My month runs from 28th Oct- 25th Nov - thank you muchly.

Did my big shop today and spent far more than I had hoped - even though I did a list first on MySupermarket. The trouble is that my local branch of Sainsbury's doesn't always have the things I can see online and they have other things I don't see online IYSWIM...

Anyhow, I am not worried as have stocked up on all my dry goods and meat, bought 2x4pts of milk for £2 and put one in the freezer and shouldn't need much each week apart from the usual F&V. So 3 weekly shops (I go on a Thursday)out of what's left =£64 per week which is very high I know for two people but the diet is expensive. I would like to do everything for £50 per week but I am not going to get too ambitious! Here's hoping!

Good luck everyone

Moniker
  • Spiggle
    Spiggle Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    LannyLee wrote: »

Hi LannyLee,

I have milkmen around here but to my shame stopped having them when they started delivering plastic bottlers ala sm style but much more expensive. How do you get the freebie vouchers please?

Thanks in advance,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills